PDA

View Full Version : Want to build a IT Prototype Sports Racer?? Better Yet Run NASA Enduro with it

xmann
04-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Yea, an ITR FWD assembly in the mid or a Big Chain Drive Bike Motor, Some FDW's make better mid drives than others. A new class has been approved in NASA-SE.com Enduro races, for a sports racer using a "Stock" fwd for the drive train.

The cars in this class use a 1 3/4" chassis cockpit centersection by, ConnerSR.com it's a single seat enclosed that can also meet SCCA ASR.

The only thing you don't have to do is bend tubes & figure out how small to make the Cockpit, it's tacked togeather and is the right size.

Drive it like you stole it , After you build it, Open Aerodynamics, spec shocks to control cost, 10 gal fuel cell, Road Racing seat with Containment and a HANS.

Still working on the rules, any input is welcome. Don't bother with any negitive, I've heard it all. :018: Thanks Craig, 407 619 6021

The Chain Drive will use Miata Suspension with a live drive Trapeeze the half shafts bolt to, 1 rear brake rotor if you want.

Knestis
04-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Went to the web site and I have a question. How does Product 1 differ from Products 2, 3, 4, and 5. ;)

In all seriousness, it's a great concept, replicating the good things that Spec Renault figured out 25 years ago around a better driveline, but it's easy to go off half-cocked on something like this.

K

betamotorsports
04-06-2011, 11:25 AM
What does a purpose built race car (Sports Racer) have to do with IT?

JohnRW
04-06-2011, 11:47 AM
What does a purpose built race car (Sports Racer) have to do with IT?

"Includes Tubing" ?

Lael Cleland
04-06-2011, 12:28 PM
I would say use mustangII front tubular suspension, $1200 for sub frame, rack, shocks, springs, rotors, arms and spindles....

Knestis
04-06-2011, 12:34 PM
I think the point is that an IT FWD driveline could be plugged into one of these critters.

K

Z3_GoCar
04-06-2011, 10:58 PM
I think the point is that an IT FWD driveline could be plugged into one of these critters.

K

Not quite, he wants to use a ITR (Integra Type R) drivetrain in a sports racer. Not that this has anything to do with an IT race car.

betamotorsports
04-07-2011, 11:36 AM
I would say use mustangII front tubular suspension, $1200 for sub frame, rack, shocks, springs, rotors, arms and spindles....

Check the bumpsteer/camber curve on the typical Mustang II setup. You'll change your mind.

alicewei
04-15-2011, 03:09 AM
Yea, an ITR FWD assembly in the mid or a Big Chain Drive Bike Motor, Some FDW's make better mid drives than others. A new class has been approved in