PDA

View Full Version : Rules question- Protege suspension mod

Aged racer
11-28-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm a little fuzzy how to interpret IT rules on whether I can swap a stock rear suspension link for the one in the picture below. Car is an ITB Protege.

Appreciate y'all's opinion:
http://store.awrracing.com/product_images/i/539/trail__42557_zoom.jpg

Thks- Steve

Andy Bettencourt
11-28-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm a little fuzzy how to interpret IT rules on whether I can swap a stock rear suspension link for the one in the picture below. Car is an ITB Protege.

Appreciate y'all's opinion:
http://store.awrracing.com/product_images/i/539/trail__42557_zoom.jpg

Thks- Steve

Steve,

What part of the rule are you fuzzy on? Drop a quote on us that makes you think you can swap them.

JeffYoung
11-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Probably no, unfortunately. You can add traction bars and sway bars, but swapping out a stock link is usually a no no unless the replacement is an aftermarket equivalent, same in the manner set forht in the GCR.

Aged racer
11-28-2010, 08:29 PM
It's this portion of the wording:

Suspension Control

1. Any anti‑roll bar(s), traction bar(s), panhard rod or watts
linkage may be added, removed, or substituted, provided
its/their installation serves no other purpose.

Fuzzy is probably the wrong word, at least as regards the rulebook. It's more me not understanding suspension nomenclature. Jeff set me straight- this piece replaces a stock link, not one of the allowed pieces.

Just wanted to be sure, would rather ask up front.

thks- Steve

chewy8000
11-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Is this going to be a MARRS or SARRC B car !?!?! :eclipsee_steering: From what I saw at the ARRC last year the Protege is a very strong platform for ITB.

Harvey
11-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Steve

Give me a call and or drop me a email.

Les Chaney

Aged racer
11-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Primarily SARRC. Ran most this year, working on refining the car some.

Les- sent you an email!

quadzjr
11-28-2010, 11:14 PM
And did very well this year congrats! I believe he finished 2nd in teh SARRC points.