PDA

View Full Version : The Gentlemen's Club

RacerBill
01-29-2011, 11:51 AM
I don't know if this thread belongs here or under rules and regulations..... I just finished reading Pete Hylton's book 'The Gentlemen's Club' which is a history of the SCCA from the very beginning of the organization. I found it very informative and enlightening. If you really want to learn about the thought processes that went into the running of SCCA, where we started, how we progressed, and where we are today, you should read this book.

Eagle7
01-29-2011, 08:12 PM
I thought Bert Levy already covered that pretty well :D:happy204::eclipsee_steering:

RacerBill
01-30-2011, 12:12 AM
I thought Bert Levy already covered that pretty well :D:happy204::eclipsee_steering:

Burt did a great job! With his tongue in his cheek! Having gone to college in Manhattan, and joining SCCA in 1966, most of Burt's characters were still around and I met quite a lot of them!

Pete's book goes into the actual purposes why the club came into existance and how it evolved. Both books are great for getting rid of the mid-winter blues.

How have you been, Marty?

Eagle7
01-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Doing well. Too busy at work. Trying to figure out this year's race schedule. I'm pretty miffed at my region scheduling our only local regional one week prior to IT-Fest. Not too much going on with the race car, but the DD has parts strewn all over the shop. Transmission goes back together today.

downingracing
01-30-2011, 11:37 AM
This thread didn't go where I thought it was going..... :blink:

RacerBill
01-30-2011, 09:29 PM
This thread didn't go where I thought it was going..... :blink:

Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

mossaidis
01-31-2011, 01:47 PM
For those interesting in purchasing the book...

BEWARE Site navigating is a little... sub-standard AND there email contact address does NOT work
<[email protected]> so... don't bother with the site:

http://www.motorsportsracinglegacies.com/Gentlemen_s_Club.html

Ok, where can I find a place to buy this book from?!?!?!

betamotorsports
01-31-2011, 08:55 PM
Silly name for a book about cars. Must be a British thing. :D