PDA

View Full Version : In Need of SCCA Volunteer Pictures

gran racing
05-04-2011, 08:19 AM
I’m working to assemble information about volunteering opportunities in Club Racing and am getting closer to being complete, but am in need so some additional photos. Wondering if you might have some nice pictures of any of the below volunteering areas? Or if you’ll be attending a race in the next week or two and wouldn’t mind snapping a few photos? (My first race won’t be until Mid June and would love to make this section live in the next couple of weeks.)

The areas I specifically need are listed below but if you have any other nice pics related to volunteering, that would be great too. I’m hoping to get some of younger (20 – 30 year olds) volunteers in the mix as well.

Here’s what I’m looking for in particular:

Registrars
Grid Marshal
Course Marshal
Communications
Sound Control
Stewards
Thanks for the help!

Mazmarc63
05-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Dave,

Send me an email at marcdotedotdanaatcenturylink.com.

I have a few shots you may be able to use.

RacerBill
05-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Dave: Send me your email, or snail-mail. I've got bunches and would be glad to get them to you. CD would probably be best for the number of pics I got.

gran racing
05-04-2011, 03:40 PM
easiest place: [email protected] if via e-mail. Or I can send you my home address.

Thanks!!!

RacerBill
05-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Dave: Please send a snail-mail address so I can send you a CD full of pics.

EV
05-05-2011, 08:03 AM
What about us volunteer EV workers? I have some of those...

gran racing
05-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Oh, don't worry Bill. Kai (who drives an SSC car) snapped several photos from one of the recent WDR event at Summit a couple of weeks ago. Those are just the pictures that we don't have at this point.

Additional pics from other volunteer areas are also more than welcome. The page will have a rotating slideshow at the top of the page with various photos as well. You don't happen to wear an orange vest when working, do you? He has one with several workers together after a race.

Butch from the Atlanta region also gave permisison to use their volunteer video, which I'll have incorporated.

Hoof Hearted
05-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Dave,

I sent you a "mayday!" photo to: [email protected]

gran racing
05-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Ah, cool pic Brooke.

Hoof Hearted
05-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Ah, cool pic Brooke.

Thanks, hope it helps... ...I was "lucky" and got the impact shot that I'll share here soon.