PDA

View Full Version : VIR Goblins Go

Charles Perry
10-25-2010, 12:05 PM
OK got the results off of mylaps anyone got any video??

JeffYoung
10-25-2010, 02:37 PM
No vid. Race went basically like this. Chuck got a good start and took the lead from Guy. Steve got around guy as well. I got a good start and got by Richards, Plucker and the ITR E30 on the start, settled in behind Parrish.

Guy got around Steve and he and Chuck had a close, tight race for 8 or so laps. Chuck had a hard off and impact in the tire barrier at 10, recovered to finish 3rd just in front of me (4th), with Parrish second and Marvin for the win.

I had a rear wheel cylinder erupt on lap 3 or so, finished with about 2 mm of brake fluid in the emergency reservoir. That plus rusty driver plus year old tires and I was 2-3 seconds slower than usual. So, happy to have held on to 4th over a fast closing Plucker and Richards.

Earp had a distributor issue and parked the car.

Deffenbaugh had a great race going in his first race back in 8 years in the Z; black flagged for no brake lights.

Hennecy broke in qual.

Bryan Parrish broke in qual.

Miller and Ward had solid races and finished.

RedMisted
10-25-2010, 04:49 PM
My race lasted all of two laps. Blown clutch on the back straight. Parked the car at the corner station near Rollercoaster and signed off on the year. See every one in May. Hope you all have a great offseason.

Ron Earp
10-26-2010, 08:22 AM
Great weekend with nice weather and it was good to see everyone. Chuck and Guy had a heck of a race and both did a good job racing clean.

Here is the only video I have:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_70IA6RKSN0

I didn't drive well and my car ran intermittently even over the two laps I ran. For example, it ran poorly at the green flag, but strong enough exiting T1 to get my slide on. After I messed up in the esses something got knocked loose in the dizzy or carbs and the car ran consistently poorly forcing me to park it. Vid ends there.

Hats off to the rest of you fellows for putting on an enjoyable race to watch!

Chris I hate to hear about your problems. Hope you guys got home ok.

RedMisted
10-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Chris I hate to hear about your problems. Hope you guys got home ok.

You mean you're sick of my whining? lol.

We got home just fine, only lost about 40 minutes of travel time. I still have that crummy feeling from having my race weekend cut short. Could've had second in ITR in the main sprint and an overall podium in the Carolina Cup race... :shrug: