PDA

View Full Version : Fun One Photographer

anthony1k
12-16-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm trying to find out who was the photographer who took the photos that were used for the trophies at the Fun One double regional at WGI in September. Mine has been "misplaced" and the region so far has not come through with a replacement. I want to see if I have better luck dealing directly with the photographer.
TIA

joeg
12-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Most likely Roz Rosinkowski in Vestel, NY.

anthony1k
12-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Most likely Roz Rosinkowski in Vestel, NY.
It was not Roz.

JohnRW
12-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Have you spoken with Eliz. Thiel ?

anthony1k
12-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Have you spoken with Eliz. Thiel ?

We have exchanged several emails. I was told this morning that she has it and it will be shipped out shortly. Keeping fingers crossed.

JohnRW
12-17-2010, 02:36 PM
52 classes (from the supps) x double races x 1st - 3rd = 300+ trophy pix. In October, I helped her out ID some of them, and her "mailing room" was buried in the trophy pix. I know there were some rounds of "whoops", including trophies that were smaller required (got 5x7 instead of bigger), so there was some re-printing. Big job.

Need feedback as to whether people liked the trophy pix...not the first time we've done them (a single nat'l is a whole lot easier, as the # of trophies is smaller)...and the production & mailing of pix is a lot of work !

Email Eliz or me if pix don't materialize.

lateapex911
12-17-2010, 03:24 PM
I was at an event last fall at VIR. I think NCR was the host region. They gave plaques with your pic embossed or mounted on the plaque as a trophy. I was impressed by the slick operation. Once final results came out, you went to a trailer in the paddock. I said, "My name is Bond, first place in Spy class." to the girl at the window. She looked at the results, took my car number "007", searched the potogs data base of 007 pics, and said, "Return in 15, Mr Bond", and handed the info to the girl in back. 15 minutes later I went back, and there it was, all done! Wow! I couldn't get over how fast and efficient that was.

JohnRW
12-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Yeah...NCR has done that for the 13 Hour, too. We still hadn't cleaned up all our crap on Pit Lane...podium ceremony underway...got called up and handed class trophy pixs. NCR must have a connection with one of the "mobile" photo guys...servicing the two most basic instincts of racers - "instant gratification" and "vanity" !

ITZ34
12-19-2010, 10:51 PM
anthony

it was sent to me by mistake. I had the post office send it back to Elizabeth Theil. Check with her.

dave Ciufo