PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on the old Grand Am Hoosier radial wets?

mbuskuhl
12-09-2010, 02:05 PM
I know they are not DOT legal and are not IT legal.

I think Hoosier is at PRI now so trying here. Can't find much on Google, anyone able to give any info/feedback on these?

Grand Am radial wets, hand grooved.

What compound is this shaved from? How different are they from say the DOT Radial Wet or other Hoosier rains? When did Grand Am stop using these? How good or bad of rain tire are these compared to what else is on the market?

Thanks

Kolin Aspegren
12-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Hoosier is coming out with a new rain tire for 2011. Testing has been completed and look for it come out sometime in Jan. Puts the old tires/compound too shame.

I'll have more news after the sebring/homestead nats if it's RAINING!!!!!

Sorry know nothing about GA wets

k

seckerich
12-09-2010, 02:56 PM
There were 2 different GA wets. Those used for the ST and GS classes were very similar to the Hoosier DOT wet. The other style was for the GT and DP classes and were what was used prior to Pirelli years. Those would be old and somewhat harder to begin with than a Hoosier wet that was built for production and GT in SCCA. They held up OK when it started to dry.

mbuskuhl
12-09-2010, 03:29 PM
The ones I am looking at are 225/45/15 on super clearance at Hoosier. Don't like the 15" DOT wet sizes and not certain the bias wet I can get to clear.

Need some new rains since I sold the full tread RA1 and DS. Just want something relatively good, I avoid rain weekends if I can, but if I plan wrong I will go out.

Will these hold up with 1 degree or less of camber?

Interesting to see what Hoosier comes out with in January.

Marcus Miller
12-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Sounds like you are in the same boat I am... running non-DOT slicks, and need rains.

I was wondering on how the old GA, or Full tread Toyo's or H dot Wets would hold up with no camber...

Marcus