PDA

View Full Version : Sebring races

manny
06-01-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm just going to come out and ask. What is " spec car challenge enduro" and "TES" enduro mean? Its listed on the schedule for Sebring for July and August races.

Chip42
06-01-2011, 10:06 AM
TES is tropical Endurance Series - like the ECR series but only in FL (PBIR, homestead, sebring, daytona). http://www.tesracing.com/

I don't know about the spec car challenge.

manny
06-01-2011, 10:13 AM
reason im asking is because i'll be getting back to racing in my ITB car and i can make those dates. thanks for your answer.

manny
06-01-2011, 01:01 PM
This is also my reason for asking. On the scca national site its a reg/tes/vintage weekend while on the cfr site it says spec car challenge. Which one is it?:shrug:

Mazmarc63
06-01-2011, 02:12 PM
I would agree this is slightly confusing. The TES is for IT and SS cars with the addition of SRF. The Spec Car Challenge is a little face off between SM and SRF with a handicap tacked on to the SRF's (faster lap) - added to the Drivers School weekend to "fill" some time.

I know the region is adding a PDX to the DS weekend like they had at Daytona. I wonder if the Spec Car Challenge (SM and SRF only) will still be a part of the TES series for those two classes.

Basically Manny, if it goes like I think it might, there wont be a TES enduro at Sebring in July. Just the Spec Car Challenge/DS/PDX.

You could enter the DS as a licensed driver and/or the PDX (Performance Drving Experience).

manny
06-01-2011, 02:17 PM
I have retained my license, just looking to go racing :D

jsgprod
06-02-2011, 01:34 PM
I have retained my license, just looking to go racing :D

Are you entered for this weekends event at Sebring? Group 7 (ITB, ITC etc.) has 23 entrants to date...FIFTEEN of which are ITBs!

Should be fun. :D

manny
06-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Not quite ready yet darn :( will be by next month.:023:

manny
06-03-2011, 06:09 AM
looks like we'll just have to wait and run the sarrc race at daytona on 8/6