PDA

View Full Version : Cmp

Mark Gray
05-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Who is running the Double:eclipsee_steering: SARRC at CMP next weekend???

rayray92ITA
05-17-2011, 08:21 PM
I will. It will be my first Double SARRC, Double CCPS weekend.

cjb25hs
05-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Just saturday SARRC and CCPS for me. Gotta take 20 customers to the coca-cola 600:shrug:

Russ Myers
05-18-2011, 08:24 AM
If the Pintos body work is back together I'll be there. It'll be ugly, but it'll be there.

Russ

Chip42
05-18-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm trying to put together plans to come up and hang out / work tech. if anyone needs a hand, I'm the tall one with dark hair in the "trackspeed motorsports" shirt.

JeffYoung
05-18-2011, 09:00 AM
I am in. S is me, Harold Corbin (new RX7 for Hal!), Steve E., Chuck Hines, Kent Thompson and MIke Lacombe. I know both Parrishes are coming so that is 8, and then Mark and Chris makes 10.

If we get any other regulars/semi-regulars like Jeff M., Jay Miller, Mike Mackaman, etc. we should get to 15 cars.

cjb25hs
05-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Anybody doing the test day Friday? I will be there after lunch for a few sessions, figured new car and new track, rather shake it down on Friday than during first session out!

Mark Gray
05-18-2011, 07:58 PM
My engine is STILL IN THE MACHINE SHOP!!!:dead_horse:

With any luck I will get it back Friday and should be ready for next weekend!:happy204:

Tristan Smith
05-19-2011, 09:53 AM
I am registered but it is not looking good for me at this point. The new motor has a few issues that I need to sort out. So I am probably out til July Road Atlanta.

JeffYoung
05-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Man I am sorry to hear that. What's up with the motor?

Tristan Smith
05-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Jeff,
Not sure yet, but It won't idle and the timing is way off. I have been on the road pretty consistently for the last few weeks (one disaster after another) and when I did get some time off, I put in three solid days get everything back in the car. But when it wouldn't run, quite frankly, I was so tired of it all I took a few days off.

I'll go and deal with it this weekend and see what I can figure out.

Oh and the oil pan bolts all leak like a sieve on the passenger side. I mean like a puddle of oil under the car everytime that you turn it over. I have a crank scraper on it and I think the oil is loading up on the underside of the scrapper, migrating to the pan wall and pouring out through the bolts. I am going to see if I can find some o-rings to put on the bolts and see if that helps.

It's a "time" deal. I have one weekend to get everything done, and I doubt it is going to happen. I would still need to corner weigh it and check my alignment. Then there is prepping the truck and trailer. ugh.

Believe me, no one is more pissed than I am. I won't be going back to this engine builder. Pretty much killed off half of my season.

JeffYoung
05-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Really sorry to hear that.

We had problems with the Ishiwara-Johnson crank scrapers too. Spent a lot of time hacking on them to make them fit, and then the added complexity of TWO seals on the oil pan (one below and one above the scraper) was a pain.

Tristan Smith
05-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Hmmm, Interesting because I had no such issue with the one on the 240sx. It does appear that it is just leaking out around the bolts. Assuming that is the case, it should be a relatively straight forward fix.

But then again, they always appear that way...... :rolleyes:

JeffYoung
05-21-2011, 10:55 AM
I think with their less popular designs, they still have some work to do. Good folks though. Always responsive.

11 S cars signed up.....and it is a FAST field. Steve P., Steve E., Chuck, Kent Thompson, Hal Corbin, me, others.....should be a barn burner.