PDA

View Full Version : 2011 I.T. Festival

Greg Amy
05-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Starting the ball running on this..I'm actually going to try and make this one to contest STL. Any prelim supps available?

Initial question: does Mid-Ohio allow dogs, on leash and picked-up-after, of course? If so, my wife may join me and we can make a longer trip out of it... - GA

jumbojimbo
05-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Mid-Ohio is strictly no pets. Although I have seen small dogs. Maybe if the dog is inside and no one "knows" about it they let it slide? Not something you want to take a chance on though.

There is a kennel just down the road, haven't used it, can't comment on it.

Greg Amy
05-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Ugh. That may very well affect whether or not my wife joins me, which may very well affect whether or not I attend...I can understand the basis for the policy, but it's unfortunate.

monsterbronco
05-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Is this policy going to remain the same now that they are under new ownership?

Racerlinn
05-06-2011, 03:35 PM
I would be surprised if it changes. The Supps for the May race weekend still say no pets.
I've see and and heard small dogs there before, but the usually involves an RV and some sneaking around to drain the pet periodically.

TAC
05-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Update on a few things for you guys. The reports I have are that Kevin Savoree has moved his family to Columbus while Kim Greene stays in Indy for now. Kevin will be coming to all weekend events over the summer to meet with the track customers. He will be getting their input on policies and how things run. All changes that may occur will happen after this season. So don't expect changes this year.

Now for the good news. In addition to the Sunoco Race Fuels Contingency detailed on another thread. Hoosier Tire Midwest will be supplying a contingency award package for 1st and 2nd place for all Improved Touring classes at the I.T.Fest. Details are still being worked out as far as how many tires and class size requirements. Thanks to Tim and Terry Gilvin for their continued support.

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Region SCCA
Race Chairman