PDA

View Full Version : NHMS Rational online

ner88
04-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Registration is open for New England Region Club Racing's Season Opener:
the“Granite State” Rational Races - Concurrent National & Regional Races
April 29 - May 1 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Loudon, NH
Online Registration is now open at www.MotorsportReg.com (http://www.motorsportreg.com/)
Supps and paper entry forms at: http://www.ner.org/rr/event/20110430_nhms-national-regional ­

So, what’s a Rational or Concurrent National & Regional? Basically, National and Regional racers on track, racing together, with some special rules.
A simple example is Spec Miatas both regional and national drivers in the same race with each competing for either national or regional points. A driver in this class must declare (at registration) whether they are running for regional or national points, a driver may not compete for both in a race.

Race schedule will follow National rules.
All cars will display an N or R decal (NER will provide) on the back.
Qualifying results and race grid will be combined.
Race results will be posted for National and Regional finishes separately.

NER has done our best to keep most “regional only”(red) classes in separate run groups.

EP,FP,HP,GTL,STU, STL, SPU
FV,F5,CF,NCF, FST
SSB,SSC,T2,T3,SM
SRF
ITA, ITB, ITC, IT7, SM5
AS,GT1,2,3,T1,ST,STO, ITE. SPO
ITS, ITR, SSM, SM2
FA,FC,CFC,FE,FF,FM,FB,CSR,DSR,S2000

All drivers are welcome to “double dip”: “Double Dip” = one driver entered in more than one race group for the weekend. Drivers cannot double dip within the same race group. If double dipping in the National and the Regional, the higher entry fee is the first entry with the second fee at $175. Also, they can still double dip within the Regional or within the National.

Racers, this is a great way to start the 2011 season. Two, 20 minute plus qualifying sessions on Saturday and one longer race on Sunday. This event is for both regional and national drivers and all classes.

Please note: Phil’s Tire Service will be supporting Toyo tires at NHMS for this event. Please contact Phil @ www.philstireservice.com (http://www.philstireservice.com/) Order now and get them at the track!
Don’t forget, pre-season Tech, Saturday, April 9th http://www.ner.org/rr/event/20110409_pre-season-tech
:happy204:

Greg Amy
04-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Jerry, can you give a quick explanation of this new requirement...? As soon as I saw this I did not continue my registration process.
A withdrawal fee of $35 may be charged for withdrawal after the close of online registration.

Is payment required during the early entry process, or can we still pay by check at the track? If payment is not required on entry, how will you collect this fee? And, in order to avoid this fee, will there be an easy way to cancel entry prior to the event?

As best I can tell, it looks like the late fee is lower than the cancellation fee, so unless I'm 100% sure I'm going to be there (and who the hell really is) it makes no sense to early-enter an event...I'll probably just fill out the registration upon arrival. - GA

ner88
04-03-2011, 08:55 PM
We at NER do not have a cancellation fee and we always offer the pay at the track option. The new MotorsportReg system does allow for online payment should one choose. If you pay onling your credit card will be charged at that time. You then have two options should you not attend, a refund or letting your payment ride until you register for another NER event. MotorsportReg charges a fee for payment (as all credit card companys do) but they also have a refund fee as well, total fees 8.5%.
I registered using the pay at the track option, hopefully I can save enough money to race.:shrug:
I should also mention that MotorsportReg does have an option which allows regions to not charge your CC, until registration wants but this method requires everyone must pay online. Not something we would do!

Greg Amy
04-03-2011, 09:06 PM
MotorsportReg charges a fee for payment (as all credit card companys do) but they also have a refund fee as well, total fees 8.5%.
Jerry, if I pre-register and choose "pay at track" but do not make it, will the region incur a fee regardless? If so, how will we make amends on that?

In the past I've made a point of pre-registering for every event I even *think* I might attend, but if I can't make it I'd ensure to send an email or call the registrar and let them know in advance. If there are fees involved in both ends, it kinda sorta looks like it's better for everyone involved if I register at the track and pay with a check (I pay the additional late fee and the region keeps 100% of the money).

If this is all true, I'm really, really, really trying to figure out why we're paying this online company to do this when the "old" system seemed to be working ("if it ain't broke", and all that...) The idea of paying an online company 8.5% of all region revenue seems pretty goofy....

GA

ner88
04-03-2011, 09:31 PM
When you pay by credit card at the track you are there and attending, it's rare that someone cancels after entering, but it does happen.
MotorsportReg is a new system and overtime, once all the bugs a worked out, will provide us with a much better system that will make registration and Timing & Scoring much less complicated.

Greg Amy
04-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Ok, so I think I understand. I *can* pre-register and select pay at track by check, and if I do so I *can* call/email and cancel in advance with no fees/costs to the region. I'll take of that entry soon enough!

I encourage IT'er and SM'er (and others) to double-dip into STL (up to 2L displacement); you'll have a better chance than in STU (up to 3L and some over that)... note legal SM, SSM, SM2, SM5, and ITA and ITS RX-7s are all explicitly legal for Super Touring Light. If your car has 2L or less displacement, you're also legal for STL. If your IT-legal car has more than 2L displacement, you're expressly legal in STU.

GA

lawtonglenn
04-04-2011, 07:09 AM
... ITS RX-7s are all explicitly legal for Super Touring Light. If your car has 2L or less displacement, you're also legal for STL. If your IT-legal car has more than 2L displacement, you're expressly legal in STU.
GA

Greg/Jerry.... let me make sure I got this straight

I already registered to double dip like I did all last year ITS / STU

now I can choose STU or STL ?

and if I choose STU I can choose Regional or National ?

and to get NERRC STU points I must choose Regional ?

and aren't ALL legal IT cars still expressly legal in STU ?

:026:

dickita15
04-04-2011, 07:21 AM
That is right Glenn.
So Greg you figured it out, if there is any chance you will not make the event it is better to pay at the track.
By the way if you need to cancel you can do it yourself online. The system not only cancels your entry but also prompts an email thru the system automatically. I do not know if the system has some date when you can no longer do this.
Greg we moved to the new system because national is asking for better data reporting on entry information and the NE Div system was overdue for a kind of expensive upgrade any way. Actually good timing.

Greg Amy
04-04-2011, 08:13 AM
now I can choose STU or STL ?
There's nothing that I can see that keeps someone from double-dipping in two Regional classes for this event. Correct, Jerry? So Glenn, you can run ITS and then STU National, STU Regional, or STL Regional.

Personally, I'd encourage you to run STL Regional; not only would you be more competitive there, I'd like to see STL get the participation numbers to become National next year. I'll be running STL Regionals in the Acura Integra this year. *If* I run an Nationals this year (a big "if", as I have no plans to enter the Runoffs this year) it'll be in STU.

Also, do note that all fast STL laps this year are new track lap records... ;)

GA

ner88
04-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Greg is correct!

pukka
04-04-2011, 11:57 AM
If this is all true, I'm really, really, really trying to figure out why we're paying this online company to do this when the "old" system seemed to be working ("if it ain't broke", and all that...) The idea of paying an online company 8.5% of all region revenue seems pretty goofy....

Brian from MSR here, let me clarify how payments work so everyone is clear. To begin with, if you process credit cards, you're paying roughly 3% to the bank. It doesn't matter if you use us, paypal or your own merchant account, the all-in costs average out to somewhere around 3%. On MotorsportReg.com, each club chooses from one of the following options:

Not accept online payments (everyone mails a check/pays at the track)
Attendees may pay online with credit card/e-check
Attendees must pay online with credit card/e-check
Attendees must enter payment details like a hotel guaranty, but the club chooses if/when to charge it at a later date

We charge a fee of either 4.5% or 5% depending on the plan. There are no fees for registering online - only when an online payment is involved. As the official registration system of the SCCA, all regions receive a discount of 0.25%.

In the case of cancels/refunds, clubs have three options: write a refund check (no fee), enter a credit in MSR that the attendee can use towards a future event (no fee) or refund money back to the credit card or bank account (fee).

We have a fully free plan, which many of the NEDiv regions are using, so we support everyone from the tiny solo program on up to jumbo region club racing programs. Hope that helps explain how it all works!

raffaelli
04-05-2011, 01:43 PM
I reserved a garage on the north side of 7 if someone is interested in splitting it with me, drop me a note.