PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Pro IT Series Schedule (NE)

dtanthon
02-07-2011, 06:48 PM
We closed on round 5 last night.

Round 1
May 7, 2011
Pocono Raceway Long Pond PA
with Double NJRRS and NARRC races (qual, triple race)
Pro IT qual and race on Saturday Only

Round 2
June 4-5, 2011
NJMP (Thunderbolt) Millville NJ
with National Races

Round 3
June 25-26, 2011
NJMP (Lightning) Millville NJ
with double NJRRS regional races

Round 4
July 23-24, 2011
Watkins Glen Watins Glen NY
with double NARRC races

Round 5
August 13-14, 2011
with Double National Races

Round 6
October 9, 2011
Watkins Glen Watins Glen NY
Last Chance regional
Pro IT qual and race on on Sunday Only

benspeed
02-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Schedule is looking awesomE!!!!!

tdw6974
02-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Looks good!!!

lateapex911
02-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Pocono, NJ, NJ, Glen, Pocono, Glen.
I note a distinct lack of anything east of the Hudson. By design?

dtanthon
02-09-2011, 09:41 AM

We asked the regions holding events at NHMS and LRP in they wanted Pro IT at any events, to take from www.ProITSeries.com (http://www.ProITSeries.com)

"Lime Rock Park and the regions that race there were unable to agree on a race date that would fit into the Northeast Division National schedule so there will be no SCCA National at Lime Rock in 2011. The schedules for the remaining SCCA dates at Lime Rock (two one day regionals and the NARRC Runoffs) are not compatible with our series. The New England Region has converted their traditional New Hampshire National to a combined Regional-National (Rational) event and the expanded schedule has insufficient time for a Pro IT race. We will miss these tracks this year but hopefully be able to return in 2012. "

We will see how the 2012 schedule looks and see where the series fits.

Terry Hanushek
02-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Jake

We were very disappointed that we could not arrange a Lime Rock race this year after three very successful events. Part of the delay in finalizing the 2011 schedule was caused by our seeking LRP alternatives outside of SCCA Club Racing. We are very hopeful of returning in 2012.

See ya at the Pro IT

Terry

M5rokit
02-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Has any major effort been applied to attending Summit Point? If I'm not mistaken it is the next closest venue after WGI. Personall I prefer the "classic" tracks unlike Pocono/NHIS. Lotta track time this year! Budget? What budget!

dtanthon
02-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Has any major effort been applied to attending Summit Point? If I'm not mistaken it is the next closest venue after WGI. Personall I prefer the "classic" tracks unlike Pocono/NHIS. Lotta track time this year! Budget? What budget!

Yes, we approached WDC and Pro IT did not fit into their 2011 racing plans. We are very hopeful of returning in 2012.

dickita15
02-15-2011, 07:18 PM
The schedules for the remaining SCCA dates at Lime Rock (two one day regionals and the NARRC Runoffs) are not compatible with our series.

Not that it affects the Pro IT problem at Lime Rock, the July Mo Hud LRP is a one day but the NER June LRP is qualifying on Friday and two races on Saturday just like last year. There is also a one run group closed wheel school on the Friday.

dtanthon
03-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Round 1
May 7, 2011
Pro IT qual and race on Saturday Only
with Double NJRRS and double NARRC races (Sat qual, Sat PM race, Sun AM race, Sun PM race)

The paperwork is submitted to SCCA, just waiting on the sanction numbers.
Registration will be on MotorsportReg.com so feel free to set up your account.
Reserved numbers, have you requested or reservd your number for 2011?
Check www.ProITSeries.com (http://www.ProITSeries.com) for the latest rules.