PDA

View Full Version : SCCA Racer facing jail time...

Super Swift
10-06-2010, 01:49 PM
At a race a while ago the guy (Lingerfelt) in the attached link was threatining bodily harm to my sister after an on track incident (in whitch Lingerfelt mistakenly though my sister had contact with his car). Although my sister is pretty good at defending herself (learned though personal expernce.) I really appreciated Lance Snyder stepping between them to stop the altercation. At that time Lingerfelt threatend to break Lances' neck if he didn't get out of the way. Several people then invited Lingerfelt to get out of my sisters paddock.

Hopefully this new incident will keep him off the track for some time.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/localnews/headlines/103184644.html

Keep in mind the guy you're racing might not have a firm grip on reality...

Ben Robertson
ITR 944 S2

mossaidis
10-06-2010, 02:50 PM
wow...

CRallo
10-06-2010, 04:20 PM
wow...

+1!

Doc Bro
10-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Looks like his wife hit his car harder than your sister did....

R

lateapex911
10-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Drama.

RedMisted
10-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Too bad your sister couldn't get in a few shots... Maybe that would've rearranged his gray matter a bit and saved his wife from nearly becoming "flambe"

wbp
10-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Julian Lingerfelt was suspended from SCCA in September of 2006, following the evewnt described above. I don't believe he has been back to an SCCA event since. But he has run events sanctioned by other organizations.
I understand federal marshalls chased him down and arrested him at a race weekend at Roebling Road. Assault with a deadly weapon we heard!
I certainly hope we don't have others of this sort racing with us, but I guess we can't be sure.

Greg Amy
10-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Good riddance. Anyone that shows that kind of aggression at a race track needs to be banned for life...even if it's just a hammer to their own windshield...

GA

lateapex911
10-07-2010, 02:01 AM
Good riddance. Anyone that shows that kind of aggression at a race track needs to be banned for life...even if it's just a hammer to their own windshield...

GA

That wasn't a race Greg...or a racetrack......but don't tell them that,.. ;)

StephF
10-07-2010, 06:21 AM
Wonder if he was sponsored by Zippo?

Ed Funk
10-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Nope, Texaco

Wreckerboy
10-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Drama.

Must be an autocrosser.

preparedcivic
10-07-2010, 12:25 PM

I LOL'ed. :happy204:

Seriously, this guy needs to get put away for a while AND get treatment for his anger management issues.

RacerBill
10-07-2010, 01:47 PM
I remember an incident at Mid-Ohio where two cars got together towards the end of a race and stopped in the grass on drivers right at Station 16 (exit from the carosel). One driver got out of his car, walked over to the other driver and started pounding on him. Lucky the second driver still had his helmet on. The victim did call the police after the race to press charges, but I don't remember the outcome.

And of course, there's the famous incident that occurred in the victory circle at Texas Motor Speedway at the first IRL race there were AJ Foyt delivered a sucker punch to Arie Luyendyke because Arie invaded the victory celebration looking for an IRL official. We were all in T&S and Race Control and saw the whole thing! LOL.

Maybe drivers' suits should come with a pocket for a couple of tranquil pills! Although that would not have helped in Foyt's case!

StephF
10-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Early 90's, LRP, start of a race (IIRC) wings and things, two FC cars came together with the usual splattering of parts everywhere. Right in front of the tower on start finish, pretty significant impact, corners gone, wings flopping, the usual formula car chaos.

One driver was dazed, sitting in his busted up tub in the middle of the racetrack.
The other rips his steering wheel off, leaps out, runs over to this poor bastard and started pounding him on the head with it!

This to a guy who was still dazed, and could have had a head injury from the crash! They had to physically pull this guy off the other poor bastard.

They suspended the pounder in question for a year. He had shown anger issues previously, but that one took the cake. He subsequently went away for good.

As this asshat should too. That's some scary behaviour.

RedMisted
10-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Whenever I have to go through a bad part of town, I always have my trusty old Sparco wheel with me. Always a real asset when self-defending at close-quarters. :D

joeg
10-07-2010, 05:46 PM
If you are attacked by a driver while strapped in your car, grab your handheld and "cool" him off.

Z3_GoCar
10-07-2010, 09:16 PM

Maybe that wasn't, but this is....
(The OP recommends ear-muff's if kids are present because some f-bombs fly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uujLrNx_oVo

Z3_GoCar
10-07-2010, 09:36 PM
The same fight from a different angle, also this is kid friendly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ2W6LkvRnU

joeg
10-08-2010, 07:08 AM
Definitely needed a handheld...

Matt93SE
10-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Another one I ran across this morning.. The language should be OK cause 99% of the world won't be able to understand it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol97gq4aVHI&feature=related
(the one in question starts around 2:12)

joeg
10-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Nelson Piquet...trying to kick the guy in the ba**s

bhudson
10-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Realistically this thread should be FORMER SCCA racer...Julian hasn't been a member lately - probably at least a year or two.

TomL
10-12-2010, 01:18 PM
The "hammer through the windshield" comment reminded me of the most impressive piece of retaliation I've ever seen. Back many years ago we had an IT driver who was notorious for not respecting other drivers. Warnings and threats didn't deter him. Finally, he bumped another CRX while they were blasting through Turn 3 at Roebling (100mph +). The car rolled a few times and ended up with hardly a straight panel.

After the race, a bunch of us were sitting in the pits cooling off, with the offender's CRX sitting behind the pit wall while he discussed the episode with the officials. We noticed a large guy walking up pit road with an aluminum baseball bat. Then we all watched in stunned silence as he proceeded to methodically pound the car to a pulp. Every light and every piece of glass was broken, and every panel was given one or more whacks. Then he calmly pitched the bat through the hole where the back glass used to be and walked away.

Turns out it was the father of the driver who had been punted and he wanted the offender to have his own car in comparable condition. I heard that the dad ended up spending a night in jail, and that the pounded car's owner threatened a huge lawsuit (he was a lawyer, of course :rolleyes:), but never did hear a final resolution. At least he took the bat to the car rather than the other driver.

StephF
10-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Too bad they they couldn't have taken away the offender's race car and given it to the guy he crashed out (providing it was of equal or greater value to the trashed car)

That would make a lot of people think twice before they take someone out.