PDA

View Full Version : Help Selling GTI

GTRAIN914
12-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Good Morning Guys,
This time last year I bought an '84 GTI that is extremily well set up for ITB. The car was built by Shine Racing and has been maintained to the highest standard. I had the car professionally painted (it almost looks to good for a track car) and I did a few DE days with it, but it never raced. The engine still runs strong and has wonderful compression, but I'd do a rebuild if I was going to race it. The car has so many spares (engines, trans., rims, body parts, etc.) and one of the most impressive cages you will ever see. Anyway, what should I be asking for this animal? I have seen cars selling for $3.5K-$4K with fresh motors. Thanks in advance! :eclipsee_steering:

Here is the only picture I have on my work computer at the moment.

gran racing
12-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Think it just depends on how successful you are in finding interest. Does it have an updated SCCA log book? Even if you don't want to race it, maybe you could get that done. It sure would help in selling it to someone interested in racing it vs HPDEs.

GTRAIN914
12-10-2010, 01:11 PM
It does have a log book, except it wasn't raced last year. Thanks!

red986s
12-10-2010, 01:44 PM
When you decide on a price let us know. I run with a group who are GTI fanatics and will post it on my region's (NRSCCA) board.

GTRAIN914
12-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Without giving it to much thought, I would do $3500/OBO. The car is located in Kennebunkport, Maine for the winter.

StephenB
12-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Has this car ever raced in ITB in the northeast? Is this the yellow one that some other forum members on here have owned? And why are you going backwards through turn ten!! :)

Stephen... from just outside of Manchester NH :)
2010 NARRC ITB champion!

GTRAIN914
12-18-2010, 06:26 PM
No, this car has always been black. Somebody had dropped some coolant and I found it. FWD cars don't spin I found out, they skip which isn't a good feeling.