PDA

View Full Version : ITA in SW Division ?

TStiles
01-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Guys , wondering who all is running ITA in SW Division ?

I'm returning to SCCA racing in an ITA Miata next weekend and was wondering who all is planning to run the 2011 season ?

Looks like the Rational schedule ( IT running Sat & Sun ) is a great step to building the ITA program in SW Division.

Matt93SE
01-09-2011, 11:05 PM
There's usually 5-6 guys running in ITA around Houston. Several of them are new racers, but I think they came from a karting background. Adam Poland is pretty quick for an ITA driver and will be real good with some more experience. There's a few "older" folk as well. Almost all ITA cars are SMs double dipping, but Doc Smith has a Neon that's pretty quick as well.

Race results for the area are here, FYI: http://www.sowdivscca.org/raceresults.aspx

Look forward to more new [to me] faces out there!

TStiles
01-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Hey , I'm one of those " older guys " ... Your right , Adam is quick ... Enjoyed our race today. I'm glad you got around that EP car that was holding me up , it inspired me to dig a little deeper.

Matt93SE
01-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Trey,
Good to meet you this weekend. Just now figured out where we'd talked! Hopefully next month's racing will be in the dry. I'm not so skilled at rain driving and my car hated it. I was watching you and Eva just cruise around on the dry line and I was sliding all over the place on the rain line. I tried following you a couple times and the car just couldn't do it.
Definitely going to have to find some rain tires if I do another rain race!

TStiles
01-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Yeah , I was surprised by how " dry " the line got in the last few laps on Sat. ... Good thing I had my dry tires on for the end of the race & too bad Adam got such a big lead in the wet.

Rain Tires : I ordered mine today ... 6 yr old 2/32 RA1's just can't get the job done.

See you next race , hopefully in the dry

Matt93SE
01-19-2011, 12:13 AM
Yeah, Adam is usually pretty fun to run with, as is Doc Smith and Octavio Calvallo.

Need to convince the wife that I need more tires for my own personal safety. let's see how that goes over. ;)