PDA

View Full Version : Large difference in # of entries in Florida

titanium
04-24-2011, 03:37 PM
The Daytona Regional/Enduro (non-ECR) on May 7th & 8th has over 300 entries.
The following week, May 14th & 15 the Double SARRC at PBIR has 26 entries.
I know the new surface at Daytona offers the chance for drivers to set some new track records, but is that alone enough to account for the lack of drivers for a Double SARRC?:shrug:
There are NO Spec Miatas entered even.

Matt93SE
04-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Just throwing out suggestions here, but two races in two weekends? I'd pick one of them. If I had to pick between the two tracks, I'd pick Daytona, and I'd pick the event where everyone else was running.

Is there also another major event in the area that could be drawing entries? The last R/N at Eagle's Canyon for us only had like 65 entries, because all the fast cars were at the BFG Super Tour at Hallett.

DoubleXL240Z
04-24-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm with Matt on the 2 races in 2 consecutive weekends!! That and the fact that I would rather play golf than pay to race at PBIR!! Facilities are minimal to say the least, track is boring at best.
Just my 2 cents!!

Chip42
04-24-2011, 07:35 PM
there's also a double SARRC at roebling the weekend before daytona.... and what Chris said: PBIR is simply a lesser venue.

jdrago1
04-25-2011, 09:53 AM
The Daytona Regional/Enduro (non-ECR) on May 7th & 8th has over 300 entries.
The following week, May 14th & 15 the Double SARRC at PBIR has 26 entries.
I know the new surface at Daytona offers the chance for drivers to set some new track records, but is that alone enough to account for the lack of drivers for a Double SARRC?:shrug:
There are NO Spec Miatas entered even.

Daytona is a track that most all of us want to drive, we typically get one shot at it a year. PBIR, while I have not driven personally, many I have spoken to about the track would not rate it in their top ten. The entries are also typically more expensive than CFR events. That coupled with two weeks in a row are probably all contributing factors.

Jim