PDA

View Full Version : Buck Muse

Mark Gray
03-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Who is going to The Buck Muse @ CMP???:eclipsee_steering:

Are we going to have a grid full of ITS Racers???:happy204:

JeffYoung
03-02-2011, 10:30 PM
In. Ron should be too. Steve P. is already signed up. Can't imagine CMP without Steve E. Might have a new ITS racer (260z) as well -- Ed Palombo.

I imagine we get 9 to 10 cars.

JeffYoung
03-02-2011, 10:59 PM
5 of us signed up already....should be a good turnout...

pballance
03-02-2011, 11:37 PM
I would really like to be there but it won't happen this time. I will be on my way back from Rome on the 26th. You guys have fun.

Paul

JimW337
03-03-2011, 08:30 AM
When looking at the registration for Buck Muse Memorial race on the MotorsportReg.com site, I don't see where you can register for both SARRC and CCPS on both Sat and Sunday.

Can anyone explain how to register for all 4 races?

Ron Earp
03-03-2011, 09:50 AM
I'll definitely be there. Love me some CMP.

JeffYoung
03-03-2011, 10:07 AM
I noticed it the first time we went there. You actually race other cars at CMP rather than just do parade laps.

Strange, but I think it is my favorite place that we go.

Russ Myers
03-03-2011, 10:15 AM
With the fuel cell problems sorted out, the Pinto will make it's southeast racing debut at Kershaw. My first race in 2 or 3 years, I can't quite remember which.

Russ

SPiFF
03-03-2011, 10:44 AM
I'll definitely be there. Love me some CMP.

You are weird. :D

I'll be there if the motor is ready in time.

seckerich
03-03-2011, 12:19 PM
New car will not be done in time. Spending too much time on a dozer building the new shop.:D On the fence but might give T-Dub one last ride before it gets stripped. Also have a new motor and exhaust to test.

Charles Perry
03-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Killing me not to be there, still looking for a front clip........and many other parts! But actually getting close to a couple so work should start shortly.

nhallman
03-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Can anyone explain how to register for all 4 races?

I just spoke to our registrar; it was an oversight on my part when I sent her the prices. Double SARRC/Double CCPS entry is $715 and there should be an option up on the registration page shortly.

Thanks!

--Nick

Bryan88
03-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Hey what is the link to registration ?????

If the car is running right I'll be there as well....

Bryan88

tyler raatz
03-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Blake and I will be there in our Civic, Blake in ITA, myself in STL. Both of us have cars under construction, so why not race our Rental car until the new rides are finished.

Cobrar05
03-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Hey fellas.

I am free that weekend. Some of you may know I am a professional photographer that does a lot of track stuff.

I shoot complete race packages for drivers when I am at the track. 30-40 pics on a disc delivered at the track. I do a max of 30 cars.

If I can get 10 commitments, I'll come out the CMP. I usually charge $50 a disc. I'll give you guys a group rate of $40.

Let me know.

Rob

cjb25hs
03-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Im out, as the new ITS guy in the area, I am still working on the long list of moving/ house repairs and such..... At least I got the car in the garage. Probably wont make it out till May:( at CMP

JimW337
03-04-2011, 08:28 AM
I just spoke to our registrar; it was an oversight on my part when I sent her the prices. Double SARRC/Double CCPS entry is $715 and there should be an option up on the registration page shortly.

Thanks!

--Nick

Thanks, I emailed Betsy too and she said it would be fixed some time today (Friday).

Motorsportreg.com event page is..

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/11D783EF-E5D6-804B-46D4761F344BD383

I'm pretty sure my SA2000 helmet is still good for this year, can anyone from Tech confirm that?

seckerich
03-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Thanks, I emailed Betsy too and she said it would be fixed some time today (Friday).

Motorsportreg.com event page is..

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/11D783EF-E5D6-804B-46D4761F344BD383

I'm pretty sure my SA2000 helmet is still good for this year, can anyone from Tech confirm that?
You are good through this year with your SA2000 helmet because the SA2010 spec came out late. Confirmed in Fastrack so you are good to go.

JeffYoung
03-04-2011, 01:37 PM
8 now signed up, and that is without Mssrs. Eckerich, B. Parrish and Ferency.

Get your junk together boys and get on down to the cultural metroplex that is Kershaw, SC!

JeffYoung
03-04-2011, 05:55 PM
You haven't missed a CMP event....ever...I have a feeling you'll be there. Wouldn't be the same without you guys.

New car will not be done in time. Spending too much time on a dozer building the new shop.:D On the fence but might give T-Dub one last ride before it gets stripped. Also have a new motor and exhaust to test.

Hotshoe
03-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Who is going to The Buck Muse @ CMP???:eclipsee_steering:
I'll be there.
Only one car this time:(
Just can't seem to get my mill for the Miata:dead_horse:

JeffYoung
03-06-2011, 09:36 PM
It's a sign...it means "SM is evil...run IT......"......lol......

Mark Gray
03-09-2011, 04:31 PM
We have 10 signed up with 2 weeks to go...
Looks like ITS will be a good field!

Still not sure whether I will be debuting the new car (1989 325IS in BMW Motorsports Colors) or the "old reliable and very tired" Black 1987
325IS. There have been soooooooooo many challenges building the new car!Blown head gaskets on the new head...found when installing the windage tray, Strut bar that didnt fit, Subframe bolts that stripped when tightened, etc...etc...

BUT I WILL BE THERE!!!

JeffYoung
03-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Looking forward to it. Hope to see everyone there.....

We have 10 signed up with 2 weeks to go...
Looks like ITS will be a good field!

Still not sure whether I will be debuting the new car (1989 325IS in BMW Motorsports Colors) or the "old reliable and very tired" Black 1987 325IS. There have been soooooooooo many challenges building the new car!Blown head gaskets on the new head...found when installing the windage tray, Strut bar that didnt fit, Subframe bolts that stripped when tightened, etc...etc...

BUT I WILL BE THERE!!!

cjb25hs
03-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Any ITS guys looking for a hand on Saturday? I have not been tro any races down here since moving to SC and I will not be bring my 'S' car out until later this year. Too many house projects to finish first.:dead_horse:

I live in Fort Mill, so its only about a 45minute drive. Let me know.

Thanks!

Russ Myers
03-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Where are all of the ITB guys. This ain't looking good for my return to IT racing when hardly anybody shows up. The debut of the Pinto scare y'all that bad.

Russ

JeffYoung
03-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Sure, we'd love some help (TR8 and 260z). Come on down. Let me know your full name and I'll put you on the crew list.

Russ, big ITB field at VIR this weekend (8 cars I think? A trio of golfs, a Civic, a CRX, a 200sx, a couple of rabbits). Not sure why so small at CMP.

timo944
03-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Well it looks like I may have resolved my mysterious lifter noise problem. Assuming I can get gaskets and a little time I will be there to represent Germany (car) and the UK (me) in ITS for Saturday only. I've signed up, so let's see where things go from there...

Russ Myers
03-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Still only 2 ITB cars???

Russ

Aged racer
03-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Two weekends in a row with the ITB Protege, VIR & the Road Atlanta ECR. Hafta pass on CMP this time around, but we'll play later this year, Russ.

Steve

JeffYoung
03-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Cool Tim. Look forward to seeing you there.

Good ITS field. 10 cars. An E30, a couple of Z cars, some RX7s, the TR8 and a 944. Pretty good mix.

If that Eckerich character and the guy with the Type ARRRRGH Jr. would get their shit together we'd have a great field...lol....

timo944
03-24-2011, 01:30 PM
And as quick as I'm in - I'm out.

Got a bent valve :(

Ron Earp
03-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Heard from Mr. Young on the CMP ITS race.

Chuck Hines
Jeff Young
Steve Parrish
Ron Munnerlyn

Rain race and Mr. Hines was reported to be unbeatable under braking, which he usually is anyway, but in the rain even more so. Ron M was running a Spec 30 in ITS as his normal ride wasn't ready. Qualifying was in the dry and Mr. Parrish had that by a pretty good margin, 1.5 seconds or more, with a 1:48:xx. Sounded like a lot of fun, congrats to Chuck on the win and to the rest for keeping the shiny sides up. Looking like a rain race tomorrow too.

I blew a freeze plug out of my motor and toasted it. Retired back to the house for family points. Frustrating.

Marcus Miller
03-26-2011, 11:04 PM
Was the new exhaust going well while it ran???

sorry- and that sucks. Sorry about the motor.

seckerich
03-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Updates and stories from the weekend?????

JeffYoung
03-28-2011, 01:10 PM
That was one cold wet weekend. I remember looking at the weather forecast 7 days ago it claiming it would be 65 degrees and sunny both days. My ass!

I had a roll off/roll on weekend. First time I think NOT working on the car at CMP. Nothing, other than removing some wires that were fouling the windshield wipers. Protest me bitches!

Saturday qual was dry. Mr. Parrish was fast. I had a sub 1:50 lap going and threw it away at 14...went from 1.1 seconds on the T-mate faster than my best to even. Yay.

Skies opened. Steve P. was on old wets and it showed. Me and Chuck got around the ITR BMW (Derek K.) and Steve pretty quickly. I had nothing for Chuck in the wet. He and Ricky checked out. Finish was Rick, Chuck, me.

BUT - that's my first rain race on Hoosier wets which are AWESOME.....the hymen is broken. I actually had a lot of fun, even though the windshield wipers quit working 3-4 laps in (fouled on said wire). Very British experience.

Saturday night was a cold freaking night in the paddock but Mr.Parrish cooked up some awesome brats and we sat around and had a good time.

Sunday qual was damp and I did a nice impression of a top down in turn 1 - full 360 for the audience. Behold, the People's Racer. Qual was Rick at 2:00, Chuck 2:01, me 2:02.

Race started and the three of us squirted away. Chuck pulled out 5-6 seconds but I reeled him back in, and then spent 3-4 seconds in the carousel trying to find 3rd gear.....nice.....reeled him back in again, and same thing, although this time, the ITR BMW got back around me.

Last 3-4 laps I closed up on Chuck pretty good, was maybe 300-400 yards away from him at the entrance to turn 12 on what turned out to be the last lap.....and no brakes going into 12...one set of pads for the weekend at CMP had exceeded their useful life. And I missed 3rd gear again.

ITR BMW got along side of me and that put to bed any hope of catching Chuck. I got crossed up exiting 14 and the BMW dragged me to the line for 3rd overall.

All in all a good weekend. TR8 has mucho potential at CMP that I did not exploit.

Best story of the weekend was Ron Munnerlyn in a rental ITS E30 ending up on the driver's door off of turn 8 with about 10 laps to go in the CCPS and not being able to exit the car....(well, funny only because he didn't get hurt).

Mr. Eckerich, get that Uber-RX7 together and down to CMP on Memorial Day....

Parrish57
03-28-2011, 01:22 PM
I guess the number one story of the weekend was the weather. What a beautiful day on Friday. Too bad the rest of the weekend was so raw... Saturday morning was cool but dry. Qualifying was great track conditions! Ricky T led the way with a 1:48.7 in his black Z3 ITR. I busted off a 1:49.3 to lead ITS. Next was Derek Ketchie in an ITR e46 at 1:50.0. Chuck Hines was second in ITS 1:50.8 followed close by Jeff Young 1:50.9.... Ron Earp and Bryan Parrish both had mechanical gremlins and both put the cars on the trailer... Ron Munnerlyn ran ITS in a beamer

The race was a very different story. It rained hard right before the race and light rain fell throughout. I got a good start but braked way too early for turn one (I wish we'd started on the back straight). Chuck and Jeff got right up on me. Derek got sideways leaving Rickey to race with the ITS guys. My rain tires were old so those guys got around me before turn 8. We kinda spread out and that was the way we finished. Considering, it was a very clean race.....

Sunday morning was still wet and cold. The radar looked like it would rain all day so I loaded up and went home to build a fire! Turns out it was dry by race time so a bad choice on my part. I had a chance for the top spot but wimped out on the weather....

Someone else can chime in on the Sunday action....

Updates and stories from the weekend?????

Russ Myers
03-28-2011, 01:25 PM
In ITB, the lone car was a Pinto. So since nobody but me decided to show up, I raced with the EP cars. 1st in ITB or 2nd in EP. Yes, I spun out at turn one on the pace lap Sunday, but it was damp, I was on dry tires, and it was my first weekend in a rear driver in YEARS. Adrian Hilliard was the lone ITC car in his Honda.

Russ

seckerich
03-28-2011, 01:50 PM
I guess the number one story of the weekend was the weather. What a beautiful day on Friday. Too bad the rest of the weekend was so raw... Saturday morning was cool but dry. Qualifying was great track conditions! Ricky T led the way with a 1:48.7 in his black Z3 ITR. I busted off a 1:49.3 to lead ITS. Next was Derek Ketchie in an ITR e46 at 1:50.0. Chuck Hines was second in ITS 1:50.8 followed close by Jeff Young 1:50.9.... Ron Earp and Bryan Parrish both had mechanical gremlins and both put the cars on the trailer... Ron Munnerlyn ran ITS in a beamer

The race was a very different story. It rained hard right before the race and light rain fell throughout. I got a good start but braked way too early for turn one (I wish we'd started on the back straight). Chuck and Jeff got right up on me. Derek got sideways leaving Rickey to race with the ITS guys. My rain tires were old so those guys got around me before turn 8. We kinda spread out and that was the way we finished. Considering, it was a very clean race.....

Sunday morning was still wet and cold. The radar looked like it would rain all day so I loaded up and went home to build a fire! Turns out it was dry by race time so a bad choice on my part. I had a chance for the top spot but wimped out on the weather....

Someone else can chime in on the Sunday action....

Give me a call and we can see what we can do to get Brian fixed up. I tried what I could on the phone with Ralph but have to be there to do more. I think you just need to load up and bring the car up to Asheville and lets see what sensor is screwing it up. I owe you.:023:

JeffYoung
03-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Mr. Parrish, it was good racing on Sunday. Hate that you missed it, it would have been a 3 car dogfight for the win.....

Congrats to Chuck on two clean fast drives. Nice weekend for him.

Parrish57
03-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Steve... Thanks! Bryan will be calling you to see what can be done about his car...

Jeff... I screwed up leaving too soon. Totally misread the radar. I was REALLY happy with the way my car was working on a dry track. Just not so good in the wet... I hope you can make Roebling.....

Hotshoe
03-29-2011, 05:38 PM
My first rain race on Hoosier wets which are AWESOME.....the hymen is broken. I actually had a lot of fun.
Saturday night was a cold freaking night in the paddock but Mr.Parrish cooked up some awesome brats and we sat around and had a good time.
All in all a good weekend. TR8 has mucho potential at CMP that I did not exploit.

Jeff,

...Knowing how hard you have worked on that TR8 it is good to hear the exuberance in your voice at the track. Your steed did you well this past weekend.

Steve,
.... Thanks for the Brats on Saturday night... The conversation, and camaraderie, is always welcome and enjoyed.

Chuck,
..... Man, what a great time. Close racing out on track and no contact, even in the wet. You are definitely the" King of the Late Brakers" . You kept me honest both days especially on Saturday..... I thought you had me a couple times.... What a blast:023:

Mark Gray
03-29-2011, 10:08 PM
My weekend was not a very fast one... I ran back of the pack with the ITA & IT7 cars both days. I thought I had the engine problems behind me with the machine work and new head gasket last week as did the guys at Balanced Performance. But she overheated in lap 12 Saturday so I nursed it to the finish and again in lap 10 Sunday and had to give up early. Compression in the cooling system and intermitant oil burning.
So the engine comes out and goes to the machine shop for block inspection and complete rebuild...

Jeff: You kicked had that Triumph up a couple of notches this weekend!

Ron: I am feeling your pain man!

Inspite of the weather we had some good racing and I think everyone loaded up on the trailers intact. You guys who left early missed the best track conditions Sunday Afternoon!

Hope to see you all at RRR next month!

JeffYoung
03-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Really enjoyed the weekend. Enough so that I'm going to make a big push to get to Roebling.

My weekend was not a very fast one... I ran back of the pack with the ITA & IT7 cars both days. I thought I had the engine problems behind me with the machine work and new head gasket last week as did the guys at Balanced Performance. But she overheated in lap 12 Saturday so I nursed it to the finish and again in lap 10 Sunday and had to give up early. Compression in the cooling system and intermitant oil burning.
So the engine comes out and goes to the machine shop for block inspection and complete rebuild...

Jeff: You kicked had that Triumph up a couple of notches this weekend!

Ron: I am feeling your pain man!

Inspite of the weather we had some good racing and I think everyone loaded up on the trailers intact. You guys who left early missed the best track conditions Sunday Afternoon!

Hope to see you all at RRR next month!

SPiFF
03-30-2011, 09:00 PM
You better be at the SARRC/MARRS!!!

JeffYoung
03-31-2011, 09:46 AM
Unless there is firey death at Roebling, I plan on it.