PDA

View Full Version : Electrics

NWIT
12-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Newbie Question

I'm putting together an RX-7 to run ITA. If I read the rules correctly I cannot remove the headlamps, horn and similar elctrical devices. But since the engine management wires can be altered, would this include the wires to the lights, horn, etc? In reality your horn is certainly not connected if you are using a removable steering wheel.

Thanks in advance!

WJW

dickita15
12-12-2010, 06:31 PM
To be absolutely legal you need to leave the dead and dying corpse of those useless wires in place as there is nowhere in the rules that is says you can remove them. The first rule of IT is “if it does not say you can you can’t”.

You might want to pull some fuses to be safe though.:rolleyes:

Eagle7
12-12-2010, 09:51 PM
You might want to pull some fuses to be safe though.:rolleyes:
Slippery slope ;)

Z3_GoCar
12-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Also, you could disconnect all the connections, leave some of the bulbs out, even 'accidentally' cut a few wires ( wires get cut all the time by body work and pintched looms.) But whatever you do, don't remove them.

C. Ludwig
12-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Heaven forbid you clean it up and make it look like a proper race car.

Gary L
12-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Also, you could disconnect all the connections, leave some of the bulbs out, even 'accidentally' cut a few wires ( wires get cut all the time by body work and pintched looms.) But whatever you do, don't remove them.

Just because it's the off season and I'm feeling particularly nasty this morning... show me where it says you can disconnect things (okay, let's be specific - headlamps, for instance). Also show me where it says you can take the bulbs out, or cut the wires, or for that matter, leave fuses out... accidentally or otherwise. :D

Greg Amy
12-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Gary, you're nasty!! But of course I must admit I was thinking the same thing... ;)

DoubleXL240Z
12-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Install blown fuses colored black in the fuse block on the dead/disabled circuits. That way the fuse nazis can't ding ya on that!!:smilie_pokal:

Z3_GoCar
12-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Just because it's the off season and I'm feeling particularly nasty this morning... show me where it says you can disconnect things (okay, let's be specific - headlamps, for instance). Also show me where it says you can take the bulbs out, or cut the wires, or for that matter, leave fuses out... accidentally or otherwise. :D

It's in the same place that says the washer bottle must be connected and functional as a washer bottle and not as a radiator catch tank :p