PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: World Challenge Cars on VTS Sheets

Greg Amy
02-09-2011, 10:32 AM
A reminder to anyone wishing to compete in an World Challenge car in STU, using the Feb Fastrack VTS allowance. Note the allowance states as follows:

World Challenge Touring cars, with a VTS sheet dated 2009 or earlier, are eligible for classification in STU under the following criteria:

Cars will be approved on a case-by-case basis with supporting World Challenge VTS documentation
Competitors must have the VTS sheet, as approved, available for scrutineers when requested.
Weight will be set at the greater of the World Challenge weight plus 5% or the STU rules weight plus 5%.
Cars approved to run in accordance with their World Challenge VTS must adhere to those specifications and are not permitted to adopt general STU specifications.

Note: World Challenge VTS cars are subject to adjustments (i.e., weight, restrictor) as necessary.I bolded the above part to bring to your attention that you must submit a request to the STAC/CRB for review and approval, and that request must be accompanied by the appropriate World Challenge VTS sheet and appropriate year Appendix A. World Challenge is beginning to delete old VTS sheets and Appendix A from their web site. While I snagged copies of Appendix A from 2006-2009, I did not snag all copies of all VTS sheets. It is the competitor's responsibility to ensure SCCA has that data on file in advance of your providing your vehicle for competition...

Any questions? Ask.

GA

CRallo
02-09-2011, 12:37 PM
No horse in the race but, not STO? So only smaLl WC cars?

Greg Amy
02-09-2011, 12:45 PM
No horse in the race but, not STO? So only smaLl WC cars?
Note the Fastrack WC allowance is only for Touring cars going into STU.

Whereas there are no specific restrictions to what cars can enter STL and STU, STO has a list of approved vehicles and is already actively-managed and -approved with the weights set based on engine output.

GA

srt4racing
02-14-2011, 11:30 PM
so where does it give the 'proper ' request path in the GCR, why would not all cars with VTS sheets be able to run, just should be required to have a copy of the sheet with you.

thx

Greg Amy
02-15-2011, 09:39 AM
http://www.crbscca.com/

You can't just show up at the track with a VTS because the rule in Fastrack referenced above state you have to specifically request allowance.

If you want to have that rule changed, you can use the above link to request that, too.

Rabbit07
02-15-2011, 12:33 PM
so where does it give the 'proper ' request path in the GCR, why would not all cars with VTS sheets be able to run, just should be required to have a copy of the sheet with you.

thx

wwwcrbscca.com

I have already submitted the SRT-4 with WC VTS

srt4racing
02-15-2011, 11:44 PM
if i am sounding like a 'whinner' let me know, just dont like having the hoops to jump thru on something that should be sooooo simple...

Matt93SE
02-16-2011, 10:35 AM
you're not alone on that one.

Greg Amy
02-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Hey, we can always revert back to the January 2011 GCR...that one was pretty clear cut...

Juuuust kiddin'. ;)

Matt93SE
02-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Hey, we can always revert back to the January 2011 GCR...that one was pretty clear cut...

Juuuust kiddin'. ;)

How about we make the way back machine do some work and go back about 85 revisions to the '09 rules... :D

Greg Amy
02-16-2011, 02:45 PM
How about we make the way back machine do some work and go back about 85 revisions to the '09 rules... :D
Touche!

Chip42
02-16-2011, 08:01 PM
what is the logic behind the individual VTS approval? is it to make sure a forgotten uber car doesn't show up unexpectedly?

Greg Amy
02-16-2011, 08:21 PM
what is the logic behind the individual VTS approval? is it to make sure a forgotten uber car doesn't show up unexpectedly?
Correct, and to specifically list the allowed weight in a table to make technical inspection easier and less confusing. Plus, ii also ensures we have the appropriate VTS sheet on file.

srt4racing
02-17-2011, 07:54 AM
Well, then the rule should be that you have the sheet with you, i know it sounds so simple. errr. wasnt the original intent of the class FOR OLD W/C cars a place to run, or did i hit the wrong button in the 'way back machine' ;)

Greg Amy
02-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Well, then the rule should be that you have the sheet with you, i know it sounds so simple. errr.
True but...who's to verify that what you present at Tech is accurate? What's to keep you from simply making your own with the specs that you want...? "Trust but verify..."

wasnt the original intent of the class FOR OLD W/C cars a place to run, or did i hit the wrong button in the 'way back machine' ;)Originally, yes. It's a long convoluted story (in SCCA? NO WAY!) but the short (incomplete) answer is that SCCA Pro has the on-site team to actively manage such a beast, but Club doesn't. Club's turnaround for things is 6 mos, and its ability to keep up with changes in Pro rules is non-existent. Now toss into the mix the massive changes in World Challenge last year...It was easier in the long run to create a set of rules that mimic the WC ruleset and deal with outliers... - GA

JohnW
02-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Done.

This is a good move by the STAC. :023:

Everyone needs to have these on file to have any sort of policing.

Both Hondaworks VTS sheets sent today. Request 4215 and 4216.

Thanks for the reminder, Greg.