PDA

View Full Version : Narrc ita crash vid

Tkczecheredflag
10-04-2010, 09:14 AM
I tried to edit down the video but could not figure out how to save new version.

Thanks to the corner workers for keeping me safe - being as I cut my racing teeth in F&C I know how very much important our Corner Workers are - Much appreciated to ALL. I also love the passion Peter has getting us out behind the pace car - way cool.

Okay - The crash comes around 17 minutes in - did it all my myself. With the exception of the crash you may think I am running a poor race line but Shane and Jeff seemed faster so I was trying to give them room to work if they thouught they could get the position away from me - too nice, I don't think so, it's how I was taught to share the track with my competitiors (I mention this for some of our SM/SSM on lookers who might has missed that class). Also, I am reminded how important practice is during the weekend to my race craft - I was finding courage and speed in West Bend during the race but never established a "turn in" mark. You'll see it was early in, early out, and bye, bye when we ran out of track - real rookie move on my part (too much Robin Hood Rally bad habits). The car is very okay and me too. Despite the results and banging up the car I was having a blast. Thanks to all who helped put on a great show, and again congrats to Andy, Jeff and Shane.

http://www.vimeo.com/15525843

RacerBill
10-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Great Video! Great race! Great show of stickin to it!!!!! One of these days, I will make a Lime Rock event!

mossaidis
10-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Glad you're safe and you could finish the race Tim.

joeg
10-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Looks like a tire issue of some sort...

cchandler
10-04-2010, 10:13 PM
too nice, I don't think so, it's how I was taught to share the track with my competitiors (I mention this for some of our SM/SSM on lookers who might has missed that class).

Tim,

I, among many, enjoy racing with you because you are a gentleman, not a one-weekend-a-month-racecar-driver-A-Hole with no respect for anyone elses bodywork.

Would like to have mixed it up with you guys but other duties beckoned!

CC

JLawton
10-05-2010, 06:03 AM
Tim,

I, among many, enjoy racing with you because you are a gentleman, not a one-weekend-a-month-racecar-driver-A-Hole with no respect for anyone elses bodywork.

CC

I'll second that!!

Tkczecheredflag
10-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Thanks Guys - All of a sudden the dinged up car doesn't look as bad anymore:023:

We're really lucky - we race in a great club with lots of moving parts, and with exception of a few "head scratcher's" enjoy the "good times" of many, on and off the track. I am very blessed to have the opportunity to live this dream with you ALL, and very grateful to all the volunteers and racers who make it all happen.

From the KLEER Lumber/CPM Motorsports Team - Have a great off season and we will see you next year.

THawkbh
10-05-2010, 09:05 AM
I did the same thing in the downhill in June. It happens.

Tim, if you need some help working on the car, I'll be around next week. I may not be all that knowledgeable, but I'm willing to help if you need it.