PDA

View Full Version : Cool Shirt Install

Mseiler
05-18-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm just about done installing my Cool-Shirt system and I wanted to ask about running the connection from the shirt to the hoses. I've got an UltraShield Spec Miata seat. Is there a "best way" to route the tubing?

I figure someone's already invented this wheel...can you share your experiences?

Thanks!

JeffYoung
05-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Did you manage to get the ice box in the trunk?

Either way, I've found it best on all cars we've used this on to run it around the back of the seat to the driver's lap on the left.

ddewhurst
05-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Jeff, I need to ask why people put the ice box in the trunk?:shrug: Generally up high & behind the axle.

JeffYoung
05-18-2011, 08:40 PM
On my car I'm far from 50/50 front rear weight balance.

I just saw the OP is in a Miata. I assume they can get to 50/50? If not, I'd put it in the trunk. If they can, then passenger floorboard -- centered and low.

rayray92ITA
05-18-2011, 09:07 PM
I am part of this install and want to clarify what my main question is. Where do we run the hoses to get them connected to the shirt. I obviously have no holes in my driver suit, so where is the best place to get the hoses out of my suit so I can connect them? Thought about a small slit in the pocket, but thought someone might have a better answer.:blink:

JeffYoung
05-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Most suits have two zippers in the front. Zip the top one all the way up, and then zip the bottom one all the way down, and then back up an inch or so -- just enough to get the hoses through.

Yes, it's kind of penis like but it works.

Mseiler
05-19-2011, 05:23 AM
Most suits have two zippers in the front. Zip the top one all the way up, and then zip the bottom one all the way down, and then back up an inch or so -- just enough to get the hoses through.

Yes, it's kind of penis like but it works.

That was one method we thought of but, we didn't know if the belts would interfere. We can try stuff in the garage but, as you know until you're on track you're never sure. It's mounted in the passenger seat area.

BTW, you're killin' me Smalls...:unsure:

mbuskuhl
05-19-2011, 07:30 AM
Thought about a small slit in the pocket,

That's what I did and it has worked great. The slit is where change would sit in the pocket.

Ron Earp
05-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Depends on where you need the weight. On my Z I put it in the passenger area toward the back.

I'd keep the line lengths as short as you can to reduce thermal losses.

I'll be using the thermoelectric DR COOL for my next IT build and I plan to make a mounting plate to hold the and attach the lines. So, short lines come from the cooler to two solid bulkhead fitting mounted in a plate. The shirt will plug into this connectors mounted to this plate. That way I always know where to plug them in, where to release them, and don't accidentally crush one of the connectors getting in and out of the car (did that already).