PDA

View Full Version : Motorsport Reg

robits325is
03-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Has anyone tried to use MotorsportReg yet? Two options to pay - Credit Card or Online Check/Bank Draft - no more pay at the track option?

CRallo
03-28-2011, 12:09 PM
That would be obnoxious :/

FV90
03-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Being an event organizer it is one of those options we are considering but it is almost a no win situation some people wnat it but it cost us 5% so do we add 5% to the entry? Some people want us to remain pay as you show up (like me). We use motorsports reg but we are having a time trying to decide either way.

dtanthon
03-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Rob - assuming you are talking about Pocono since we are the first in NE to have registration open.

We just have to check that option. First time using this system.
Expect cash option to be there with the credit card and check option shortly.

Let me know if anything else needs attention.

robits325is
03-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Rob - assuming you are talking about Pocono since we are the first in NE to have registration open.

We just have to check that option. First time using this system.
Expect cash option to be there with the credit card and check option shortly.

Let me know if anything else needs attention.

Thanks!!

monsterbronco
03-29-2011, 08:58 AM
anyone want to share some video of the configuration? this will be my first time running Pocono.

thanks
Wes

CRallo
03-29-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm sure there is some stuff on you tube and/or vimeo... If you can find his vimeo, Lawton proly has one posted.

Butch Kummer
03-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Being an event organizer it is one of those options we are considering but it is almost a no win situation some people wnat it but it cost us 5% so do we add 5% to the entry? Some people want us to remain pay as you show up (like me). We use motorsports reg but we are having a time trying to decide either way.

Some regions here in SEDiv disable the credit card option for MSR and only allow you to pay by mailing in a check or either cash or check at the window. We (Atlanta Region) continue to allow the credit card option because we think some people won't come unless they can put the entry fee on their credit card (which we don't charge until after the event). We DO allow people to pay at the window (which I do) which eliminates the 4.5% fee for using the credit card.

dtanthon
03-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Wes,
Go on YouTube and look for
"Pocono Raceway SCCA TeamDI Pro IT Race Onboard May 9, 2009"

pukka
03-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Some regions here in SEDiv disable the credit card option for MSR and only allow you to pay by mailing in a check or either cash or check at the window.

Clubs using MSR have four options: they can elect to not accept online payment, make online payments optional, mandatory or deferred (where we collect and verify account information but the organizer doesn't charge it until later - like Atlanta does). We try to offer the full range of options so that each club can decide what works best for their particular area and members.

We're excited to be helping the NEDiv regions transition this year. We're sure there will be some questions from the drivers since they've been using the NESCCA system for so long and that's why we have full-time customer support. Call or email us and we'll help get your sorted and off to the fun part. :eclipsee_steering:

Brian (from MotorsportReg)

gran racing
03-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Is there any way to sort for events by track? I didn't see it if there is.

monsterbronco
03-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Thanks Darrell I will look it up!

pukka
03-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Is there any way to sort for events by track? I didn't see it if there is.

At the moment no, but you can search the calendar by distance from a zip which can have a similar result. Punch in the zip of the track you're interested in and limit it to 60 miles; you will probably wind up with what you're looking for. We have an update for calendar search coming in the not too distant future.

raffaelli
04-12-2011, 09:39 AM
If I register now and pay at the track, do I get the discounted fee?

Greg Amy
04-12-2011, 09:42 AM
According to the people I've spoken to, "yes".

raffaelli
04-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Just confirmed with the registrar. - answer is yes.