Registration is open on MotorsportReg.com

Joe DeLuca and Linda Gronlund Freedom Races
Never Forget!

SCCA - Northern New Jersey Region - Club Racing
Saturday May 7, 2011
Pocono Raceway, Long Pond, PA

benspeed
04-14-2011, 03:26 PM
I was talking to the race organizers and this sounds like a kick ass event! Trophies - potentially a lovely trophy model to handle out the hardware during the photo shoots on the podiums.

Some of the MARRS guys are going to show up for the Pro IT - comments like, "I will win cash???!!!" sounded pretty good.

I think the top drivers cleared around $2K by the end of last season.

The track is a blast if you like extremely high speed, deep braking and a (little) bump drafting. The whole aero part of the racing game is best played at Pocono.

I plan on whipping up on everybody with my 3.0 motor - hey, big cubes make great top speed! So I'm throwing down the smack - who's going to run up front???

ITR
Me!

ITS
Autotechnic
Flatout?

ITA
Andy - don't be a wuss. Lawton - you showing up? Shane? Klavana?

ITB
Bimmer 2002, VW, Honda? Volvo?
My money is on Rob Foley if we can get him hammered the night before :-)

SM
Nick
Vanvurst (SP?)

Let's hear some smack

CRallo
04-14-2011, 04:17 PM
see my responses in bold

I was talking to the race organizers and this sounds like a kick ass event! Trophies - potentially a lovely trophy model to handle out the hardware during the photo shoots on the podiums.

Some of the MARRS guys are going to show up for the Pro IT - comments like, "I will win cash???!!!" sounded pretty good.

I think the top drivers cleared around $2K by the end of last season.

The track is a blast if you like extremely high speed, deep braking and a (little) bump drafting. The whole aero part of the racing game is best played at Pocono.

I plan on whipping up on everybody with my 3.0 motor - hey, big cubes make great top speed! So I'm throwing down the smack - who's going to run up front???

ITR
Me! How is your relationship with karma there Ben?! :p

ITS
Autotechnic <---this, unless a certain Rx7 can draft for the win...
Flatout?

ITA
Andy - don't be a wuss. Lawton - you showing up? Shane? Klavana? Dunno if Andy will be fixed and he seems to be a two track pony anyways(are ya reading this Andy? :p I wannan see your new found hp at a big track! Show the nay sayers it can be done!) Shane is a one track pony, dunno what Tim's plans are... And aren't you forgetting someone? :p

ITB
My money is on Rob Foley if we can get him hammered the night before :-) (nice... lol My vote is on Gran if he shows... That 2.0 Kessler power is no joke son and Dave can sure wheel that thing!

SM
Nick
Vanvurst (SP?)

Let's hear some smack

Greg Amy
04-14-2011, 05:18 PM
I am confident that:

- Lawton will be there
- Bettencourt will not be there.

If I have a car built I'll be there that weekend, but you boys would probably not be happy if I entered Pro IT in an STL car (unless you let me skate by in ITR...) - GA

preparedcivic
04-14-2011, 09:58 PM
ITB
My money is on Rob Foley if we can get him hammered the night before :-)

Ben, you gonna give me a bump or a tow, like with a rope? My car even in new svelte May Fastrack Tech Bulletin trim 160lbs lighter, and hopefully with the 4.93 gear tranny in, is still gonna be a straight-line turd at the Tricky Triangle.

But, over the years on many a Sunday morning back in my Pro Solo autocross days I do drive faster hungover. :birra:

dtanthon
04-14-2011, 10:07 PM
Greg - Take a look at the Series Rules section 2.6......

JLawton
04-15-2011, 07:14 AM
I'll be there. I was only planning on running the regional but if no one else signs up for it I may switch to the Pro IT............. Did someone say "Trophy Girls"???

Greg Amy
04-15-2011, 08:09 AM
Greg - Take a look at the Series Rules section 2.6......
2.6 Subject to the approval of the Series Chief Steward, additional ‘IT-like” cars may run the series races while forfeiting series points and prize money. They will be in the “ITX” (eXhibition) class and must otherwise comply with all series requirements.
Hmmm...can I get a free tshirt in lieu of that prize money...? ;)

What do the viewing ITS/R competitors think of having a ~200whp FWD Integra in the field mixing it up with them...?

dtanthon
04-15-2011, 08:39 AM
This year you get a tee shirt. Well, everyone does. :)

Talk to Terry. The rest of the Pro IT drivers can chime in here about ITX.

benspeed
04-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Greg - that would be great to have you out there with ITR - I'm all for it! Looking forward to chopping your nose again :-) NHIS in 2003??? Turn 3 up the hill if memory serves??? Back when the egg was still ITS. (And I was called Banzai Ben)

benspeed
04-15-2011, 10:57 AM
see my responses in bold

Karma was a good one nighter but she's not always been kind...:o

I did forget to mention THE KID! who will step to the grid with AGRESSION. Lawton will have to fear it...:(

What about Crazy Joe? I still owe him a favor from the NJMP Thunder race....

JLawton
04-15-2011, 04:25 PM
(And I was called Banzai Ben)

We still do............

CRallo
04-15-2011, 05:27 PM
lol, its still too much fun to stir the pot though!

:D I'm not sure if I'll be there... depends on $$ thats okay though, especially at Pocono I would not expect to be much of a factor... I've only been there once and our engine is STOCK! Lawton might have to watch his mirrors by the end of the season though... :p

Karma was a good one nighter but she's not always been kind...:o

I did forget to mention THE KID! who will step to the grid with AGRESSION. Lawton will have to fear it...:(

What about Crazy Joe? I still owe him a favor from the NJMP Thunder race....

Terry Hanushek
04-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Greg / Darrell

Greg said:

2.6 Subject to the approval of the Series Chief Steward, additional ‘IT-like” cars may run the series races while forfeiting series points and prize money. They will be in the “ITX” (eXhibition) class and must otherwise comply with all series requirements.
Hmmm...can I get a free tshirt in lieu of that prize money...? ;)

What do the viewing ITS/R competitors think of having a ~200whp FWD Integra in the field mixing it up with them...?

Darrell replied:

Talk to Terry. The rest of the Pro IT drivers can chime in here about ITX.

We implemented the ITX class this year to accommodate cars that don't quite fit the current IT rules (e.g. Porsche 944 Turbo) and cars prepared to STU / STL specs. We had a couple of requests over the winter to add STU as a Pro IT class but decided not to do it since most cars currently running STU are IT / SM legal already. The ITX class is available to the few cars prepared to the STU rules. The same goes for the new STL class.

So Greg, your STL Integra would be an excellent fit in our ITX class. Come on out and play with us.

See ya at Pocono

Terry

lawtonglenn
04-15-2011, 10:40 PM

signed up this morning :)

unsigned up this evening :(

forgot to check the calendar....my daughter is returning that weekend from a semester in India :happy204:

hope everyone has a great time!

TreadZone
04-16-2011, 04:24 AM
I'll be there for tire support. Call to reserve tires.
Joe
TreadZone

Jeremy Billiel
04-17-2011, 12:03 PM
How many entries are there for this weekend?

tdw6974
04-17-2011, 06:20 PM
How many entries are there for this weekend?
Pro-it 33 Sat Regional 60 and 61 for Sunday Regional

Tkczecheredflag
04-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Czechered Flag is in for all of it.

anthony1k
04-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Greg / Darrell

We implemented the ITX class this year to accommodate cars that don't quite fit the current IT rules (e.g. Porsche 944 Turbo) and cars prepared to STU / STL specs. We had a couple of requests over the winter to add STU as a Pro IT class but decided not to do it since most cars currently running STU are IT / SM legal already. The ITX class is available to the few cars prepared to the STU rules. The same goes for the new STL class.

So Greg, your STL Integra would be an excellent fit in our ITX class. Come on out and play with us.

See ya at Pocono

Terry

I'm a little confused on this one. Since STU/STL cars are allowed to race, why not let them run for points/prize money in their respective classes like everyone else?

benspeed
04-18-2011, 10:16 PM
How will folks feel if I run a STU Real Time Acura and lap the field...

I'm having second thoughts on the ITX thing and making this like big or little bore where half the field gets a checkered flag. We've got six classes already and the racing is top notch...

Not much more of a stretch to add T123 also....then it's alphabet soup or Pro whatever...but that will pull more cars if that's the goal. Pro Touring maybe...but I like Pro IT

Greg Amy
04-19-2011, 07:12 AM
How will folks feel if I run a STU Real Time Acura and lap the field...I'm having second thoughts on the ITX thing and making this like big or little bore where half the field gets a checkered flag.
;)

That's why I asked what the ITR guys would think about it; I pretty much know the answer and Ben has stumbled on it. It's not that I'm concerned that as an ITX car I'd affect their race -- I think everyone realizes I, as a very experienced driver, wouldn't -- what I was trying to infer is what the ITR boys would think if they were no longer the fastest car(s) in the field, i.e., someone else got the overall win, especially a class that's not purely Improved Touring...

benspeed
04-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Greg - you are correct. I don't like the idea of some rocket ship showing up out of nowhere and leaving me in the dust.

Racing in Big Bore this weekend at Summit put it into perspective for me. I tried to get the ITR group moved to the IT group and run with ITS and ITB. No deal and the driver reps made a number of statements why and it sounded like they were very set about not changing - I acknowledged and supported that.

The race sucked. And part of it is because anything can show up in that group, the field gets totally strung out and well....whatever. Dan Jones will laugh at me - he said it would disappointing. That's the reason why I sold my GTA car and came back to IT. Big Bore is a hodge podge of whatever cars and there's hardly any racing on the track because everything is so different.

In IT you know what your racing against, the cars are similar and you can run close together even if you are in different classes. Let's face it - I race the ITS guys just as hard as I can. Heck, at LRP I'd be racing the ITA guys as hard as I can (when I see two cars out of my class racing I give room to let them race each other). There's rules that I believe everybody follows (I hope) and if you do well, you earned it.

Before you couldn't show up with a STU/STL rental and win with cubic dollars. Now you can...

If Pro IT ever becomes an exibition race for Pro series - I would be absolutely fighting against this ITX thing like you couldn't believe....

anthony1k
04-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Talking about :dead_horse:

Ben- Reading the rules, STL/STU are in now. So if you're going to fight it better do it soon. I hate to show up at a race only cause friction with fellow racers. I don't need it and I'm sure you don't need it too.

Having said that, if no points/prize money I doubt that I would race in it.

Jeremy Billiel
04-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Talking about :dead_horse:

Ben- Reading the rules, STL/STU are in now. So if you're going to fight it better do it soon. I hate to show up at a race only cause friction with fellow racers. I don't need it and I'm sure you don't need it too.

Having said that, if no points/prize money I doubt that I would race in it.

It's only Ben being a baby... No worries! :D

dj10
04-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Greg - you are correct. I don't like the idea of some rocket ship showing up out of nowhere and leaving me in the dust.

Racing in Big Bore this weekend at Summit put it into perspective for me. I tried to get the ITR group moved to the IT group and run with ITS and ITB. No deal and the driver reps made a number of statements why and it sounded like they were very set about not changing - I acknowledged and supported that.

The race sucked. And part of it is because anything can show up in that group, the field gets totally strung out and well....whatever. Dan Jones will laugh at me - he said it would disappointing. That's the reason why I sold my GTA car and came back to IT. Big Bore is a hodge podge of whatever cars and there's hardly any racing on the track because everything is so different.

In IT you know what your racing against, the cars are similar and you can run close together even if you are in different classes. Let's face it - I race the ITS guys just as hard as I can. Heck, at LRP I'd be racing the ITA guys as hard as I can (when I see two cars out of my class racing I give room to let them race each other). There's rules that I believe everybody follows (I hope) and if you do well, you earned it.

Before you couldn't show up with a STU/STL rental and win with cubic dollars. Now you can...

If Pro IT ever becomes an exibition race for Pro series - I would be absolutely fighting against this ITX thing like you couldn't believe....

Now now Ben, I would never laugh at you, maybe with you. I believe Ben has a valid point about ITX but I'm not I would disagree about STU if PROIT is to survive and needs a larger car count I would think STU could fit well. Who cares about being overall winner with a car with 35 to 65+ more hp than all the other car racing. If I get lapped so what as long as anyone in my class doesn't lap me. :)

I'm with Ben when it come to racing with Big Bore like this weekend @ Summit. I didn't like it although the GT1 leader helped me make a pass on a semi blocking AS that I thanked him for the help after the race. We have to look at what is good for the series. When I raced a Porsche Turbo Cup in ITE I was passing some people 70+ mph faster than them. I was told it made them nervous and I can see why. I'd like the series to stay all IT cars but a few STU's won't bother me as much as the slower groups.

StephenB
04-20-2011, 12:22 AM
So I do understand Bens side of this. I was running ITB in this series and won the championship one season and came runner up in the other season. I hated getting lapped and being so much slower than the ITR and ITS cars eventhough we had awesome racing, in fact we had a few races finishing side by side for first place. Both years the championship came down to the last race weekend. Honestly some of the best racing I have ever had. BUT the racer in me wanted to be racing for the overall win. The overall win gets the attention, the excitement, and the glory that I think makes some of us racers in the first place. I know this opinion will not be popular and that some may not agree with me but I bet that feeling is in you even if just a little bit.

I would say the biggest reason that STU and STL isn't allowed prize money and points is because they don't want to dilute the IT classes and encourage contenders to stop running in the IT classes for STL/STU. This was my interpretation of this decision.

I also would encourage the organizers to explore other opportunities if they need to "fill" the fields. I recomended a PROSM series that ran in conjuction with the PROIT. Do a split start and give it the same attention as the PROIT. I still think that would take off here in the North East.

Just adding my .02 :)
Ben I will see you in the PROITR later this year with my Grand-AM ST car!
Stephen

benspeed
04-21-2011, 08:45 AM
DAMN - now I really need to get a real STU car!

Jeremy - yo bro - you need to man up and show with a car!

Anthony - easy man - no friction - come out and play! I just stated my case. Plus you drive a Porsche! My spares are available if you need 'em - how more inviting can I be :-)

Looking forward to this event - should be a great group to race!

benspeed
04-27-2011, 10:08 AM
OK - I just got more dyno work done and a new exhaust to pick up another 7 hp, 5 tq. They tell me the car has a wicked sound now. Must have over 40 dyno pulls - Huge improvement in the torque curve. Can't wait to test out the top speed at Pocono!!!

StephenB
04-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Holy crap Ben! You should have just purchased a dyno :) !!! How much more HP and torque do you have over LY? You seem to have been very busy in the off season!

Good luck, try not to lap the entire field!
Stephen

tdw6974
04-29-2011, 01:51 PM
I just canceled/ released a room for May 6 & 7 at the Blakeslee Inn
Phone: 570-646-1100 . in case someone is looking for a place to stay. Tom Weaver

Greg Amy
04-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Yup, I'm out too; the engine won't be ready for next weekend.

So you...whenever.

tdw6974
04-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Yup, I'm out too; the engine won't be ready for next weekend.

So you...whenever.
We arer still in just one less room Assuming We can get the truck and Trailer out of the side yard! after Rain for last 20 Plus days

CRallo
04-29-2011, 09:15 PM
You guys have fun! I'll be working at NJMP...

dj10
05-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Can anyone tell me if there are electrical hookups in the paddock area other than the garages?

dtanthon
05-05-2011, 12:53 PM
No hookups. Just what is available by the garages.

dj10
05-05-2011, 02:57 PM
No hookups. Just what is available by the garages.

Thanks for the info.

benspeed
05-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Loaded and ready to roll tonight!

CRallo
05-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Loading up to hit NJMP with a couple of the cars at work... You guys have fun!

Greg Amy
05-07-2011, 06:51 PM
...and...?

Greg Amy
05-08-2011, 07:44 PM
You guys suck.

dj10
05-08-2011, 07:55 PM
If i were the New Jersey Region I'd be damanding 1/2 of my money back from the Pocono Raceway. The shape they left the track in was deplorable! I'm amazed there weren't more accidents caused by the pavement change from the infield onto the tunnel straight! Turn 1 was destroyed as a good racing turn. I want to ask them (Pocono Track) one question...WOULD NASCAR HAVE RACED ON THAT SURFACE??? I know what the answer would be, they why should we be made to accept this kind of BS!
The event & organizers were great, other than the track. It was nice to see a lot of the competitors I haven't seen for some time. My congrats goes to Ben for his win in the ProIT ITR & Rob in ITS. Ben made his Porsche mighty wide but did it cleanly. A $3.87 valve spring retainer broke on my car and I'm happy to report not other major damage other than a bent valve.
Thank God the people make the event not the track.
To New Jersey Region, Bob and the ProIT people, Thanks, I hope to see you at the next event.

benspeed
05-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Great weekend of racing at Pocono - the NNJR folks did a great job as did all the volunteers. I'm probably the only guy who really likes Pocono but I must agree with Dan, the condition of the track was really pretty poor. When we went out to qualify on Sat morning there was so much dirt on the surface cars were all over. An attempt at repaving was made for the transition at Devils Elbow and at the Chicane - these guys need to go back to paving school - mill that flat please! On my good video I can see Dan's rear tires airborn. I know my car was airborn a few times at the elbow.

Good clean racing, no bad crashes that I know of. The only bummer was half the ITR guys broke! Looked like a big field but it diminished fast.

Great to see some new cars out there - Ken Hubbard will be fast in his new ITR BMW - Ken, I still have that hex driver you loaned me.

The Pro IT race was wild - 20 minutes in there was a major downpour and by the end you couldn't see the cars at the end of the straight.

Thanks to Timing and Scoring and their patience with me getting my number straightened out.

Always a big shout out to Darrel, Terry and Bob who work so hard to make Pro IT the series to run!

Best IT time of the weekend was Jeff Henderson with a 1:48.6 (?) in his ITS BMW - nice!

I gotta make one request - please move that T1 apex cone in and let us run that turn in fourth!!! Somebody will go off but hey, that's racing. No track records coming anytime soon with that apex...

Fantastic start to the season!

tdw6974
05-09-2011, 07:56 PM
You guys suck.
Oops I don't have results with me. All I know is we had a great weekend Ran all Pro-it events outings and our double regional Group.. I think it was more track time than we got all last Year!! So it was good for us I eagerly await the printed results. We had working wipers which at about 27 minutes in the Group experienced a "Weather Event" consisting of rain, Hail and a Hint of snow came in handy to say the least. Lots of debris on track no jet dryer just a tractor with a bromme and very low speed blower. Now attention all group 5 drivers!! We will be accepting contributions to repair our spoiler as Bill was sucessfull in clearing the apex Tire that had been punted in the turn 1 line. Carls Edward's spoiler supports(last years Sprint cup parts) kept it on the car instead of being deposited on track. The other good thing was it did not damage our car. :026: I was not sure how the weekend would go when were east Bound on NY 17 and Blew a trailer Tire:(. Had a spare put that on and found 2 new tires in next town and got back on the Road with only about 2 hrs behind schedule. :eclipsee_steering:

dj10
05-09-2011, 08:55 PM
An attempt at repaving was made for the transition at Devils Elbow and at the Chicane - these guys need to go back to paving school - mill that flat please! On my good video I can see Dan's rear tires airborn. I know my car was airborn a few times at the elbow.

I'm glad it wasn't just me and I wasn't having a bad dream. Ben I'd like to see that clip if you would share it. If i was informed about the track I would have put my baja 500 suspension on! I'm glad I only signed up for one race. I would check your suspension very well before you take the car out again, something could be bent.:)

lateapex911
05-09-2011, 09:52 PM
I gotta make one request - please move that T1 apex cone in and let us run that turn in fourth!!! Somebody will go off but hey, that's racing. No track records coming anytime soon with that apex...

Fantastic start to the season!

Can you explain? Post a picture?? (Sounds like I'm REALLY glad I have sworn off pocono....)

Terry Hanushek
05-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Pro IT Round 1 Results
Pocono International Raceway

ITR

Ben Phillps - 24 laps
Robert Thiele - 24 laps
Ken Hubbard - 23 laps

ITS

Rob Driscoll - 24 laps (overall winner)
Jeff Henderson - 24 laps
Matt Rooke - 24 laps

ITA

Christian Chandler - 22 laps
Doug Case - 21 laps

ITB

Rob Foley - 21 laps
Steve Noake - 21 laps

ITC

none

SM

Marc Cefalo - 23 laps
Ron Jesberger - 23 laps
Robert Karl Jr - 23 laps

Fast lap - Jeff Henderson

The race started in dry, overcast conditions with the last 16-18 minutes in the rain

Terry

JLawton
05-10-2011, 07:03 AM
. Now attention all group 5 drivers!! We will be accepting contributions to repair our spoiler as Bill was sucessfull in clearing the apex Tire that had been punted in the turn 1 line. Carls Edward's spoiler supports(last years Sprint cup parts) kept it on the car instead of being deposited on track. The other good thing was it did not damage our car. :026:

We were wondering who did that. Because it was a low tire I figured someone would go up on top of it and get airborn. Glad everything was OK with the car but it did make turn one all the more interesting with it RIGHT ON THE RACING LINE!! LOL

preparedcivic
05-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Well, this was my first time driving at Pocono, and about the only good thing I can say about the place is it’s close enough at an hour away to be able to commute to and sleep in my own bed.

Yes, the traffic calming yumps sure were interesting anytime one transitioned on and off the oval. I know I was catching air at Devil’s Elbow, along with big-time metal-to-metal in the LF corner as the car came down hard twice, once when it would bottom on the crest and the other when it would bottom again on the way down. I’m amazed my LF outer CV is still intact; every session the knuckle and inside of the wheel was coated with grease that had spewed from the boot vent hole. Can’t imagine why……..

The chicane beyond edge of pavement was a mine field. Once it started raining during the Pro IT race, it became slicker than snot, no surprise considering the fresh oily pavement, mud, running water, and recently cured SAFER Barrier concrete foundation. About the T1 Apex marker, a white tire with 3 cones on top is a novel idea, but it never made though any of the sessions I was out there, and for a few laps it got punted a solid 15’ right into the middle of the bestest of the bad lines one had to take through there. And finding it in the rain made for a nice eye exam too. I was running the thinnest of thin tread Ho-Ho’s on the back of an 86” wheelbase CRX. That made for several interesting experiences once it got wet.

Still, I survived and picked up the ITB win in the Pro IT race, definitely not on outright speed. The Regional races for me were meh; apparently all the Pocono beating and banging made the bitch pin fall out of the shift linkage on my first real lap during qualifying. That meant hasty lunchtime bandaids, with big thanks to Tim Mullen and his bucket of bolts, to get out for the Pro IT, but left me starting DFL for the first two Regional races. For race 3, I was gridded 4th in ITB and mid-pack in Group 5, but the Pocono pounding caused an intermittent injector harness short that meant 3 cylinders for a good part of laps 2-3-4. There was some attrition in the class, so I ended up 3rd at the end.

My home region, NNJR, did a great job under all the circumstances with the track.

Robert Zecca
05-10-2011, 02:22 PM
On behalf of the NNJR board I would like to thank all who attended this event and supported our region. I know the track was in bad shape and many drivers were upset by this. We have a board meeting tonight and I am sure we will be addressing this. I am sure that this will be the last time that NNJR will run at Pocono unless things change for the future.

This event was in honor of Joe and Linda and we try to keep them in our memories and hearts........Lets see what we can do for the future!

Thanks to all and especially the workers!

Sincerely,
Bob Zecca

Robert Zecca
05-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Anybody have a email or phone # for Dick......Thanks!

Greg Amy
05-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Dick Patullo? PM'd. - GA

benspeed
05-10-2011, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=Robert Zecca;321758] I am sure that this will be the last time that NNJR will run at Pocono unless things change for the future.

Say it ain't so! I like this track - just needs some willingness by track management to get it prepared better.

dj10
05-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Say it ain't so! I like this track - just needs some willingness by track management to get it prepared better.[/QUOTE]

I like it too Ben but it's obvious that Pocono Raceway Management could care less if SCCA race's there or not by the condition they left the track. If you have video of me with my rear wheels off the track at the tunnel turn that should tell you something.

See ya in Jorsey!

lateapex911
05-10-2011, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=Robert Zecca;321758] I am sure that this will be the last time that NNJR will run at Pocono unless things change for the future.

Say it ain't so! I like this track - just needs some willingness by track management to get it prepared better.

Don't hold your breath. They 'accept' Clubs and take the money, but it's obvious in the 15 years I've been going there, that they have little interest in extending more then the minimum effort ....

The roadcourse portion of the track blows...always has. Even if it was in decent shape it would still be lame....and they have a ways to go before it's decent. IMO, of course. ;)

Fred Fox
05-10-2011, 08:57 PM
The only bummer was half the ITR guys broke! Looked like a big field but it diminished fast.

Clutch started slipping after only a few laps of qualifying! Why couldn't it do that in the last laps of the last race last year?! I could have easily changed it out over the winter. Oh well, time to get it changed before NJMP.

JLawton
05-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Yeah, I don't want to lose Pocono. I love it.

dtanthon
05-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Just remember Round 5 will be at Pocono on August 13 & 14. There will be 2 NASCAR car events at Pocono between now and then. I'm sure we will have a much cleaner playground to play on.

See you all at NJMP in June.

Get me you W9 if I don't have your information. My Mazda is almost back running so I'll use the non-claimed prize money for beer and tires if you don't get me your information.

There was some great racing at Pocono, looks like 2011 will be a great year for Pro IT! More news to follow soon.

dj10
05-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Clutch started slipping after only a few laps of qualifying! Why couldn't it do that in the last laps of the last race last year?! I could have easily changed it out over the winter. Oh well, time to get it changed before NJMP.

I was wondering what happened Fred. I'm also sorry i didn't get to say hello to you, I didn't know where you were paddocked.
Your clutch and my valve spring retainer...gheez, what a way to start a series. Lets try and touch base in Jorsey.

StephenB
05-11-2011, 11:58 AM
It looks like lots of ITR participation in the TeamDI Pro-IT series! How many, and what type of cars showed up? IT sounds like the class is going to be pretty strong for participation here in the North East!

Stephen

Terry Hanushek
05-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Stephen

It looks like lots of ITR participation in the TeamDI Pro-IT series! How many, and what type of cars showed up? IT sounds like the class is going to be pretty strong for participation here in the North East!

ITR has been a very strong class for Pro IT - without immediate access to Darrell's records I am guessing that we have averaged 6-8 cars over the past two years with tight, competitive racing. At Pocono last weekend, we had seven entries - Ben's Porsche and six BMWs. Unfortunately, we had some attrition in a normally reliable class. :shrug: I'm sure that the BMWs will step up to chase Ben around Thunderbolt next month. It would be great to see a Mazda in that mix.

See ya at the races

Terry

Jeremy Billiel
05-11-2011, 01:36 PM
ITR really is shaping up nicely in New England. ITS and ITA are dying unfortunately...

mossaidis
05-11-2011, 03:22 PM
ITR really is shaping up nicely in New England. ITS and ITA are dying unfortunately...

Well, I hope not. My hope is that ITA/S numbers will rise once NARRC goes to a ... more... "cleaner" track.

Jeremy Billiel
05-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Well, I hope not. My hope is that ITA/S numbers will rise once NARRC goes to a ... more... "cleaner" track.

ITA still has car counts, but seems very hit or miss on who shows up a given weekend. ITS is all but dead.

lawtonglenn
05-11-2011, 07:48 PM
....hmmmm...Jeremy...don't confuse you with the facts?

car counts from two weekends ago Rational at NHMS

2 ITR
6 ITS
13 ITA

lawtonglenn
05-11-2011, 08:08 PM

in fact Jeremy, here are the ITS car counts from this first
NERRC race of 2011, and the 13 ITS races I did in 2010

Track Date = ITS Count
NHMS 5/1/2011 = 6
LRP 10/2/2010 = 11
NHMS 9/12/2010 = 7
NHMS 9/12/2010 = 7
NHMS 9/11/2010 = 8
NHMS 8/22/2010 = 6
NHMS 8/21/2010 = 6
NHMS 7/11/2010 = 6
NHMS 7/11/2010 = 6
NHMS 7/10/2010 = 7
NHMS 6/6/2010 = 6
NHMS 6/5/2010 = 6
NHMS 5/2/2010 = 6
NHMS 4/10/2010 = 8

now realize, I too miss the days when we had 12 or 15 ITS cars
in each race, but your "all but dead" comment is dead wrong.
I expect a retraction.

Jeremy Billiel
05-11-2011, 08:57 PM
....hmmmm...Jeremy...don't confuse you with the facts?

car counts from two weekends ago Rational at NHMS

2 ITR
6 ITS
13 ITA

Glen - I apoligize if I offended you! When I said ITS is all but dead I was referring to depth and quality of the ITS field. The Rational is one small sample size.

dtanthon
05-11-2011, 09:16 PM
At Pocono we had the following depth and quality for ITS. If my car was ready I too would have entered lowering the quality a little. These are some of the best ITS cars and drivers in the SCCA.

Pro IT
Rob Driscoll
Jeff Henderson
Matt Rooke
John Hainsworth
William J. Weaver
Donald A. Yeske

Regional
Rob Driscoll
Jeff Henderson
Matt Rooke
Darrel Stein
Joe Stadelmann
Steve Himmelsbach
William J. Weaver
Donald A. Yeske
Louis Devillers
John Hainsworth
Raymond Blethen III

CRallo
05-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Not the first time this week Jeremy has stuck his foot in his mouth... Sorry Jer, just talking actual facts here :p

He is just sour and out of touch cuz he hasn't been racing, don't mind him. *ducks*

Greg Amy
05-11-2011, 10:03 PM
When Chris Rallo, of all people, is giving someone grief for not racing, you know that's something...

mossaidis
05-11-2011, 11:03 PM
When Chris Rallo, of all people, is giving someone grief for not racing, you know that's something...

The truth and nothing... but... the truth.

Jeremy Billiel
05-12-2011, 06:57 AM
:D

JLawton
05-12-2011, 07:00 AM
I started IT racing in 2003 (I think) and the counts rise and fall in the different classes. Things will come around.

lawtonglenn
05-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Glen - I apoligize if I offended you! When I said ITS is all but dead I was referring to depth and quality of the ITS field. The Rational is one small sample size.

that is a half-assed and disingenuous response

"I apologize, I had my numbers wrong" ...would have worked

"Ooops, I was mistaken" ...would have been fine

"I was referring to depth and quality" ...is truly offensive, both to me and to all the other ITS competitors

you should be ashamed of yourself

Jeremy Billiel
05-12-2011, 07:15 AM
that is a half-assed and disingenuous response

"I apologize, I had my numbers wrong" ...would have worked

"Ooops, I was mistaken" ...would have been fine

"I was referring to depth and quality" ...is truly offensive, both to me and to all the other ITS competitors

you should be ashamed of yourself

Geez Glenn! This is not an attack on anyone. You, Henderson and a bunch of others are clearly very fast and good drivers. If you go back to my original comment I was stating the ITR seems like its shaping up nicely as people drop out of their old class and go to ITR.

Don't read into my ITA and ITS comments are knocks on any driver or region. Just saying that the good old days of really good 15-20 ITS cars every weekend is no longer here. That's all... :shrug:

dickita15
05-12-2011, 08:03 AM
2010 Narrc series, number of drivers who scored points:
ITR 15
ITS 19
ITA 44
ITB 31
ITC 9

StephenB
05-12-2011, 09:05 AM
2010 Narrc series, number of drivers who scored points:
ITR 15
ITS 19
ITA 44
ITB 31
ITC 9

Sadly with 31 drivers all scoring points in ITB and not one champion in the end.
BUT it looks like they made a better set of points rules for this year!

Stephen
2010 NARRC Points Leader :)

dtanthon
05-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Pro-IT Sanction 11-R-1482-S

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=653957

Terry Hanushek
05-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Results for Pro IT Round 1 and the Joe DeLuca and Linda Gronlund Freedom Races on the NESCCA site

http://www.nescca.com/nescca_main/crr11resultspoc.pdf

T

Fred Fox
05-13-2011, 06:31 AM
I was wondering what happened Fred. I'm also sorry i didn't get to say hello to you, I didn't know where you were paddocked.
Your clutch and my valve spring retainer...gheez, what a way to start a series. Lets try and touch base in Jorsey.

Hey Dan, sorry to hear about your engine. I look forward to seeing you at NJMP.