PDA

View Full Version : Pro IT Series (NE) - Round 2 at NJMP Thunderbolt

dtanthon
05-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Registration is open on www.DLBRacing.com (http://www.DLBRacing.com).

With NeSCCA National

Pro IT Series - Round 2
New Jersey Motorsports Park Thunderbolt
Millville, NJ

Qualifying and Race - June 5
Test day - June 3.

monsterbronco
05-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Do Pro IT events have a separate sanction number or do they run under that weekends sanction number?

Thanks

Terry Hanushek
05-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Wes

Do Pro IT events have a separate sanction number or do they run under that weekends sanction number?

Most Pro IT events are on a separate sanction. The Pro IT Series recommends separate sanctions but the actual decision is up to the host region.

Round 1 last weekend at Pocono was a separate sanction. Round 2 coming up at NJMP will be a separate sanction.

Terry

Robert Zecca
05-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Dear Competitors,
I would just like to remind you that Driving Impressions has a store located in the Thunderbolt paddock and will be open for this event from 8-6 every day. If you have any questions or need something ahead of time...just give me a buzz....1-800-275-4667.

Thanks
Bob Zecca
www.teamdi.com

Jeremy Billiel
05-20-2011, 10:47 AM
I can't remember are STL or STU cars allowed to run Pro IT or no? Looks like no according to the online rules.

Greg Amy
05-20-2011, 10:57 AM
I can't remember are STL or STU cars allowed to run Pro IT or no? Looks like no according to the online rules.
Get with the picture, Billiel:

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29097

See post #14.

dj10
05-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Does anyone know if electricty is available in the paddock at Thunderbolt?

Terry Hanushek
05-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Dan

Does anyone know if electricty is available in the paddock at Thunderbolt?

There is electricity available in the paddock - check with NJMP Security at the main gate to make arrangements for a hookup.

See ya at the races

Terry

Jeremy Billiel
05-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Get with the picture, Billiel:

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29097

See post #14.

I thought that was the case, but missed that post.

dj10
05-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Dan

There is electricity available in the paddock - check with NJMP Security at the main gate to make arrangements for a hookup.

See ya at the races

Terry

Thanks Terry!

tdw6974
05-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Who will be on site for tire Service??:eclipsee_steering:

tdw6974
05-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Thanks Terry!
Dan as I recall we needed adapter to get down to a standard plug. Seems like outlets are like 50 amp in box .

dj10
05-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Dan as I recall we needed adapter to get down to a standard plug. Seems like outlets are like 50 amp in box .

Thanks Tom! I have a 30 amp 3 prong plug on my trailer. Do they have adapters or do we have to get one down there somewhere? Is there a picture of the adapter we need?

dtanthon
05-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Support for this event...
Driving Impressions for all your safety equipment needs.
TreadZone - Joe Specht - 866-208-6551 - Toyos, Hankook, and a lot more
NorthEast - Smarty - 518-819-9238 - Hoosiers

As for power - I remember the boxes had 2 styles of plugs for the different amperage.

Get me your W9 if you want to get prize money. The link is on www.ProITSeries.com (http://www.ProITSeries.com). I will send checks after this event.

rsx858
05-31-2011, 02:31 PM
Nice looking field! should be a fantastic weekend

andrew240z
05-31-2011, 02:41 PM
DriveGear Racing has ITS E30 BMWs' available for rent should anyone need a ride.

drive-gear.com

ner88
05-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Heading down on Thursday, will we be able to get into the track Thursday afternoon?:shrug:

rsx858
05-31-2011, 11:28 PM
not sure if its for the test day only but it looks like there is a registration thursday 7pm-9pm

dtanthon
06-01-2011, 09:04 AM
SCCA gets the track at 7PM Thursday, that is the lease.

If the group using the track on Thursday vacates they usually let us in early but you never know.

Great field for Pro IT, should be a great race.

Terry Hanushek
06-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Pro IT Round 2 Results
New Jersey Motorsports Park - Thunderbolt

ITR

Ken Hubbard - 29 laps
Tom Smith - 28 laps
Val Heun - 28 laps

ITS

Jeff Henderson - 29 laps (overall winner)
Matt Rooke - 29 laps
John Hainsworth - 29 laps
Jim Slechta - 29 lap

ITA

Chris Humphrey - 28 laps
Christian Chandler - 28 laps
Robert Marx - 27 laps

ITB

Rob Foley - 27 laps
Steve Noake - 26 laps
Michael Tinis - 25 laps

ITC

None

SM

Yiannis Tsiounis - 29 laps
Derek Jones - 29 laps
Marc Cefalo - 29 laps
Nick Leverone - 29 laps

Fastest Lap: Jeff Henderson - 1:33.126 (new lap record)

Great weather - close, intense racing with some new faces on the podium

Terry

Terry Hanushek
06-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Meg Meyer's race report from NESCCA web site:

ProIT Round 2 Report

Round 2 of the 2011 ProIT season was run at the Jersey Devil National.

39 cars qualified, 38 started (1 DNS, 1 late entry chose to start from the back of the pack). Things started out quickly, with a great race (as always) shaping up between Rob Thiele, Rob Driscoll, Jeff Henderson, Matt Rooke, and John Hainsworth. Unfortunate problems had Rob Driscoll drop out after 5 laps, and Rob Thiele after 8.

The great racing continued throughout the race. Jeff Henderson and Matt Rooke were 1-2 for a long time (26 or 27 laps – until Matt started running out of fuel.) They stayed within 2 seconds, other than occasional gaps caused by traffic. 9 cars finished on the lead lap (29), and 14 more were only 1 lap down.

Matt held on for second by a mere 1.2 seconds over John Hainsworth.

Results by class were:

ITS – Jeff Henderson, Matt Rooke, John Hainsworth
SM – Yiannis Tsiounis, Derek Jones, Marc Cefalo (by .4?? seconds!)
ITR – Ken Hubbard, Tom Smith, Val Heun (in her first race in her new S2000!)
ITA – Chris Humphrey, Christian Chandler, Robert Marx
ITB – Rob Foley, Steven Noake, Michael Tinnis

Track Records: ITS 1:33.126 Jeff Hendersion, ITB 1:37.851 Michael Tinnis

Again, SJR would like to thank the ProIT series, and drivers for coming to race with us. They put on a great show! Also, ALL the workers – without whom no one could be racing, and NJMP for having great tracks, and helping us put on great races.

Meg Meyer
SJR Membership/Webmaster/Chief T&S

robits325is
06-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Meg Meyer's race report from NESCCA web site:

ProIT Round 2 Report

Round 2 of the 2011 ProIT season was run at the Jersey Devil National.

39 cars qualified, 38 started (1 DNS, 1 late entry chose to start from the back of the pack). Things started out quickly, with a great race (as always) shaping up between Rob Thiele, Rob Driscoll, Jeff Henderson, Matt Rooke, and John Hainsworth. Unfortunate problems had Rob Driscoll drop out after 5 laps, and Rob Thiele after 8.

Translation:
Unfortunate problems = getting punted

benspeed
06-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Here's a low resolution video of the Pro IT race. Some pretty good action - very fun track. I was plagued by mechanical issues. After quyalifying I was torquing the wheels and noticed cracks - all four of my 16 inch wheels had stress cracks so I had to buy new slicks and mount them on my 17' rain wheels.

Had a good run and got the lead handed to me (check the vid) got repassed and then started having vibrations which got progressively worse - left rear bearing was failing fast so I limped around to be sure I got more than half the race in for points and then pitted.

Jeff - you owe Rob a case of cold beer bro!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPucOvdCaxI

Watching the vid I think that going over the curb with the left rear, entering the octopus sequence probably punished that bearing and caused failure. Rob Thiele in the blue tiger stripe green BMW has a control arm bend and he's got a major tire rub causing smoke.

rthiele
06-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Congrats to the winners!!

Thanks Ben for the video. Sorry to hear about your wheel bearing, saw you where suddenly missing and wondered what happened.

I bent my lower right control arm and drove with a couple of degrees positive camber in the rear from the first lap (probably happened in the first left turn). Very funny feeling in the Jersey Devil when you suddenly look out of the side window because the rear wants to pass you onto the straight...
Had to grandma around until Jared could diagnose and I finally gave up. Bummer after the great qualifying, car felt super in every turn until the incident.

megmeyer
06-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Translation:
Unfortunate problems = getting punted

I didn't know any details, sorry! From the tower, it was a great race! (as it usually is)

Meg