PDA

View Full Version : Anybody hear about tire contingency 2011?

Dano77
01-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Who Knows any thing about tire contingency for this season?

Matt93SE
01-28-2011, 10:52 AM
What car, what class?
There are many contingencies that are class dependent, even on tires.
I'm not sure if IT will get much, if anything in contingency.

tnord
01-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Kumho has kept something in place for regionals the last couple years, and i'm very thankful for it.

Hoosier usually does too, but that's dependent on your regional distributor.

ITA_honda
01-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Kumho has kept something in place for regionals the last couple years, and i'm very thankful for it.

Hoosier usually does too, but that's dependent on your regional distributor.

Kumho will not have a contingency program for 2011.
This is sad because I kinda depended on finishing good to get good contingency and always had new tires coming in.
Its a sign of the times though.:(

Greg Amy
01-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Call Smarty, see if Hoosier East will still offer contingency for Regional races.

tnord
01-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Kumho will not have a contingency program for 2011.
This is sad because I kinda depended on finishing good to get good contingency and always had new tires coming in.
Its a sign of the times though.:(

do you know this to be true for sure? we've heard this in the past. if it's true i'll be on something else this year.

ITA_honda
01-28-2011, 11:39 AM
do you know this to be true for sure? we've heard this in the past. if it's true i'll be on something else this year.

Yes, this is true. Unless something changes here in the next few months ill let you guys know.:(

Dano77
01-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Hoosier is 100 off a set of 4,with 4 starters. Same as in the past.

NARRC Races and possably Pro-IT

No info at Hankook yet?

Treadzone is All classes,points toward purchase,and Year End awards.

So there is some stuff out there,which is good considering the state of the union.

ITA_honda
01-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Hoosier is 100 off a set of 4,with 4 starters. Same as in the past.

NARRC Races and possably Pro-IT

No info at Hankook yet?

Treadzone is All classes,points toward purchase,and Year End awards.

So there is some stuff out there,which is good considering the state of the union.

Have not heard anything from hankook yet. But I know they didnt have anything last year for regionals. Hoosier is $100 off a set of 4 if there are four or more in class? Is that only if you win?

tnord
01-28-2011, 12:33 PM
i was thinking hoosier midwest (havoc) was one free tire per win with like 7 or more starters. that was many moons ago last i checked.

<--- relies heavily on tire contingency.

lateapex911
01-28-2011, 02:24 PM
I miss me my Hankook contingency! Free set for a win, if I recall. They did have limits on three race weekends, LOL.

jumbojimbo
03-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Yahoo, it lives!

Kumho contingency is the same as last year. Good thing, I like my Kumho hat.

New person doing the admin. Info here:

http://www.scca.com/documents/contingency//11-Kumho-Club-Regional.pdf

erlrich
03-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Yahoo, it lives!

Nice to see at least one company is still helping out the grassroots racers. Now, if I were only fast enough to have a shot at those free tires... :017:

ITA_honda
03-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Yahoo, it lives!

Yep, Jim is right. They just came back with a 2011 Contingency program. Same as 2010. I talked with Aaron Quine last night and he suggests to re-register this year. The program is now run out of California under a different representative.

Kudos to Kumho!:D

lateapex911
03-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Nice to see at least one company is still helping out the grassroots racers. Now, if I were only fast enough to have a shot at those free tires... :017:
And, if somebody is running Hoosiers, you're further up the creek....

tnord
03-01-2011, 03:51 PM
eh, not necessarily jake.

i ran both the 710 and the R6 at the ARRC. not that big of a difference between the two imo. helped that it was <40 deg out though.

tom91ita
03-01-2011, 04:15 PM
And, if somebody is running Hoosiers, you're further up the creek....

but my choice is likely between used hoosiers and new Kumhos. buying used hoosiers for say $300 and getting a set with maybe half the life.

or buying new Kumhos and getting back 2-4 new tire credits will equal ~$300 per set of new tires.

i've run the kumhos and liked them.

this may just change things for me.

lateapex911
03-01-2011, 05:11 PM
eh, not necessarily jake.

i ran both the 710 and the R6 at the ARRC. not that big of a difference between the two imo. helped that it was <40 deg out though.
Under 40...all bets off. That's Hoosier A weather. Or Hankook 70. (or was that 50? I always get those confused)

tnord
03-01-2011, 06:48 PM
i've certainly run them when temps are higher than that with success. i think the warmest i can remember not having an issue with them was around 85 and cloudy. not sure what track temp was.