PDA

View Full Version : Passing of Mac Spikes

OTLimit
12-10-2010, 10:27 AM
http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthread.php?t=32459

We are all saddened by the loss of a dear man and great friend today in Mac Spikes. Mac passed away early this morning at home with his loving family after a hard battle with cancer. He was a perfect example of what a father should be. If I can be half the father to my children as he was to his, I will feel like I accomplished something in my life.
Mac loved this class and these boards and the SCCA crowd in general. While Mac liked racing, he loved the people. Whenever he was at event, you knew you would have a good time. He was th kindg of Nicknames.. I think he has giving all of one along the way. I think I have about 5 now. Somehow, he had a way of just brightening the entire weekend. His Texas Drawl will live in my mind for the rest of my life. I will sure miss that guy, I miss him already.
When arrangements are made, I will pass along.
Jim

Greg Amy
12-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Mac was a long-time IT competitor and member of this board ("IPRESS (http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/member.php?u=7703)").

He will be missed. - GA

Marcus Miller
12-10-2010, 10:40 AM
He will be missed indeed.

RIP, Mac.

Andy Bettencourt
12-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Rip

RacerBill
12-10-2010, 12:04 PM
What more can I say. I crewed with Mac at the 12hr of Nelson in 2009, and got to know him then. He is a great racer!
God speed, Mac.

mbuskuhl
12-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Great guy. Mac will be missed. RIP

pitbull113
12-10-2010, 04:13 PM
RIP Mac

Gary L
12-11-2010, 07:00 AM
One of the good guys, on and off the track. RIP Mac.

lateapex911
12-11-2010, 01:34 PM
This has really brought a few tears to my eyes. I need to find a Shiner Bock in his honor. Really neat guy. I feel very bad for his family, and friends. I met his pal Myron in Atlanta. And Travis Nord was a close bud as well. Too young to go for sure. A good reminder to enjoy our loved ones.

dave parker
12-15-2010, 04:15 PM
I met Mac once at Bret Depedro's shop RP Performance. I saw his posts many times on various forums. Nice guy, who would call you out when you said something dumb (typical Texan).
I wish his family and friends the ability to find peace and to remember the good times and positive things.

Mac, I hope you race as hard in heaven as you did here!

cheers
dave parker

Robert Zecca
12-16-2010, 01:37 PM
My thoughts and prayers goes out to his family....Never met the man but still a great loss to our SCCA family......
I just read that Tom Walkinshaw of TWR fame passed last week in England from cancer as well. It seems like some people are invincible but we are not.....I hope everyone else is well and please take care of yourselves.......