PDA

View Full Version : fuel delivery

BILL
04-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Any suggestions on fuel delivery for a carbureted ITB mustang

Russ Myers
04-20-2011, 08:23 AM
My Pinto has an electric Facet style pump mounted in the trunk, but I am giong to try the Holley mechanical pump later this year. Works at 4.5 to 6.5 psi. 40 gallons per hour. 1/4"npt inlet and outlet. And when the car quits, (or crashes) the pump don't run no more.

Russ

BILL
04-20-2011, 06:45 PM
What would I use for fuel line & filter?

jimbbski
04-20-2011, 07:12 PM
5/16 steel tubing should be large enough but your can go to 3/8 if your anal.

I have used the tubing sold as brake line tubing in the correct size. You can bend it and you can buy fittings to connect two or more lengths of tube to each other. It's tough to bend up a single length of tubing to go from the fuel tank to the carb in one piece.

Russ Myers
04-21-2011, 10:17 AM
I ran 3/8" rubber fuel line through a length of metal electrical conduit tubing. Bent to shape and run through the interior of the car. It passes through th rear bulkhead and the firewall. This satisfies the it must be incased in metal part of the GCR.

Russ

jimbbski
04-21-2011, 10:34 AM
I ran 3/8" rubber fuel line through a length of metal electrical conduit tubing. Bent to shape and run through the interior of the car. It passes through th rear bulkhead and the firewall. This satisfies the it must be incased in metal part of the GCR.

Russ
I prefer to keep fuel lines outside of the car and as use as little rubber lines as possible; even it you incase it in a steel tube.

Russ Myers
04-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Why? It's cheap, light, well inside the roll cage, and NASCAR Cup cars do the same thing. At least, the Hendrick cars do. I do it for the same reason I keep my transponder, Fire bottle and me well inside the roll cage. Steel lines can split in an accident. Rubber line inside tube works on the same principle as a fuel cell. Takes a lot for the rubber fuel line to be ruptured.

Russ