PDA

View Full Version : Alternator pulley and cooling hose

Campbell
01-04-2011, 12:04 AM
Messing with a few projects and need some help, what is the hose that goes from the side of the 8v 1.8 head to the heater core pipe when you bypass the heater core? it is a large diameter hose on one end and small on the other.. I have seen this on many vw's but don't know what it is to order... Second, I had an alternator for a non a/c 1.8 that had the 2" extender on the shaft. That alternator was bad so I was going to swap the pulley and extender on another - removed the nut but nothing budged. I then tried a gear puller on it and all I did was bend the pulley!! how do you get those off? anyone have one of those set ups they can part with? thanks

Flyinglizard
01-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Squirt the alt with some break free stuff. next time. Send me a pic of the stuff that you need. I'll send you something that may work.
Call Stu @ Imparts online , 877-671-9998 for the hoses. "Peace pipe" is what you need. My email shouild be on the sig. MM
When I bypass the heater, I tap the outlet for a pipe plug. I always worried about water flow and such but it never seemed to bother anything. I also have tried all of the pully speed combos and the engine just runs as cool as it always has. So, i just run the slowest water pump speed set.
MM