PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Racer, & Author

ajmr2
03-23-2011, 09:05 AM
This is an article which was written in the Annapolis Gazzette. Chuck serves on the DC Region as Asst RE, is a member of the WDCR PDX committee, is the classroom instructor of our PDX program, is a fellow SCCA club racer, and is a physics professor at the US Naval Academy. He recently published a book called "Fast Car Physics" which is available on Amazon.

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/news/top/2011/03/22-30/Shifting-gears.html

erlrich
03-23-2011, 11:04 AM
This is an article which was written in the Annapolis Gazzette. Chuck serves on the DC Region as Asst RE, is a member of the WDCR PDX committee, is the classroom instructor of our PDX program, is a fellow SCCA club racer, and is a physics professor at the US Naval Academy. He recently published a book called "Fast Car Physics" which is available on Amazon.

One correction AJ; you left out "a true gentleman and helluva nice guy" in his bio. Of course, now that he's famous he might have to get a bigger helmet :D

...and I guess asking him to autograph my copy of his book is out of the question now...

ajmr2
03-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Hey Earl. No question about that part. Just trying to be brief, and yes, he will autograph his book for you if you can get by his security detail. I hope he remembers his friends! :023:

See you at MARRS 1?

AJ 1.0

erlrich
03-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Hey Earl. No question about that part. Just trying to be brief, and yes, he will autograph his book for you if you can get by his security detail. I hope he remembers his friends! :023:

See you at MARRS 1?

AJ 1.0

I guess I could just wait until he does the signing tour...wonder how much it's gonna cost now...

I will probably be in the pits for MARRS 1, as I haven't touched the car since October (other than to run the engine every once in a while). I'm hoping to make the VIR races my first events this year.

ajmr2
04-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Professor Edmondson's book got a nice writeup in the May issue of Grassroots Motorsports. There's also an article about an old racing buddy of mine, Chris Mitchum, who has formed the Mitchum Motorsports team with his dad. They competed in the 24 Hours of Daytona and Grand Am. Great to see friends going for it.

http://www.mitchum.ms/