PDA

View Full Version : I have a bad feeling, but...

ZDX
03-22-2011, 10:52 AM
I hope my ZDX can participate in STU/STO because I went through the GCR, and basically pieced info together to equal "Crossovers might be eligible for this. Considering hatches are legal, basically crossovers are like oversized wagons, and wagons are hatches with 2 extra doors. So, Crossover = Wagon = Hatch...?"

any clarification would be great. If I'm wrong, well, then maybe buying those O.Z. Allegerita HLTs were a bad idea...

CRallo
03-22-2011, 11:49 AM
My same answer from the other thread applies here too, Def the getting on track part and I don't think auto trans's are any more legal in STL/U...

joeg
03-22-2011, 11:58 AM
I think some local oval tracks have minivan racing.

They can be fun. Unfortunately, not on a road course.

lawtonglenn
03-22-2011, 01:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W78xqQCqeGo&feature=related

dhardison
03-22-2011, 01:36 PM
^^ LOL :happy204:

There's no "piecing info together" from the GCR. If it isn't explicitly stated that it IS allowed, then it's NOT allowed. In most cases that I've seen SUVs/vans/crossovers aren't even allowed to participate PDXs/HDPEs.

How are you defining "racing"? Wheel-to-wheel (club racing), track days (PDX/HDPE), auto-cross or other?

ZDX
03-22-2011, 02:13 PM
club racing. I'll find a way to get this worked out, though. If I can't race a ZDX, I'll ditch that idea and go with a different SUV.

mossaidis
03-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Is it not too early for April fools jokes? Try the CRZ first...

JIgou
03-22-2011, 02:21 PM
I'll sell you a Cadillac SRX with a Northstar V8.

ZDX
03-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Is it not too early for April fools jokes? Try the CRZ first...

speaking of jokes...

no CRZ. never. hideous, plus it's a HYBRID. no hybrids. that's like suggesting a PRIUS to someone trying to buy a cool car. the CRZ is as pretty as the PRIUS is badass.

I'm either going with the V70R or a V50. the V50 had a short life span, so I might give it a chance at greatness.

--EDIT--

I'll sell you a Cadillac SRX with a Northstar V8.

how much?

Simon T.
03-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Honestly WHY do you want to race a ZDX so bad? lol Is that just the car you have so you want to build it? I don't get it? Why not make it a rally toy?

As for the CRZ, it's a fun ride, try one, it's nothing like a Prius and hybrids are cool when done right, such as the CRZ, or specifically the 918. lol

ZDX
03-23-2011, 10:21 AM
look, you've played some of the racing games there are, right? there are SUVs and trucks in there. I just wanted to race a ZDX because I'm the most comfortable in one, I only use the flappy-paddle in it(never full auto, only semi-auto,lol), and I drive it like all Acuras should be driven: fast.

Simon T.
03-23-2011, 10:42 AM
look, you've played some of the racing games there are, right? there are SUVs and trucks in there. I just wanted to race a ZDX because I'm the most comfortable in one, I only use the flappy-paddle in it(never full auto, only semi-auto,lol), and I drive it like all Acuras should be driven: fast.

How's VTEC in that thing? Does it light up the tires?

EV
03-23-2011, 11:18 AM
It would appear that ZDX isn't listening...

Chip42
03-23-2011, 02:34 PM
credit where it's due: at least he spells well and uses correcy punctuation. usually the nutty "I wanna run a truck" types are pretty obviously kids or retards.

Lael Cleland
03-25-2011, 03:28 PM
I have a 98 V70 XC for sale(wife doesn't know yet) needs a side gear, or a manual trans would be cool.. But I don't think they made an AWD manual??? Never even thought of putting it on the track, I hate that car! It handles like a school bus and rides like one too...Id rather race an 03 Euro Van weekender...

lawtonglenn
03-26-2011, 10:26 AM

Lael Cleland
03-27-2011, 04:07 PM
LOL!
Seriously, those are the best tow vehicle for race cars around 2000lbs....

Greg Amy
03-30-2011, 09:38 AM
Spotted at the Nurburgring this past weekend....

Tom Donnelly
03-30-2011, 04:41 PM
club racing. I'll find a way to get this worked out, though. If I can't race a ZDX, I'll ditch that idea and go with a different SUV.

I am sure that there is no class that will let you run an SUV. And I sure wouldn't want to be on the track the same time as an SUV.

And no automatics.

Gary L
03-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Several years ago, I was attending a track day and one of the entrants approached the track manager about running his Cayenne. The guy was an experienced racer, so the manager put it to a vote in one of the drivers' meetings - to allow the Cayenne in the experienced run group, or not? The vote was overwhelmingly in favor of letting it in.

He made about 6 or 7 laps and parked it. :o

Matt93SE
03-31-2011, 09:58 AM
I've seen Cayennes run at TWS several times during DEs. They were usually pretty quick. The big issue is driver there. They have to realize what they've got and drive accordingly.
I was also at a Ford SVT event and they had about 10 F150 Lightnings running. OMG some of them were fast. OMG some of them were farm trucks.

Probably the scariest one I've seen is a Jeep Cherokee SRT-8 at Sebring. the sucker passed me in a corner.. on street tires. I was on R888s. He was probably 15 sec a lap faster than me, but most of that was sheer power on the straights. holy crap was that guy fast!

Lael Cleland
03-31-2011, 01:31 PM
I was past by a Ford Lightning on the track once, Even with it lowered I could see the drive shaft and exaust!Its wheels were taller than my hood!! Spooky....

Mrsideways
04-27-2011, 05:19 PM
I've seen Cayennes run at TWS several times during DEs. They were usually pretty quick. The big issue is driver there. They have to realize what they've got and drive accordingly.
I was also at a Ford SVT event and they had about 10 F150 Lightnings running. OMG some of them were fast. OMG some of them were farm trucks.

Probably the scariest one I've seen is a Jeep Cherokee SRT-8 at Sebring. the sucker passed me in a corner.. on street tires. I was on R888s. He was probably 15 sec a lap faster than me, but most of that was sheer power on the straights. holy crap was that guy fast!

I taught a school in my silverado at sebring on the short course. melted the centercaps off the wheels. Also had an interesting visit with the dealer who couldn't understand my brake wear at 33k miles. If I remember correctly it did lap faster then the ITB car.