PDA

View Full Version : car for its?

Tim Dugan
11-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Im thinking of building a neew car in a year or two. What do people think of a vw golf vr6 in its? I know the mazdaaaaa kinda has the feld but wanna do somthing different for the class. I really enjoy racing with the guys i race with ITB but i wanna go to a faster group. I race with ITS and ITR most of the time and would enjoy staying with these guys good clean racing throughout the feild. Dose the car have enough potential to run top 5? Any thoughts are welcome. My other motive for this is looking for a vw golf for a commuter car (at least thats what i tell the wife) found a vr6 for sale cheap and in good condition (potential race car) thanks for the advice:014:

shwah
11-11-2010, 01:47 PM
I think it can get to a competitive power to weight ratio, and that it will be relativley tire hungry. If you can afford to keep front tires under it you may be successful.

It would sound awesome. Go find the videos of the Bildon Corrado on youtube to get a taste of the sweet song of an IT VR6.

Sandro
11-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Potential car and you could probably ask them how competitive it was:
http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28369

Ned Stevens
11-11-2010, 02:07 PM
There is 1 listed in the classifieds that is race ready.

gran racing
11-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Gesh Tim. When you said that you would find a way to get out in front of us, I didn't realize you needed to go to ITS. :p

Honestly though, I do understand. I love ITB but sometimes it's annoying be the slower class in the group. It would be fun to be one of the fastest cars out there in the group.

lateapex911
11-12-2010, 01:01 AM
VW? ITS?
VW + ITS = Corrado. Car can RUN!

Dano77
11-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Contact Brian Blizzard about the VR6 in ITS. He ran a Corrodo for a few seasons. car may be around somewhere as he is now back in ITA in a Golf.

Get a Mazda,come on your buddies all got em.:dead_horse:

Ralf
11-20-2010, 05:58 PM
http://www.govag.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4010

StephenB
11-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Ralf,

I didn't want to join another forum but I am interested in that car for a friend is it possible to tell me where it is located and get the email from him? I am guessing all that info is under the original posters Profile but again I don't have access since I'm not a member to that forum

Thanks
stephen

Ralf
11-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Car is here in the Omaha metro area. I don't have contact info for him or yours but let him know you are interested and directed him to this post.

cadtastrophe
11-21-2010, 01:54 AM
Ralf,

I didn't want to join another forum but I am interested in that car for a friend is it possible to tell me where it is located and get the email from him? I am guessing all that info is under the original posters Profile but again I don't have access since I'm not a member to that forum

Thanks
stephen

Hey all,
I signed up here after Ralf left me a message. I'm the owner of the corrado mentioned above. If you'd like to contact me, you can reach me at 402 sixfiveeight 8650. my email address is
jasonwilliby @ msn . com (no spaces- but it wouldn't let me post it otherwise)

Tim Dugan
11-21-2010, 08:57 AM
hay thanks for the info on the corrado but omaha nebraska is a little out of my travel range but if somthing comes up that i need to go out west ill give this guy a call! Sweet car for a race car build wish it was closer would be very interested!!! Thanks everybody for keeping an eye out leet me know if you find something a little closer.