PDA

View Full Version : Tech changes since 2006?

Eric Parham
04-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Could anyone give me a short list of required tech/safety updates since 2006? I'm thinking of dusting off my old car and coming out for some fun. I'm sure it'll need new belts, but can anyone think of any other *required* updates that it might need? Thanks!

lateapex911
04-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Read the GCR, with special attention to door bar changes (right side now needs two), ("NASCAR" style gets you the freedom to gut the door, and NASCAR is defined, essentially, by the bar entering the door cavity).

Also read the seat rules carefully, and check your dates on everything.

Eric Parham
04-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks, I think you've hit on something. From memory (and I won't even see it again until 2 days before the race), it only has one right door bar in the plane of the door. But, it does have several right "doorbars" between the driver and the right door. Do those count?

Chip42
04-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks, I think you've hit on something. From memory (and I won't even see it again until 2 days before the race), it only has one right door bar in the plane of the door. But, it does have several right "doorbars" between the driver and the right door. Do those count?

they'd better be reallllllly close to the door opening for that argument to gain any traction. some do run "overlapping" door bars rather than a bisecting X, though.