PDA

View Full Version : Kid Support of help at LRP?

rhygin
06-12-2011, 09:39 PM
So... I am stretching to make LRP given single dad status and a couple of complexities that come with that fact. My daughter will be with me on Sat AM for my Group #1 and Group #3 run groups. I will have "coverage" for the PM races, but am reaching out to see if my daughter might be able to "hang" with anyone... possible with kids for two 30 min shots.

She will be good solo... but trying to dampen the selfishness of this spot for a little one.

Thanks!
BB

kevin22
06-12-2011, 09:58 PM
I will be running group 5, I will have my 12 year old son with me, I can help out if you need. I can only help on Saturday though.

kevin

mossaidis
06-12-2011, 10:07 PM
As with Kevin, my family can help but only on Saturday. My sister with my 4 year niece Sofia will be there.

raffaelli
06-12-2011, 10:59 PM
No problem. She can hang with my family. My daughers 7 and 16 will be there along with some nieces and nephews. We usually set up near the tree in paddock A. Look mme up when you get there.

gran racing
06-13-2011, 09:02 AM
This is really cool btw. We almost need to set up a kids area. lol It is SO much easier when there are other kids around for them to play with. (My son is 3) I could probably help for future events as well...

CRallo
06-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Good to see you guys coming together SO fast on this! You guys should def paddock together, then it will be natural and it will help the whole event, not just while you are racing AND you won't have to drop them off anywhere...

JLawton
06-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Just don't let Rallo near your daughters...............

:D

Dano77
06-13-2011, 10:44 AM
We wont be at LRP but you know the invite is open at NHMS. Just look for the angry mob of 5yo riding there bikkes all over the fenced in paddock. There is usually bikes,rip riders,scooters all the good kid stuff. Oh and movies in the trailer.

Basically looks like a day care center. besides they are surrounded by a fence,and everyone pretty much knows who owns them. What a better place to grow up.

Dan 77 ITA

rhygin
06-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Wow... sounds good. Maybe I will try to find a spot on Friday AM sorta near the tree between Big Bend and the left. A little closer to the left is a pretty central spot. Maybe soem sort of loose assembly here?
Brad

gran racing
06-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Hanging out on the hill has always been a great place for us. Kids can run up and down, not near any cars or other equipment they can get hurt.

gizmo83
06-13-2011, 04:45 PM
brad,
My daughter and daughter in law will bw there Saturday..looks like you have plenty of options! I can help after group one is done on Friday!
You know where we usually are if needed!
Denise

Jeremy Billiel
06-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Geezuz... I need to go into the track babysitting service.

CRallo
06-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Nice, real nice...

Hey, its more like "Don't let your daughters near Rallo"

Just don't let Rallo near your daughters...............

:D

gran racing
06-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Jeff, is that what your daughter relayed to you later? :o

rhygin
06-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks everyone!

in many ways this is the coolest thread that I have come across/been a part of to date. I sincerly appreciate the willingness of fellow racers to jump in and offer support! Very cool... I think Maddie even made a friend!

Great weekend at LRP as weather largely held completely on Friday and Sat was perfect.

Now if we can do something about the 17 spins 13 crashes and 4 or 5 DNFs in groups #3.... i felt like i got lucky to finish... though i did get popped hard enough in the bumper in Big Bend that my right hand came off the wheel...