PDA

View Full Version : NARRC Runoffs is 32 laps!!!!!

Dano77
09-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Who thought this was a good idea? Im fat and old,I might die after 25 laps due to lack of stamina. The only saving grace is Jake isnt running. He is in shape you know. He like exercises and stuff.

Gonna make the first trip to LRP since 2003,should be exactly the same right?

Eagle7
09-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Isn't 32 laps on that track something like 10 minutes? :D

StephF
09-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Hey no worries. Play your cards right, you'll get lapped enough times and only have to make 25 laps......

(Just being a wiseass!...as usual... :D)

gizmo83
09-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Good Point!!!:happy204:

THawkbh
09-14-2010, 10:33 PM
oh boy...

JLawton
09-15-2010, 07:20 AM
. The only saving grace is Jake isnt running. He is in shape you know. He like exercises and stuff.

Yeah, but it's always a 50/50 chance that Jake's CAR will make it to grid or not let alone 32 laps!! :p

Last years race was fairly long too although I don't remember how many laps.

On Edit: Yes, last year was 32 laps (for Andy and Shane) under some very difficult conditions. They finished in 36:47. Trust me, it felt a LOT longer than that!!!

BruceG
09-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Who thought this was a good idea? Im fat and old,I might die after 25 laps due to lack of stamina. The only saving grace is Jake isnt running. He is in shape you know. He like exercises and stuff.

Gonna make the first trip to LRP since 2003,should be exactly the same right?

LRP is not the same as in 2003. All new pavement in 2007(no more concrete wear strips in 2 and 3(or anywhere else). Also....different visual cues after noname and the uphill due to the 2 new optional chicanes.

StephenB
09-15-2010, 11:39 AM
LRP is not the same as in 2003. All new pavement in 2007(no more concrete wear strips in 2 and 3(or anywhere else). Also....different visual cues after noname and the uphill due to the 2 new optional chicanes.

Agrees with the above and I will add that with that new pavement its significantly FASTER! but in the end its still the same limerock we all love :)

Stephen

Doc Bro
09-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Did anyone read the NEDiv blurb in Sportscar? They talked about running the chicanes for the Narrc offs.

R

ner88
09-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Have the chicanes been approved by SCCA?
Just wondering? :shrug:

Greg Amy
09-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Did anyone read the NEDiv blurb in Sportscar? They talked about running the chicanes for the Narrc offs.
I think Henderson was writing off-the-cuff in reference to future years, not 2010. The supps for the 2010 event specify the "classic" course.

Personally, I think it's a good idea. If you want to attract a heads-up championship race for all comers, it should be on a course where the home boys don't necessarily have an advantage. SCCA/Road Atlanta tried this idea back in the 90's with a laughable chicane on the back straight; while the sentiment was good, the implementation wasn't. LRP's new course configuration - like it or not - would be an improvement in that regard.

Jerry, I'd suggest you would have more insight to that approval than anyone else...

GA

StephenB
09-15-2010, 11:57 AM

R

I really really want to go but if this is true I most likely will not make any effort to attend. Thanks foe the heads up!

Stephen

Newer update from gregg! Thanks Gregg that is awesome new for this year! Now it's a waiting game for me... My wifeis expecting and our due date is the 5th so I am not planning on going... but a nice trip to CT. would be fun :)

gran racing
09-15-2010, 12:37 PM
It's just a commentary article.

There will always be a home track advantage, just the way the game is played. If that were to happen, I'd go to one of the track days that use the pro course. Now granted it would be less of an advantage since a higher number of people wouldn't have experience or at least nearly as much on the pro course.

I have mixed feelings about it. In one sense it would be different, but I wonder how many additional incidents there would be in particular with the uphill turn. On the other hand, maybe I'd finally be able to take the downhill flat. lol

MKB
09-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Dan-for a small fee I will take over the driving duties for you!

Mike...............IT7 something something.............

benspeed
09-15-2010, 01:45 PM
I heard there was going to be and epic throwdown between Porsche and Honda in ITR (since all the other cars are bimmers!)

I'M LOOKING FOR A BOWL OF RICE - COMIN' FOR IT!!! :-)

Where's the trash talk on who's going to win? One ITA guy was telling me he was going to whipper up on all those ITS guys!

Which S guy will keep the Autotechnic guys honest?

Isn't Hendo ready to put a fender into Driscoll for all those wins he could'a had???

Mark Greggory will even make an appearance and always seems to find the podium at the NARRCoffs :-)

Where's the Flatout ITS effort - did they run away scairt?

Will Greg Amy silence the doubters and turn up and battle local? That guy can only beat me in the tech shed now :-)

Stir up the $h*t!

Robert Zecca
09-15-2010, 02:21 PM
I wish everyone the best of luck at the NARRC.....enjoy......and watch out for Ben......

ulfelder
09-15-2010, 05:08 PM
I heard there was going to be and epic throwdown between Porsche and Honda in ITR (since all the other cars are bimmers!)

Hope you're slathering duct tape around those big goofy headlights of yours lest I suck 'em out.

Steve

JLawton
09-15-2010, 08:29 PM

I "think" Dan was kidding.......... :)

CRallo
09-16-2010, 08:58 AM
13 entries for ITA already!!!! and a "little birdy" told me there will be atleast one more... :D

And Rick is signed up with both his cars... a mistake? misdirection? is he realy gonna do it? :blink:

Shane, Jeff, Andy and more!!! its gonna be a RACE!!!!

Is Tim K gonna make a showing?!

dj10
09-16-2010, 09:15 AM
hey no worries. Play your cards right, you'll get lapped enough times and only have to make 25 laps......

(just being a wiseass!...as usual... :d)

rotflmao!! :023:

THawkbh
09-16-2010, 01:09 PM
How do you withdraw from a race? I can't make it. :D

cchandler
09-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Seven different manufacturers in ITA. Very cool.

gran racing
09-16-2010, 08:49 PM
That's all you've got? Seven? Weak.

JLawton
09-17-2010, 07:16 AM

Where's the trash talk on who's going to win? One ITA guy was telling me he was going to whipper up on all those ITS guys!

Which S guy will keep the Autotechnic guys honest?

Isn't Hendo ready to put a fender into Driscoll for all those wins he could'a had???

Mark Greggory will even make an appearance and always seems to find the podium at the NARRCoffs :-)

Where's the Flatout ITS effort - did they run away scairt?

Will Greg Amy silence the doubters and turn up and battle local? That guy can only beat me in the tech shed now :-)

Stir up the *t!

Jeeze Ben, not like the old days when there was a whole lotta trash talkin', huh! Yup, the good old days when IT was the SM of the time. Are we becoming civilized???

Greg's going to the "real" Runoffs so I don't think he's going to make it.

13 entries for ITA already!!!! and a "little birdy" told me there will be atleast one more... :D

And Rick is signed up with both his cars... a mistake? misdirection? is he realy gonna do it? :blink:

Shane, Jeff, Andy and more!!! its gonna be a RACE!!!!

Is Tim K gonna make a showing?!

Glad to hear you're gonna try and make it. It's been a long haul for you guys!!

Yeah, don't expect the same results from me as the June race though. I just hope I stay close enough so I can watch Shane and Andy hammer on each other. :) But 32 laps is a long race. Lots can happen!! Will Andy's new engine make it?? I'm sure he's going to have it well broken in before the race including the test day before!! I'm thinking he wants his revenge with Shane........Skunked for the past two years!! :o

(this IS fun Ben!!)

CRallo
09-17-2010, 07:59 AM
That's all you've got? Seven? Weak.

More than ITB has so far... so what does that make yous guys? :p

Glad to hear you're gonna try and make it. It's been a long haul for you guys!!

Yeah, don't expect the same results from me as the June race though. I just hope I stay close enough so I can watch Shane and Andy hammer on each other. :) But 32 laps is a long race. Lots can happen!! Will Andy's new engine make it?? I'm sure he's going to have it well broken in before the race including the test day before!! I'm thinking he wants his revenge with Shane........Skunked for the past two years!! :o

(this IS fun Ben!!)

Thanks Jeff! It has been a long haul... I literally teared up a couple times (while driving) when I got that car on track for the very first time Monday! I'd not been that happy in a long, long time... We'll be bringing up the rear, but it will great just to be racing again!

benspeed
09-17-2010, 09:16 AM
It is fun trying to stir it up a little - at least Steve U was man enough to bite on some of the trash talk! :-) (Those headlights are goofy and I can't find a good plastic cover to protect them - the tape keeps collecting dirt)

It should be a sizzler of a weekend - tons of great drivers turning up but very light in ITR. I might need to go out and test up there a little...

dazzlesa
09-17-2010, 01:07 PM
i have not driving the ITA car in a long time. i have new tires from the hankook contigencey that will go to waste if i dont use them. the car is running so it looks like the teg will be there. the civic will not make the trip

ulfelder
09-17-2010, 02:10 PM
It should be a sizzler of a weekend - tons of great drivers turning up but very light in ITR. I might need to go out and test up there a little...

I'm testing on the 28th, hope to see you there. :023:

Steve

robits325is
09-17-2010, 03:04 PM

Naa - just go for the win in turn one

benspeed
09-17-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm testing on the 28th, hope to see you there. :023:

Dangit! Now I really oughta test! :(

Steve

Naa - just go for the win in turn one

I will, but only if you are out of the flight path as I hurtle in at full throttle :blink:

ulfelder
09-17-2010, 05:04 PM
I will, but only if you are out of the flight path as I hurtle in at full throttle :blink:

Dude, Rob's the one you need to take out - he's embarrassing us ITR guys at Lime Rock! :D

Steve

Andy Bettencourt
09-17-2010, 05:41 PM
No smack talk from me until I know the motor will be done. Would love a nice long DRY race. That way Shane and I don't lap the whole field again. :happy204:

Ed Funk
09-19-2010, 08:02 PM
My only smack talk is I just entered the CRX. Little work to do in the next 10 days!

THawkbh
09-19-2010, 11:39 PM
How do you withdraw from a race? I can't make it. :D

Does anyone have the registrar email address? I found how to withdraw but there isn't a link to send a withdrawl email like the user guide shows there should be. I know this is a big event and I don't want my inability to withdraw force someone else out of the race.

CRallo
09-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Does anyone have the registrar email address? I found how to withdraw but there isn't a link to send a withdrawl email like the user guide shows there should be. I know this is a big event and I don't want my inability to withdraw force someone else out of the race.

Not at a computer... Is it not on the sups? Try looking in the directory on NESCCA or at SCCA.com under the club racing tab where it shows divisions and regions

benspeed
09-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Dude, Rob's the one you need to take out - he's embarrassing us ITR guys at Lime Rock! :D

Steve

Now that's the sad fact - Driscoll has put the beat down on everybody this year - trying to get Autotecnic to run into each other - it happened once before around five years ago.

Rob/Jeff - that was LRP?

C'mon Jeff - take Rob under braking in T1 lap 1...

CRallo
09-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Found out over the weekend that my teammate is going to be leaving me high and dry cuz he'll be in Bermuda that weekend... Guess he'll be missing our SCCA debut! ha, and I even reminded him what happened last time he abandoned me!

oh well, more driving for me :D:eclipsee_steering:

CRallo
09-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Speaking of more driving... Apparently there is no discount for a double entry!? :/

CRallo
09-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Speaking of more driving... Apparently there is no discount for a double entry!? :/

Spoke to Susan, she confirmed that there is no discount for a double entry... :/

Any points battles coming down to this race?! where is the smack talk and banter?! You all working at work for once? :p

I'll be bringing up the rear in ITA, but it will be soooooo great to be back on track AND racing!

gran racing
09-22-2010, 08:24 PM
I'll be bringing up the rear in ITA

Dude. Really? We let the first double entry comment go but...

Dave, whose just pissed that the car is running like shit and very well might miss this race.

RSTPerformance
09-22-2010, 09:14 PM
I will be at a wedding.... maried life :(

Tim Mullen will win ITB, he has his car figured out and his driving is perfect this year!

Raymond "didn't bother fixing my car yet" Blethen

CRallo
09-22-2010, 09:42 PM

Tim Mullen will win ITB, he has his car figured out and his driving is perfect this year!

Since Rick is not running B...

Dave, sounds like a challenge man!

Dude. Really? We let the first double entry comment go but...

Dave, whose just pissed that the car is running like shit and very well might miss this race.

new car, bone stock engine and my first race in a year and a half... I'm not expecting much dude.

Andy Bettencourt
09-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Predictions

ITR: Nimkoff...fastest ITR car I have seen yet at LRP.
ITS: Driscoll...he gets to Big Bend in P1 and he could win overall in G8.
ITA: Hawthorne...until my car actually fires up, can't bet against him.
ITB: Who is actually going? Wentworth's car is done? Gran's car running crappy, Benazic running in ITA, Hubbard, Reece, Mullen, Curren, Blethen, Z-man...cripes!
ITC: Funk via Funk
IT7: Shep has been hot, Jake's motor not done...

205 cars entered now.

7 ITR
14 ITS
15 ITA
15 ITB
2 ITC
5 IT7

StephenB
09-22-2010, 11:44 PM

Raymond.... I did register ya know! No love even for a brother in here.

On to some trash talking... I am starting from last and coming down Saturday. No practice no qualifying... I want to give everyone else a chance :) ok reality is the wife is due on Tuesday and we are visiting the doctor Friday to see if it is ok to drive down for the day... has anyone ever deliverer at the track?

Points are going to be big this weekend. Currently I am leading the NARRC but Nat, Marty, Dave z,Tim d,and Tim m all have a chance to beat me! If I don't go I drop down to 5th!

Stephen

PS: I do have the coolest wife that actually wants to go down for both days. (Well Eds wife is kick ass as well... interesting that they are both Steph's....)

Ed Funk
09-23-2010, 07:18 AM
...always look for a Steph to marry.

Rabbit05
09-23-2010, 07:25 AM
I can't let Stephen be the only 4 ring circus in town..:D

I'm in !

I think I got my misfire problems ironed out in my Coupe . I cant wait to get back out there and mix it up..:eclipsee_steering:

Andy Bettencourt
09-23-2010, 08:56 AM
I can't let Stephen be the only 4 ring circus in town..:D

I'm in !

I think I got my misfire problems ironed out in my Coupe . I cant wait to get back out there and mix it up..:eclipsee_steering:

You mean '5-ring' circus? LOL

ITB is going to be awesome!!!!

gran racing
09-23-2010, 09:28 AM
It'll be interesting. Looking at last year's NARRC qual, Dave Z. boasted a 1:03.5. He's certainly a threat. John is the C record holder, so obviously knows the track and is quick. Ken is always fast. Whose this Stephen guy? I heard that we need to distract him with signs "Go to Pit Lane - Baby Coming NOW!" :D

raffaelli
09-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Spoke with LRP yesterday while signing up for Tuesday. They said you can leave your junk at the track from Tuesday if you let the Operations Manager know you will be doing so.

I am SO looking forward to next week. Practice day and two classes. It's gonna feel great to be in the car again!:happy204:

Because Boston isn't going to make the playoffs I will let Andy lap me.

Andy Bettencourt
09-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Because Boston isn't going to make the playoffs I will let Andy lap me.

LOL There is nothing you can do about EITHER of those things. :)

raffaelli
09-23-2010, 09:56 AM
LOL There is nothing you can do about EITHER of those things. :)

:smilie_pokal:

StephenB
09-23-2010, 10:12 AM
It'll be interesting. Looking at last year's NARRC qual, Dave Z. boasted a 1:03.5. He's certainly a threat. John is the C record holder, so obviously knows the track and is quick. Ken is always fast. Whose this Stephen guy? I heard that we need to distract him with signs "Go to Pit Lane - Baby Coming NOW!" :D

LMAO. Now that isn't even funny, I never thought of that! Hmmm... I know need a secret code that none of you will know....

Dano77
09-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Heh;My wife can beat your wife. We walked around NHMS 2 WEEKS past due and Madison still didnt want to come out.

Devon was a planned deal and was scheduled the Tuesday after the Enduro at NHMS. Both kids were at racetracks within two weeks.

Jaime Rocks!

Gonna try for Jakes record and possably not run out of fuel before the end. The car runs 42 minutes on a full tank. Not built for enduros or even nationals.

Eagle7
09-23-2010, 12:44 PM
LMAO. Now that isn't even funny, I never thought of that! Hmmm... I know need a secret code that none of you will know....
Woman in labor, "GET STEPHEN IN HERE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Later that day, "WHY DIDN'T YOU COME IN?????????????"

Stephen, "I didn't see the secret code".

Good luck, fella. :happy204:

lawtonglenn
09-23-2010, 03:46 PM
....Any points battles coming down to this race?.....

hmmmm....not in ITS.... the only ways I can catch Jack Hall are:

Glenn 4th / Jack DNS/DNF
Glenn 3rd / Jack 16th (with only 13 cars registered)
Glenn 2nd / Jack 7th
Glenn 1st / Jack 4th

so unless Ben's prediction of Hendo taking out Driscoll and himself
comes true, and Jack winning the Megabucks (and celebrating instead of
racing)....looks like Jack Hall will take the NARRC in ITS

M5rokit
09-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Now that's the sad fact - Driscoll has put the beat down on everybody this year - trying to get Autotecnic to run into each other - it happened once before around five years ago.

Rob/Jeff - that was LRP?

C'mon Jeff - take Rob under braking in T1 lap 1...

Ben, Jeff DID try that already and punted into the outfield! Last time out it was Rob D and me for 10 laps or so and I tried everything to pass him. He's the Mark Webber of PRO-IT. Gonna make it stick this time Rob! Bring white spray paint

Andy Bettencourt
09-23-2010, 04:26 PM
I'll let you guys know how deep into the 59's I get at the test day in the S2000... LOL

M5rokit
09-23-2010, 04:27 PM
See ya there....with a stopwatch!!!

benspeed
09-23-2010, 05:06 PM
And Andy - no cold beer for your after picking Rob N over me for the win!

I will be the first IT driver under a minute at LRP!!!!

Dano77
09-23-2010, 06:39 PM
The IT7 points battle comes down to Norm and I.

I have to win,only chance I got. Second and Norm needs to finish fourth or fifth or something. Im 150 points behind and this is double points. Need the win to get the deficet caught up.

Norm needs to beat me only. Wont matter where we are overall, if hes in front I lose.

Heard rumors the Mazda Factory Skunk works are helping the Old Guy. Im pulling the hired Gun JB to run interference for me.

Madison and Lou will probably hang back to watch the fireworks in turn 1,wise move if you ask me.B)

Andy Bettencourt
09-23-2010, 07:13 PM
See ya there....with a stopwatch!!!

The fastest 'un-official/official' times I have seen to date:

ITR: Dave Maynard, NARRC Qual 2009, :59.860

gran racing
09-23-2010, 07:22 PM
So good news is it's not an engine issue. The bad news is we don't know what it is. :( Thought it was the ECU but had two others swapped (I've used / tested those before and worked). Injectors are okay. Checked a bunch of other things. It didn't make me feel that warm and fuzzy when Matt got stumped. Ugggg.

ITB time to beat 1:03.314 - not that I had a target on any particular time or anything. lol Gotta get in the high 2s. OR the car running properly. Doh!

M5rokit
09-23-2010, 07:35 PM
And Andy - no cold beer for your after picking Rob N over me for the win!

I will be the first IT driver under a minute at LRP!!!!

Umm, sorry Ben but I've got 59.83 (track record 2009)Go for it tho and I love the intensity! Let's all go for broke and make it a great race weekend!

Andy Bettencourt
09-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Umm, sorry Ben but I've got 59.83 (track record 2009)Go for it tho and I love the intensity! Let's all go for broke and make it a great race weekend!

What race was that? FAST!!!

gran racing
09-23-2010, 08:15 PM
You don't think you could break the minute mark in the A miata?

Andy Bettencourt
09-23-2010, 08:18 PM
You don't think you could break the minute mark in the A miata?

Phew, I don't know if I can do it. 1:00.8 in Q at the 2009 NARRC was a real flyer for me. I just want to back that up in a race to lower the 1:01.3 record.

ITR is already in the :59's. The S2000 seems like it could do it. I have been 1:00.4 in an ITS RX-7 in one session last year...conditions need to be dry and coooool.

RSTPerformance
09-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Stephen
I hope you do make it to LRP, but as I told you I am doing the slot car race in Cambridge that day as I did not think you would make it. And you may not!:shrug:
Andy Bettencourt check your post on slot car illustrated.
Good luck to all going!:D

Tom "crew cheif to the Blethen's" Gray

JLawton
09-23-2010, 08:48 PM
I just want to back that up in a race to lower the 1:01.3 record.

Hmmmmmmmmm. a 1:01.3, huh? A year ago I didn't think I could have gotten with in a second of that................ hmmmmmmm. Maybe I need to go get some stickers...... :D

gran racing
09-23-2010, 08:50 PM
I think in the right conditions the Miata could hit high 59s. Even still, given quite a bit more HP and somewhat similar nature of a car, it'll be interesting to see what that S2000 can do. Maybe the ITR guys need to be pushed a bit harder? You're not going to let an ITS Miata beat your times, are you? Ooops, I mean an ITA Miata.

Figured I'd make Ben happy with the outside of my class trash talk.

Andy Bettencourt
09-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm. a 1:01.3, huh? A year ago I didn't think I could have gotten with in a second of that................ hmmmmmmm. Maybe I need to go get some stickers...... :D

Do it! You can soooo run that time!!!

StephenB
09-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Phew, I don't know if I can do it..........conditions need to be dry and coooool.

So someone has to be the one to say it.... 10 days out and every weather thing in the world says between 50% and 75% chance of rain.

Tkczecheredflag
09-23-2010, 10:31 PM
................ hmmmmmmm. Maybe I need to go get some stickers...... :D

Forget the stickers - invest in a nice set of "wets" - bring a nice sweater, a slicker and some boots. The "dance" begins.

RSTPerformance
09-23-2010, 10:42 PM
The wedding is outside.... If it rains I will be so pissed, not only will i get wet, but the last time i went and it rained at the NARRC runoffs I outqualified the entire ITB/ITS field by something like an entire second, it would be nice to not only beat up the ITS cars but also the ITR cars with an old Audi!!!

now who is the hot shoe in the rain, I want to see an ITB car lap the entire field!!!

Raymond "I love racing in the rain" Blethen

Rabbit05
09-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Forget the stickers - invest in a nice set of "wets" - bring a nice sweater, a slicker and some boots. The "dance" begins.

I got everything but the nice "wets"....woo hoo !! :birra:

Does anyone know if the "Tech Shed" open Thursday night..? I need an annual done on the car.

JLawton
09-24-2010, 07:20 AM
I can't remember a NARRC Offs weekend where it wasn't raining at least one of the days. Figures, we're in the longest dry spell in decades but Mother Nature decides to mess with us racers once again!!

Dano77
09-24-2010, 08:49 AM
It was dry and sunny in the year 2000. I remember because I finished second to Pete Smith. Still got the trophy. I know it was dry some other years but cant remember the dates.

Dan

benspeed
09-24-2010, 09:24 AM

WOW! I didn't know the time had been done in a race - that deserves a friggin' plaque up on the timing tower - seriously. That is a career achievement. I can remember for the last ten years folks wondering who would break a minute.

Finished up the car last night - its ready. This will be a great race - plus I've got brand new rains and intermediates. I think the Narrcoffs get rain 50% of the time.

Doc Bro
09-24-2010, 10:21 AM
So bummed I can't go. I ran a 1:00.3 last year and was PLANNING on breaking a minute this year. Just too much damage from NJ events. The wheelbase of the car is still off by 1" left to right!!!

Steve watch out......I'd be shocked if you make it through the weekend without a donut on that car!!!

R

CRallo
09-24-2010, 03:12 PM
now THIS in more like it! things slow down at work guys? :p

can't wait to see you all at the track!

RSTPerformance
09-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Chris-

No matter how slow things get at work, it will never be as slow as you are on the track!!!

Good luck at the Runoffs, It will be back on the list next year!

Raymond

Ed Funk
09-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Anyone want some free 225/50/14 Hankooks? They were from Joe D. about 2 years old, and supposedly about 6 heat cycles. They were on some wheels I bought from him. There are 6 of them. I would be able to bring them to the NARRC Offs.

Ed Funk
09-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Looks like the tires are spoken for, unless someone can make me a better deal than Stephen Blethen....I get naming rights on the baby!

Rabbit05
09-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Good to see that the weather looks like it will be nice this weekend ...:023:

...after going out and getting a nice 10x20 tarp set-up. (Dutch luck strikes again)

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCT0105

As of today, cool temps with sun for the weekend...of course, this is the Northeast and we could get snow tomorrow..:rolleyes:

Ed Funk
09-27-2010, 10:53 AM
If it's a boy, I'm thinking "Hans Stuck Blethen"
If it's a girl, I'll go with "Stephanie Van Why Funk Blethen"

gran racing
09-27-2010, 11:14 AM
LOL!!

Got an update from Matt and he told me I'm driving him CRAZY. LOL The wiring harness fell off and rubbed against the tire, uggg. Wiring harness from Honda new, $750. Salvage yard has one, won't ship it because people have canceled their credit cards and they've gotten screwed in the past. Swapping it would be a major PITA anyway. Matt is going to put the puzzle back together. I owe him big time. Dropped car off Fri evening, found out by Mon morning. Could have easily screwed me on the cost, and instead is absolutely more than fair. Here's my Kessler Engineering (http://www.kesslerengineering.com)plug (only for cars not in ITB of course)!!

OMG!!! Matt just posted a pic on Facebook of the harness mess and....he's going to really, really, really hate me! Oh man.

lateapex911
09-27-2010, 12:02 PM
After seeing how you "installed" wires on your trailer, I can see why Matt is annoyed. Your middle name is Lucas, isn't it? You just have no respect for electricity. ;)

Kessler Engineering: "We put the smoke back in your electrical device"

gran racing
09-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Nope, totally unrelated. These are the factory wires running in a loom from the engine bay to the ECU. There just happen to be a zillion wires that need to be reconnected. Don't think he trusts my rewiring skilz. Okay, so not toally unrelated just preventative Dave damage control.

gran racing
09-27-2010, 02:21 PM
The Prelude is now running fine. :D SWEET!

M5rokit
09-27-2010, 04:36 PM
What race was that? FAST!!!

Andy I stand corrected. At the NARRC Runoffs 2009 Dave had a 59.867 and I had a 1:00.195. I guess no offical records for Qualie which this was. The race was wet so our times were like 1:09s.
The schools out in June of 2009 I had a 1:00.747 which was the track record as it was in the race. Don't know if it's been surpassed in a race yet but don't think so. Need the right conditions like a few weeks ago I did 1:00.25 a few times at a practice session. Sorry about the wrong numbers! Just dream'n. Should be cool and sunny though this weekend!!!!:happy204:
Sorry to hear Doc won't be there!

Andy Bettencourt
09-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Andy I stand corrected. At the NARRC Runoffs 2009 Dave had a 59.867 and I had a 1:00.195. I guess no offical records for Qualie which this was. The race was wet so our times were like 1:09s.
The schools out in June of 2009 I had a 1:00.747 which was the track record as it was in the race. Don't know if it's been surpassed in a race yet but don't think so. Need the right conditions like a few weeks ago I did 1:00.25 a few times at a practice session. Sorry about the wrong numbers! Just dream'n. Should be cool and sunny though this weekend!!!!:happy204:

I hope for good conditions and good racin'! Lawton guaranteed a win on the phone today. :)

M5rokit
09-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Andy,
We've got a fun Miata race at the Drivers Club at Limerock on October 22nd. Can you rent two cars for myself and my team mate?
We've got Elivan and Ian driving so we want FAST ones to take it to 'em! Let me know and I'll call you or Nick.

JLawton
09-27-2010, 07:10 PM
I hope for good conditions and good racin'! Lawton guaranteed a win on the phone today. :)

Yup, guaranteed it for either Shane or Andy!! I won't even guarantee I won't spin in the left hander!! :blink:

The weather does look good though!! <knocking on wood> :D

Tkczecheredflag
09-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Huya huya toma sonya toma tomahttp://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane/blog/Raindance.jpg

Ed Funk
09-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Timmuh loves him the LRP in the rain!

StephF
09-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Huya huya toma sonya toma toma

Timmuh loves him the LRP in the rain!

Either that, or his jock strap is pinching him again.

lateapex911
09-28-2010, 01:27 PM
"Again" Steph? You have the inside line on his 'issues" in that department?

benspeed
09-28-2010, 02:20 PM

Ahhhh! So I CAN still be the first IT racer under a minute!!! WHO WILL DO IT???

We're gonna have a barn burner folks - weather looks good so far - cool conditions for power with sun on the surface to provide optimal grip :023:

CRallo
09-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Chris-

No matter how slow things get at work, it will never be as slow as you are on the track!!!

Good luck at the Runoffs, It will be back on the list next year!

Raymond

ouch! :o damn son, that's harsh! what did I ever do to you?! lol :shrug:

in other news, that sure is a good example of the shit talk I was refering to...

CRallo
09-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Anyone do the test day? how was the weather?

Andy Bettencourt
09-28-2010, 06:52 PM
We bagged it. Forecast was bad.

robits325is
09-28-2010, 07:29 PM
There were three cars when I left around 1:30. No testing but I got a great parking spot!

JLawton
09-28-2010, 07:34 PM
We bagged it. Forecast was bad.

Awwww, gee....... That is too bad!!

:D

Karma........ I'm gonna be running 1:03s for sure!!

RSTPerformance
09-28-2010, 07:44 PM
ouch! :o damn son, that's harsh! what did I ever do to you?! lol :shrug:

in other news, that sure is a good example of the shit talk I was refering to...

Its just the smack talk you requested!!! Be careful, if you get your panties in to much more of a bunch you will be choking on them.:smilie_pokal:

Raymond

gran racing
09-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Ray, did you hear what Jake said about you? Gesh, that was a bit harsh.

Oh, and Ben, seriously? I don't think Rob's N.'s car is ugly at all and he's not a weak excuse for a driver driver. I mean the PM stories can't all be true? Can they?

Chris, I did enjoy the Lawton jokes. Thanks for that!!! Made my evening. LOL

You guys sure are getting good at this.

RSTPerformance
09-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Dave- I told jake never to tell anyone... dam it!

I do want to dual him in the rain someday, RX-7 vs. Audi Coupe!

Raymond - Can't wait for next year!!!

gran racing
09-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Here's the mess poor Matt was faced with figuring out. Green wire with blueish purple looking dots match.... I got the "you guys really do drive me nuts"... LOL

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs705.snc4/62566_1397962268463_1214434490_30930832_6888322_n. jpg

Andy Bettencourt
09-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Motor in, running and dyno'd.

:eclipsee_steering:

Ed Funk
09-29-2010, 07:32 AM
Lemme guess....132 Hp.

Andy Bettencourt
09-29-2010, 08:20 AM
Lemme guess....132 Hp.

Nope! LOL. Let's just say I was happy with pre-break in numbers. Hopefully more will surface over a few races.

mossaidis
09-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Off topic, anyone need crew Friday/Saturday? I will be sadly... watching and the least I can do is help someone with radio, tires, pressures, etc. Or if someone pays me enough: remove valve stems, pull plug wires, swap kill switch terminals, disable ECUs, etc. :)

raffaelli
09-29-2010, 10:41 AM
So I am one of the few that showed up for the test and tune yesterday. I arrived around 1, sessions started at 12:30. There were not more than 5 cars there and only 2 running the track.

When I pull in I here that there was 90 minutes left in this open session which would make the session end at 2:30. I am thinking that since no cars, open track, take a break, then change to groups or more open track since the test day was to be run till 5:30.

So I swap tires, BS for a bit. About 1:45 I am getting my suit on. One of the workers comes over to me asking if I plan on being on the track today. Told him yes and that I have some shaking down to do and would prefer open sessions for the balance of the day. He said the track will be closing at the end of the session for the day because of a lack of cars. Meaning....the track time I paid for in full will now be cut in half without warning. When another car rolled in, they extended the day till 3. At 3, they packed up and left. Not only didn’t I get the time I paid for to shake down/break in the car (which was very important since I am now sporting a new engine and gear box), but no one said anything to me about a short day at the gate or a credit/refund. It was a too bad for you situation. Going to call the office today to find out about a credit for a future session an d try to remain calm while on the phone. Further this complicates my entry for this weekend.

tdw6974
09-29-2010, 11:20 AM
[Dave< know the feeling! you know your in trouble $$$ when the mechanic comes around the car with the front main harness draped around his neck:D

StephenB
09-29-2010, 11:26 AM
If it's a boy, I'm thinking "Hans Stuck Blethen"
If it's a girl, I'll go with "Stephanie Van Why Funk Blethen"

Both added to my list. :) my "Hans is stuck" at the store since I can't afford a baby and a Hans!

Some trash talking....
Dave... Tim Dugan and I are starting from the back to test our driving skills and ability to pass, want to start with us or are you a wuss and starting from the front?

On a serious note...
Anyone going to the cheif Stewart and asking for a split grid or split start for ITS and ITB? Everyone loved it at the glen and that was a result of my brother and I. I will not be down on Friday... who is going to step up and ask?

Stephen

StephenB
09-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Jake, you are racing the fastest IT7 in the world aren't you? Dan does have the fastest one I have ever scene... can you prove me wrong or are you going to run away like a really tall blond girl did on a blind date with me, afterall you do fit that description :)

Stephen

Tkczecheredflag
09-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Just looked at the entry list - Nice to see Steve Wheeler will make a showing - you go man!

StephenB
09-29-2010, 12:36 PM
I posted this on another thread but figured I would stick it hear as well... does anyone know David perimans contact information? Thanks in advance!

************************************************** ************************************************** ***

No credit cards... no bank cars either! Everyone must where their I love the 80's shirts!

On a more serious note I plan on only racing Saturday afternoon. Does anyone have the contact info on who I need to call to ask for permission to run. Normally if you don't qualify you need permission from the chief Stewart. (Dave Periman) I don't want to drive all the way down and be told " You can't run"

Thanks,
Stephen

PS: wow I am choosing to do 32 laps for 365 bucks plus travel! Yikes! Probably about $20 bucks per lap. Don't tell my wife or her entire family.

Greg Amy
09-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Anyone have an available crew slot? - GA

Ed Funk
09-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Yup, Greg you have PM

Greg Amy
09-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Yup, Greg you have PM
Thanks!

Dano77
09-29-2010, 02:04 PM
I Did Not Put Stephen up to that brutal attack on the fastest RX7 guy we know,other than ME.

Looks like rain tonite and tommorow in NY, Hopefully gonna clear by friday am. Replaceing the Trans on Serges car today in hopes of getting to the other runoffs this weekend.

Dan

gran racing
09-29-2010, 02:48 PM
want to start with us or are you a wuss and starting from the front?
I actually thought about it.

who is going to step up and ask?
Won't be me. :o I already know that you'll be at the front quickly, no need to make it any sooner than need be.

On another note - went to SCDA event today. Yes, I'm back already. Two laps in, visited paddock due to a tire rub. Got that taken care of, had no brakes on front straight. Tried for one more lap but much slower, came into the paddock again. The part where the axle nut should be was no longer there. After numerous calls, finally found a replacement axle. Certainly didn't feel good while out on the track although only had a few laps. Hopefully that changes on Friday.

Dave Zaslow
09-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Twenty, count'em, Twenty ITB cars. 42 cars total in the group, the max at LRP. Now if we can only get those slow ITS cars outta our way. I'll be there Friday AM waiting for the front 16 ITB to take each other out. Yes, stephen, I'd go for a split start. Dave is extremely approachable, so if someone can talk to him Thursday during the tropical storm we would be ahead of the game. If not, let me know on Friday AM after I get there with a copy of the ITB list with signatures saying "I want a split start from the back of the grid".

BaldoniBenazicBlethenCarlsonCurranDuganFordGerundo GleasonGranHubbardMillerMullenPedersenReeceSilverV andenburghWagnerWentworthZaslow

gran racing
09-30-2010, 08:13 AM
Saw that Carlson is now registered. Is Scott really coming back out again? He'll be tough to get in front of and stay there!

I honestly have mixed toughts about split starts at LRP. In one sense it'll allow all ITB drivers to start in the same grouping. In another sense with LRP being so short, there really won't be a significant gap between the two fields and we'll now end up having to get through more ITS cars that we may have otherwise out qualified. I'm fine with either a spit or non-split though.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow, or Sat for those slackers.

dickita15
09-30-2010, 08:35 AM
I always thought that working by slow cars in a faster class with a split start was less of a problem that getting stuck racing with a car with the same lap times or more likely a half second slower but with an advantage to get by at the start.

Greg Amy
09-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Looks like Timmuh's rain dance is working...for qualifying, at least.

Bring your rain tires, kids.

GA

Andy Bettencourt
09-30-2010, 09:08 AM
I agree with Dick. I would think that ITB would have some time to sort itself out before you had to race through the ITS backmarkers. Also, the real problems are the cars that run the smae lap times but in a different way. If you had a 20 second hole, you would not get to those guys...

benspeed
09-30-2010, 11:03 PM
At the track and scoiring free hi speed wifi - SWEET! Its been pouring all day and night. It'll blow out :-)

StephenB
10-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Any idea on how many cars are qualifying in ITB,R,S? I want to come down and start at the back but I can't get ahold of the chief steward and I am concerned that the group is full....

Thanks Ben! Stephen

Jack Hall
10-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Not sure if it matters if ITB is full or not. The track is so wet that morning qualifying is cancelled. Not sure if we will get an afternoon session. There are guys in the left hander pumping water off the track at the moment. Ben Phillips parked in the grass last night and now his motor home and car are sitting in abot 6 inches of water in the A paddock. Fun..

Jeremy Billiel
10-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Not sure if it matters if ITB is full or not. The track is so wet that morning qualifying is cancelled. Not sure if we will get an afternoon session. There are guys in the left hander pumping water off the track at the moment. Ben Phillips parked in the grass last night and now his motor home and car are sitting in abot 6 inches of water in the A paddock. Fun..

Imagine that... LRP still has not fixed the drainage issues. Hopefully Ben's vehicles will be ok

Andy Bettencourt
10-01-2010, 11:29 AM
I am not sure any amount of drainage would help. This rain is crazy and its been coming down for about 10 hours.

Current update: 3:30 go/no-go. If they cancel afternoon session, morning with be quick qual and then shortened race...maybe 15 laps.

StephenB
10-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Wow! This is looking good for me then :) I honestly feel really bad for everyone .... today's rain is probably making it a long miserable day.

Keep those of us at work updated!
Stephen

StephF
10-01-2010, 02:13 PM
So Dan....looks like you got your wish.
No 32 lap races for an "old, fat, out of shape driver" to go through. :D
I can honestly say that it doesn't suck to not be there right this minute....now tomorrow, well that's another story...

JLawton
10-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Group 1 went on track for the first session at 2:15. 17 minutes of qualfying. Kept on raining but they did a great job of getting most of the standing water off the track. I didn't think they would be able to do it.

I can only speak to ITA:

Hawthorn - 1:12.9
Bettencourt - 1:13.3
Lawton - 1:13.6
Klavana - 1:15.x
Benezick - 1:15.x
Fredricks (I think) 1:15.x

Shane was FLYING!!!

Very challenging conditions. If you went off the pavement you were in deep sh*t/water. :blink:

StephF
10-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Tomorrow's gonna be a good one.....:eclipsee_steering:

gran racing
10-01-2010, 07:37 PM
ITB grid:

Dave Z.
Me
Charlie
others really close...couldn't get a copy of the results. Congrats Dave!!

Traffic was extremely tough out there. I even backed waaay off, thought I had plenty of room, but nope. On the other hand there were several drivers who really made an effort to move to the side as faster traffic was coming though.

I had thought replacing the shift bushings would have resolved the problem with me shifting into 4th, but guess not. Multiple missed shifts on no-name and not because I wasn't being careful. I'm in trouble tomorrow unless I can get that figured out. Hopefully it's not the gear box. :(

On a positive note, that session was so much fun!!! I need to move to Seattle so I can do more rain racing. This totally confirms it for me - I'd rather race (the pre-race stuff sucked the big hot dog) in the rain than in the dry. Guess Dave Z would too! lol

Stephen, wish I knew how many cars were there. Sorry. It didn't seem that packed? Any response from the steward?

Jeremy Billiel
10-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Congrats guys! I am bummed I will not be able to watch the great racing tomorrow!

StephenB
10-01-2010, 08:46 PM
I am packing up and coming down! The wife said lets go... you can win the NARRC championship :) Tim Mullan called and let me know that he talked to the chief steward and I am all set. Tim Dugan and I are leaving at 4:30am and we are starting from the back! We heard at one point the grid was going to be set by points... if it was that way Dugan and I would have been pole and off pole for ITB but nope the rain didn't stick and we are back to last! Anyway it should make for some good video :)

See everyone soon
Stephen

gran racing
10-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Last really isn't far back at all in ITB.

StephenB
10-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Last really isn't far back at all in ITB.

How many b cars did you have in qualifying? Did you guys beat up on the s &r cars or is it a split grid? Either way I am going to try and catch you! :)

Have a good night, dream of victory!
Stephen

Greg Amy
10-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Kessler called and said that fewer than half of the Group 1 field qualified, and most that did were SSMs. That means a field of GTL, EP, FP, HP, and STU are all at the back of a field of SSMs (where "there's more at stake").

You bet your ass I'm gonna be there for Race One. Meet you in the tower at 9:20 AM.

GA

73itb
10-02-2010, 08:46 AM
I am not sure any amount of drainage would help. This rain is crazy and its been coming down for about 10 hours.

Current update: 3:30 go/no-go. If they cancel afternoon session, morning with be quick qual and then shortened race...maybe 15 laps.

Local news said 8.5 inches in Falls Village between Thursday and Friday...

StephF
10-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Any updates??????

pfcs
10-02-2010, 03:36 PM
WELL.......??
How'd Charlie make out?
Others?
Anybody home???

JLawton
10-02-2010, 06:11 PM
I only have ITA again. I left before the ITS/ITB/ITR race. I was a little whooped after our race!! :)

I managed to take my third place on the grid to 5th coming out of Big Bend on the first lap!! Tim, Shane, Rick and I hammered on each other for the first 4 or 5 laps letting Andy get away (well, that and the fact he was turning faster times! :D) I finally got my self back in to second, Rick and Tim faded and Shane and I went at it for the rest of the race. Rick ultimately went into the wall on the down hill, Timmy lost it in West Bend and hit the wall on the inside (I think). Both were OK and managed to drive their cars to the trailer although I'm not sure if they had any frame damage.

Final:
Andy - 1:01.6
Me - 1:02.1
Shane - 1:02.0
Steve Fredricks
And I'm not sure who after that.

IT7 - Sheppard
ITC - Funk (Ed)

Lapped traffic was tough. I think we started hitting it in lap 4 of 32!! The Showroom Stock guys seemed to have the toughest time dealing with us as we lapped them...... :rolleyes:

Jeremy Billiel
10-02-2010, 07:28 PM
I only have ITA again. I left before the ITS/ITB/ITR race. I was a little whooped after our race!! :)

I managed to take my third place on the grid to 5th coming out of Big Bend on the first lap!! Tim, Shane, Rick and I hammered on each other for the first 4 or 5 laps letting Andy get away (well, that and the fact he was turning faster times! :D) I finally got my self back in to second, Rick and Tim faded and Shane and I went at it for the rest of the race. Rick ultimately went into the wall on the down hill, Timmy lost it in West Bend and hit the wall on the inside (I think). Both were OK and managed to drive their cars to the trailer although I'm not sure if they had any frame damage.

Final:
Andy - 1:01.6
Me - 1:02.1
Shane - 1:02.0
Steve Fredricks
And I'm not sure who after that.

IT7 - Sheppard
ITC - Funk (Ed)

Lapped traffic was tough. I think we started hitting it in lap 4 of 32!! The Showroom Stock guys seemed to have the toughest time dealing with us as we lapped them...... :rolleyes:

Awesome job guys! :023:

vwzx7
10-02-2010, 10:22 PM
I only have ITA again. I left before the ITS/ITB/ITR race.

I left with about half the ITS/ITB/ITR race left but saw Nimkoff's car being towed into A Paddock with the front end pushed in.

As I left it was:

Driscoll
Henderson
Tiger striped BMW (can't recall his name)
Leverone

Andy Bettencourt
10-02-2010, 10:23 PM
The ITB race was awesome. I was watching the S2000's debut at Lime Rock with Ulfelder behind the wheel. The split start allowed us to see both races. IIRC, Zaslow, Gran and Blethen all led at one point. Great job by all, close racing and a chance to race each other for a while without traffic. Gran winner.

ITR was just as exciting. Nimkoff took off but had an issue and put the car off in the uphill. That left Ben Phillips, Robert Thiele and Ulfelder dicing it up for the ITR win. Ben and Steve went through Big Bend side by side and Ben ended up putting a tire off and falling back. Lap after lap, Steve and Rob swapped spots until the S2000 ended up REALLY wet after a slide put him into the water outside the left-hander. It was a shame it couldn't have played out. Great to watch.

ITS was the Hendo and Driscoll show walking everyone. Rob got the win. Nice job.

Great run group.

Tkczecheredflag
10-02-2010, 10:32 PM
IIRC, Zaslow, Gran and Blethen all led at one point. Great job by all, close racing and a chance to race each other for a while without traffic. Gran winner.

Andy - I think it was John VanDenburg not Bleth

Andy Bettencourt
10-02-2010, 10:41 PM
IIRC, Zaslow, Gran and Blethen all led at one point. Great job by all, close racing and a chance to race each other for a while without traffic. Gran winner.

Andy - I think it was John VanDenburg not Bleth

Thanks Tim! Sorry John - you know how those things are assocoated with the Blethens... Nice job!!!

Magical Trevor
10-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Rick ultimately went into the wall on the down hill, Timmy lost it in West Bend and hit the wall on the inside (I think). Both were OK and managed to drive their cars to the trailer although I'm not sure if they had any frame damage.

Rick's left-rear rotor and wheel decided to "go rogue" after the hub seppuku'd itself at the apex of the Diving Turn in front of us on station 11. That was actually cause for full-course yellow with a rescue from the flatbed. We also got a strange view of Tim's backside after he bounced the car off the outside, drivers' left, tirewall tracking out of West Bend. Thankfully, however, yes-all drivers in all incidents (lots of 'em!) were healthy (if not happy) traveling home. I'd doubt frame damage on those two crashes, but Rob's was quite substantial. Other problems included our very own Chris Rallo losing his left front wheel halfway into the day's first pace lap running STU and a three car get-together near the exit of Big Bend when first-time racer Samantha Silver spun in the wrong place at the wrong time (the other two or three cars finished the race).

StephenB
10-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks Tim! Sorry John - you know how those things are assocoated with the Blethens... Nice job!!!

Yup that was john! Great debut with the Audi! Dugan and I started last and were prepaired to finish 1&2 but little did dugan know you can't try and outbrake gran into big bend then put 2 wheels off and make it out ahead :) sorry Tim... but you did have a great start and probably past 11 or 12 cars in the first 2 laps! I also wasn't prepared as my car decided that after the three hr enduro at nhms the alternator had enough. It litteraly fell apart and after 2 laps I was loosing power :( car felt great and the track was fast, it was lap record weather so I was kinda bummed... I suspect that Dave or john got the record and I heard I actually got down to a 104.2 which I was not expecting, easily had another second if the car was good. (The A6 tires are the way to go in Oct. At LRP)

Great racing and seeing everyone. Sorry I left without saying bye to several of you. My wife looked at me after the end and said I don't feel so well... we should probably get home so we are within 3 hrs. of that hospital! We blitzed out super fast and we are home safe with no special deliveries on the side of the highway :)

Stephen

Tkczecheredflag
10-03-2010, 07:44 AM
First Congrats to Jeff L on his NARRC Championship - Nice job Jeff. Andy B you were hot brother - you checked out pretty quickly leaving Jeff, Shane H and me to battle for the next spots. I got a decent start - jumped from 4th to 2nd at the start - held that for a bit - tried to give Shane room to work as I thought he was a bit quicker than me in the back section of track, also Jeff's motor was pulling down the front straight pretty good. I over cooked in T-1 dropped back to 4th and then around L-16 I decided to back the car into a tire wall at the exit of West Bend just before the bridge - rookie move - I was finding some courage in the back (Uphill and WB) but never picked up a turn in mark at WB, as result , early in, early out, got to the thick rumbles, dropped a wheel, thought I was going to save it and miss the Flagging Station but the rear let go in the dirt and around we went. The other thing that added to the wreck is I was having way to much fun, the car was sliding around pretty good - the track was just a little greasy for me, not sure if any other racers agree. So - got the car going again, finished down 3 laps and posted a decent lap time in the process. Thanks to the Corner Workers at Station 10? the bridge for getting back out to ace and picking up all my parts.

Only got to play with the NARRC drivers for three races this year - had a blast as always. As one former ITA driver said it would be hard to come back to ITA unless it's with a Miata - Andy keeps making a good case for that with his run and win, as well as records falling big time at other tracks.

And now to bench racing, videos and repairs - to bad I was think we would do "The Jerk." Oh well.:happy204::happy204::happy204:

ulfelder
10-03-2010, 08:24 AM
The ITR racing was fantastic - everything I hoped it would be when we built the S2000. Rob N checked out before his unfortunate wreck, but Ben Phillips and I went at it hammer and tongs, and later Rob T and I did the same before I suffered a sloppy (and wet!) spinout exiting the Lefthander. Porsche, BMW, Honda - evenly matched, racing our asses off. Great stuff.

Steve

JLawton
10-03-2010, 08:39 AM
also Jeff's motor was pulling down the front straight pretty good.

Ha! There's where your wrong! I was given a little secret on how to do the Down Hill MUCH faster. I was coming out of the corner 4 mph faster than previously. DL-1 is king! I wish I had video......... And for the fact it would have some good action in the beginning. You and Shane were sliding all over the place.

Sorry about the "off" Tim. That sucks.

gran racing
10-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Andy made his ITA win look all too easy. Great drive and congrats!

My challenges continued during the race weekend. The issue I encountered with attempting to get the car into 4th gear wasn't resolved with new shifter link bushings. Must be something in the transmission. Going out for the race, I wondered how many laps I'd make it before calling it a day and coming into the paddock early and told my sister not to bother making the drive to attend the race.

I owe another huge thanks to Kessler Engineering for getting me out there to the event and for a great car (except tranny that Matt had nothing to do with). It was great actually having someone to help crew and offer support - thanks Jake Gulick! When I came into the paddock, I wasn't even entirely sure what place I finished in. Stupid spin!! I guess between cold tires and maybe I let off the gas caused it? Must be.

I'm already looking forward to next year when the downhill will be a lot less scary using both hands to steer. :D I was bummed with the issues you encountered Stephen, as well as a few other B drivers. Oh, yes Tim, I did include your braking technique demonstration in this video. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Qrg2M6lfU

Andy Bettencourt
10-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Dave - GREAT job, great lines. VERY smooth.

RHallRacing
10-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Nice job Dave!!
Man that season went by fast

StephF
10-04-2010, 06:21 AM
Nice job Dave!!
Man that season went by fast

Boy I'll say! That was the 2011 NARRC runoff's at LRP we just watched!

Ed Funk
10-04-2010, 06:32 AM
What were those special incantations you were using on the transmission? I need to learn those!

Great job! Fun watching you come back up through the field. We were at the downhill and it looked like you were the only one racing on the re-start.

Dave Zaslow
10-04-2010, 07:43 AM
My congratulations to Dave G for a stellar drive and for getting the true split start we wanted, rather than the planned "just line 'em up behind the rest".

My thanks to all of the ITB gang for their friendship and help throughout the year.

Thanks to everyone who put on this event. 31 laps was a great way to end the NARRC season.

To the ITAC, please review the LRP results and add 300 lbs to all ITB Hondas and Audi's. :dead_horse:

DZ

gran racing
10-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Oh, yes! A special thanks to the stewards, starter, grid volunteers, and others for allowing us ITB drivers to hang back a bit, create some space, and receive a bit later flag so we could see the green. This made for a much cleaner start and worked out well. Of course for Jake coming up with the suggestion then approaching them to make it all happen. :happy204:

Rabbit05
10-04-2010, 08:19 AM
First off I want to say it was awesome to be back !

Congrats to Dave G on the win. That car was hooked up and flying! And thanks to Dave Z for a really FUN time ! I had a blast out there racing with you. It was a great result for my first race back after a 4 year "break". And yes I totally fell asleep on the restart. I blew that one completely, and thats when Dave G checked out.

I just have to do some more work on the suspension. Really, this race was to get a ballpark feel for the new car. Now I got some decisions to make. I was going to build a new Audi Coupe..with the race bits from the current car...but now..i dunno about that. :D

Dave Z,
How about just 300 lbs to the Hondas...? :rolleyes:

Ed Funk
10-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Boy I'll say! That was the 2011 NARRC runoff's at LRP we just watched!

:shrug:Huh?

Dano77
10-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Need to say sorry to Dan Deyo in the Escort. Didnt mean to scare him onto the break pedal, Thought it would help him past the RX7 if he had a spare Rotary pushing him. HMMM he didnt see it that way. West bend started coming up quick. Sorry Dude.

I was gonna talk to you in impound but you didnt look to pleased with me,so I left it alone. Shold have found you later and dropped the ball.

Dan 77 IT7

ulfelder
10-04-2010, 12:13 PM
This is how my race ended. :shrug:

lawtonglenn
10-04-2010, 12:19 PM

anyone have a copy of the provisional (or final) results for the ITR/S/B race?

when I left it still said "VERY PROVISIONAL" on it and there were no copies

mossaidis
10-04-2010, 12:26 PM

Hey, you didn't win, but that photo is awesome! That's poster making material right there... is the original high-quality enough to make into a large poster?

For everyone else at NARRC-offs, good job by everyone! Big thanks to Andy for letting me 'crew' (cough)... though helping out at tech was good fun too chewing the fat with Rich and co, and "tGA" again. It's good to hear that top 5-6 ITA got equal attention during and after the race especially on top of FOM rig - big respect there by those guys... hats off. Chris R, it was great meeting you in person... welcome back man and gl with 240SX.

Big congrats to Jeff and others for taking NARRC champs. Until next season... or VIR... or Sebring. :)

StephF
10-04-2010, 01:06 PM
:shrug:Huh?

Look at the title on the vid. Labeled 2011 NARRC runoff.

Ed Funk
10-04-2010, 01:10 PM
...uh, oh, sorry Dear!!

gran racing
10-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Whaaaa? You don't believe in predictions? LOL

Tim Dugan
10-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Well special thanks to all workers they did an awsome job!!! And another thanks to Dave for showing everybody yes im still a rookie over and over but dont think that will haappen again! Or at least this year. Hope everybody has a great off season im already looking forward to next year. Thanks for all the great racing! And a special thanks to the Blethens for all there support. boy i did a lot of special thanking. LOL :dead_horse:

wepsbee
10-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Need to say sorry to Dan Deyo in the Escort. Didnt mean to scare him onto the break pedal, Thought it would help him past the RX7 if he had a spare Rotary pushing him. HMMM he didnt see it that way. West bend started coming up quick. Sorry Dude.

I was gonna talk to you in impound but you didnt look to pleased with me,so I left it alone. Shold have found you later and dropped the ball.

Dan 77 IT7

Hey we should talk! You are anticipating an issue that does not exist. There is the distinct possibility that something happened that I was unaware of, if so please clue me in. I had a great race that day and had few problems with anyone. I finished mid pack which is great. Although I did actually find West Bend a little slippery most of the time I did feel it was my tires.
PM me when you get a sec.:)

lateapex911
10-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Hey we should talk! You are anticipating an issue that does not exist. .....:)

No, he probably has good reason, he deals with many 'issues", LOL. Just ask his lovely wife. :D

lateapex911
10-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Just curious, ITB guys, how did the 'split grid...with a gap" start work out? From the tower, it looked like a big success, and a minimum of ITS/ITB inter racing. True? False?

benspeed
10-04-2010, 08:27 PM

Hey - you drove a great race! Awesome pic. Had a blast running with all the ITR guys. Feel bad that Rob R sustained such heavy damage on his car - not sure what happened but he had major front end damage from hitting the wall at the uphill. Still no sub minute record for IT at LRP during a race....

Not my best drive, spun and lost 10 spots and had to push to get back into the top five, but was mostly helped by other folks misfortune, less my driving. I gotta get a test day in at LRP. It is one tricky place to go fast and I need knock the rust off my racing lines.

The event was very well run and much less carnage than usual at LRP I thought. Best part of the weekend was qualifying well in the rain - sure makes it fun when the proper tires are on the car!

lawtonglenn
10-04-2010, 08:33 PM

my NARRCoffs Racegroup 8 Video is up

Highlights:

Lap 1, Big Bend, I get underneath Rob Thiele for 6th OA
Lap 3, Left Hander, I get inside Ben Phillips for 5th OA
Lap 7, Front Straight, I outbrake Steve Ulfelder for a position
Lap 8, Big Bend, Ben Phillips (in mirror) spins off
Lap 23, Left Hander, Steve Ulfelder big SPLASH! (very cool)

http://vimeo.com/lawtonglenn (http://vimeo.com/lawtonglenn)

remember, if the video is choppy due to a slow PC or connection
cycle the "HD" off

gran racing
10-04-2010, 08:44 PM
It worked out great. Not quite as good as a true split start, but MUCH better than the split grid it would have been. Although we need to get Dave Z. some stronger glasses. :o I was a bit confused as to why he didn't start, even backed off and waved to him LOL, then said forget it, I'm going! Yes, I do have that on video too. Kinda wondered if there was a misunderstanding of our gentleman's agreement.

The uphill sure was slippery after Rob's off. Was that antifreeze or oil? Grant and Eileen yelled at me for my "weird line" in the uphill and missing the dirt at the top. :shrug: What an awesome couple who enjoy flagging together.

RHallRacing
10-04-2010, 09:27 PM
I think it was just "Mung Juice". After he hit, all the water and whatever else was in the tire wall came spilling out.

lateapex911
10-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Some thought the track was slippery, and that it wasn't "record conditions". I suppose that the first few groups were on a pretty green track, but by the ITS/ITB group, nobody had oiled it, and there was enough rubber to approach the B record. Dave, you missed it by a tenth or so, right? Rick Pocock has held that since the dawn of time, I think!?

Magical Trevor
10-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Jake, it was certainly ready by Group 5! The track's overall record for the original configuration was lowered for the first time in 22 years by Paul Lecain in his Ralt to 46.3XX seconds!

Andy Bettencourt
10-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Jake, it was certainly ready by Group 5! The track's overall record for the original configuration was lowered for the first time in 22 years by Paul Lecain in his Ralt to 46.3XX seconds!

I thought the track wasn't exceptionally grippy. Last years qualifier I felt like I could do the downhill flat, no way this time.

As to Paul, he was so visually fast in the warm up, I put a clock on him. He was running 46.6's at 9:30am on the green track. It was amazing.

lateapex911
10-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Andy, the reason you can't do the downhill flat can't be blamed on the track, it's because your new horse under the hood squirts you out of West bend faster!

I thought the overall record was lower? held by the Toyota GTP 2ltr? Driven by, Jaun Fangio!!(???)

Magical Trevor
10-05-2010, 01:00 AM
Any, the reason you can't do the downhill plat can't be blamed on the track, it's because your new horse under the hood squirts you out of West bend faster!

I thought the overall record was lower? held by the Toyota GTP 2ltr? Driven by, Jaun Fangio!!(???)
The two Gurney AAR Toyota Eagle lap times in the 43's run in '92 and '93 by Davy and P.J. Jones (no relation) were set on the 1.54 mile track with the original Chicane, not on the regular layout (where you could probably subtract yet another second at least-but, alas, they'll never get the chance to run it). Fangio II was a co-driver in '93 I think.

gran racing
10-05-2010, 07:46 AM
by the ITS/ITB group, nobody had oiled it, and there was enough rubber to approach the B record.

Prior to Rob's incident, the track was good and the B record could have easily fallen under the right circumstances.

How quickly are the mylaps results typical up?

lawtonglenn
10-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Lap 1, Big Bend, I get underneath Rob Thiele for 6th OA
Lap 3, Left Hander, I get inside Ben Phillips for 5th OA
Lap 7, Front Straight, I outbrake Steve Ulfelder for a position
Lap 8, Big Bend, Ben Phillips (in mirror) spins off
Lap 23, Left Hander, Steve Ulfelder big SPLASH! (very cool)

http://vimeo.com/lawtonglenn (http://vimeo.com/lawtonglenn)

remember, if the video is choppy due to a slow PC or connection
cycle the "HD" off

no comments yet on Steve Ulfelder's SPLASH?....it's pretty cool

Rabbit05
10-05-2010, 09:52 AM
What is the ITB Track record at Lime Rock ? I thought it was 1:03:3 ?

I though the track was good..I couldn't see much going into the uphill or much on the back straight without shielding the sun. I stuck around to get a final sheet ... Dave G was a flyin !

And as far as the true split start , I had no idea we were doing it until we got on track. I though it was pretty cool. :023:

gran racing
10-05-2010, 10:42 AM
1:03.314 is the B record.

I won't be shocked to see an ITB car dip into the high 2s. For that matter, Eric Curren took Paul's car into 1:02s after a few laps a couple of years ago.

StephF
10-05-2010, 12:58 PM
no comments yet on Steve Ulfelder's SPLASH?....it's pretty cool

I know it's wrong to laugh, but damn! He's probably STILL wringing water out of his shorts!

lateapex911
10-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Eric Curren took Paul's carinto 1:02s .....

What is that? A Carrera with a Pinto motor?

gran racing
10-05-2010, 02:01 PM
LOL! Added a space between words.

benspeed
10-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Glen - as always - AWESOME VIDEO!!! Super good quality, great race

lawtonglenn
10-05-2010, 09:07 PM
thanks Ben... I had a blast with you, Steve and Rob!

RSTPerformance
10-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Dave & Glenn- Great driving!!! Looks like I missed some great racing, can't wait to see what next year brings!!!

Glenn- You forgot to mention a highlight in T1 Lap 1... BMW's crash into each other again!!! I think one of those 4 guys always crashes into someone or something, I wonder what they spend in a year to keep those cars so fast and so good looking :) It is very fustrating when your the target but I have to admit it makes for some interesting racing.

Raymond

RSTPerformance
10-05-2010, 11:22 PM
John- Great to see you up at the front in no time with the Audi, your experience at Lime Rock certainly shows! I know that your sucess is not all car and has a lot to do with your driving,,, Its a fun car to drive, so long as you are willing to push it! What did you get down to for lap times?

Raymond

StephenB
10-06-2010, 06:38 AM
John- Great to see you up at the front in no time with the Audi, your experience at Lime Rock certainly shows! I know that your sucess is not all car and has a lot to do with your driving,,, Its a fun car to drive, so long as you are willing to push it! What did you get down to for lap times?

Raymond

I think he went faster than you have ever been but slower than me :) yup that's a little slap in the face that your slower than me!

Stephen
(That's a jab at Raymond not John... john you kicked but for the first time out!)

gran racing
10-06-2010, 07:50 AM
So I take it no baby yet? I was wondering if Steph had the little one right after the weekend.

Rabbit05
10-06-2010, 08:40 AM
I think he went faster than you have ever been but slower than me :) yup that's a little slap in the face that your slower than me!

Stephen
(That's a jab at Raymond not John... john you kicked but for the first time out!)

Raymond/Stephen,
It was really fun being back out there racing again. And I love the fact that the track is so smooth now. I made some mistakes here and there , making corrections as I went. I was using a lot from memory ,some of the old "landmarks" aren't there anymore. But i figure to just let it fly this weekend and see where I wound up.:eclipsee_steering:

The Coupe is a fantastic car, it needs a bit of work though. Get the front end to stick a bit more. And I want a bigger bar for the rear , and take the junk yard motor out of it and rebuild it. It'll be a busy winter.

My best time was a 1:04:3..which was way better than I had hoped to get out of this weekend. And I want to thank you guys for giving me some tips and hints about th Audi's. The info is invaluable !

I got thinking, since I have an extra caged shell, I could possibly talk my TWIN brother into racing too. (LOL!) We could have a mini Audi-fest ....:023:

dazzlesa
10-06-2010, 11:12 AM
It was fun running the ITA car again. it is nice to have the horsepower in comparison to the B car. more dry laps were definatly needed to get up 2 speed. andy was in a class by himself. jeff and shane were driving like wild men tryin to pass tim. the lap cars added to crazy racin. as for the crash, change and inspect those hubs regularly. surface rust shows the crack was there and looking for a time and place to snap off. quite violant and scary until the car was stopped in the tire wall. everything thing did its job. the factory rear tire holder snapped off from the impact so bolts through the floor is in order.

Dave Zaslow
10-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Results are up on mylaps.

DZ

CRallo
10-08-2010, 04:09 PM
First off, it was AWESOME to be back! This was my first race weekend with our "new" ITA 240sx...

As some of you know, the weekend was a bit up and down, but I am overall pretty pleased... The rain on Friday made things pretty interesting, especially given what happened last time I drove a Nissan in the rain! That said, it turned out well and I qualified 7th(but .4 secs out of 4th) my first time ever qualifying the car and the first time driving the car in the rain.

Didn't really make the STU race due to a rookie mistake on my part, but learned my lesson for sure!

As far as the ITA race went, I did well on the start and held my position against stiff competition... until the car dropped a cylinder! :/ I had just tagged the rev limiter stretching a gear between corners so I was freaking out "OMG, what did I do?!" Oil pressure was good, temp was good, there was no smoke coming out the back... no bad noises... I had gotten one of my friends a weekend membership for just such an occasion, so I took a trip down pit lane and she hopped over the wall to check things out. She popped the hood and checked the plug wires and injector plugs. The quick search revealed an injector plug loose which she quickly reattached, then slammed to hood and jumped out of the way!

I was now down a lap so from there on out it was just a battle for track position and againt the clock. I drove smooth and concentrated on being consistant, while very slowly building some speed. I worked down through the 1:06's and most of the 5's to a slow comfortable 1:05.3 on the last lap, which I am pretty content with :)

Andy, Jeff, Shane and company looked great coming around! You guys must have had a hell of a race!

I was saddened to see Rick fall victim to a broken hub! :(

Over the course of the weekend I got to put some names to faces and vis-a-verse. Mickey, Dan, Denise and more included, it was good to meet you all!

The workers were awesome as usual, although I would have rather met a couple of them differently... lol

I had a few friends come out to see the races and help out, two of which are photgraphers and they got some great shots! I'll post a few of the good ones...

Overall I am happy with the solid finish and excited to have gotten a few friends interested in the sport!

Thanks to everyone that helped me get to the track and while I was there!

BruceG
10-08-2010, 04:50 PM
First off, it was AWESOME to be back! This was my first race weekend with our "new" ITA 240sx...

As some of you know, the weekend was a bit up and down, but I am overall pretty pleased... The rain on Friday made things pretty interesting, especially given what happened last time I drove a Nissan in the rain! That said, it turned out well and I qualified 7th(but .4 secs out of 4th) my first time ever qualifying the car and the first time driving the car in the rain.

Didn't really make the STU race due to a rookie mistake on my part, but learned my lesson for sure!

I did well on the start and held my position against stiff competition... until the car dropped a cylinder! :/ I had just tagged the rev limiter stretching a gear between corners so I was freaking out "OMG, what did I do?!" Oil pressure was good, temp was good, there was no smoke coming out the back... no bad noises... I had gotten one of my friends a weekend membership for just such an occasion, so I took a trip down pit lane and she hopped over the wall to check things out. She popped the hood and checked the plug wires and injector plugs. The quick search revealed an injector plug loose which she quickly reattached, then slammed to hood and jumped out of the way!

I was now down a lap so from there on out it was just a battle for track position and againt the clock. I drove smooth and concentrated on being consistant, while very slowly building some speed. I worked down through the 1:06's and most of the 5's to a slow comfortable 1:05.3 on the last lap, which I am pretty content with :)

Andy, Jeff, Shane and company looked great coming around! You guys must have had a hell of a race!

I was saddened to see Rick fall victim to a broken hub! :(

Over the course of the weekend I got to put some names to faces and vis-a-verse. Mickey, Dan, Denise and more included, it was good to meet you all!

The workers were awesome as usual, although I would have rather met a couple of them differently... lol

I had a few friends come out to see the races and help out, two of which are photgraphers and they got some great shots! I'll post a few of the good ones...

Overall I am happy with the solid finish and excited to have gotten a few friends interested in the sport!

Thanks to everyone that helped me get to the track and while I was there!

Chris...We towed you in during STU with the flatbed and pulled Rick off the tirewall at 11, as well. Sorry that both of you had problems!Tech was filling up with the crashes all day.

gran racing
10-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Tim, just saw the final NARRC points. Can't believe you actually made me feel a little bit guilty there. <_< lol

JLawton
10-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Anyone know why there were two DQ's in group four?

Tim Dugan
10-10-2010, 04:20 PM
dave - i was in 3rd befor the race and after my steller performance in BB i went to 6th oh well rookie mistake number 1 gonna hit it hard next year. :026:

JLawton
10-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Who's the #22 (or is it #24) white IT7 (too lazy to look it up) that was putting his nose into the back of the SS Honda? I have some GREAT pictures of it!!

Unfortunatley I had to do the same thing............

Andy Bettencourt
10-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Anyone know why there were two DQ's in group four?

Where are you seeing this?

CRallo
10-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Chris...We towed you in during STU with the flatbed and pulled Rick off the tirewall at 11, as well. Sorry that both of you had problems!Tech was filling up with the crashes all day.

My issue was self induced, don't be sorry! lol You were on the wrecker? Damn, I guess I missed the chance to put a face to the name :/ but thanks for the help!

Tkczecheredflag
10-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Who's the #22 (or is it #24) white IT7 (too lazy to look it up) that was putting his nose into the back of the SS Honda? I have some GREAT pictures of it!!

The white RX 7 #22 is Madison. He is returning to racing after a long lay off. Used to run a Black ITA RX7 back in the day. Good driver but seemed to have a very loose racecar - He just purchased not long ago and is still sorting it out - I have video in Big Bend gettin "big" loose sideways in the early laps and re-entering after T-2 following another off as well.

CRallo
10-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Didn't get video from my race, as usual in my life, but I did get some awesome pictures taken by a friend who is a photgrapher.

These are from the first day which was very wet, but the sun came out at the end of the day just in time for an awesome sunset!

pictures courtesy of Samantha Mauro who can be found at www.samanthamauro.com
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs148.ash2/40763_10150281702835291_557045290_15120653_7287432 _n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs022.snc4/33463_10150281702475291_557045290_15120649_4324165 _n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs785.snc4/66511_10150281758520291_557045290_15121719_5431491 _n.jpg

M.Bolden
10-14-2010, 01:18 AM

The white RX 7 #22 is Madison. He is returning to racing after a long lay off. Used to run a Black ITA RX7 back in the day. Good driver but seemed to have a very loose racecar - He just purchased not long ago and is still sorting it out - I have video in Big Bend gettin "big" loose sideways in the early laps and re-entering after T-2 following another off as well.

Jeff, Tim is right, I was driving the #22 white RX7. I had to start from the back after choosing not qualify in the rain Friday. Got off to a good start making my way through traffic, until Lap 2, when I got tapped in the right rear exiting Big Bend and sent spinning off drivers right. Lost a couple laps stuck off course until the corners workers gave me a push (Big Thanks to the corner workers!!) Got back underway and the car handled well. With the leaders bearing down on me, I made a downshifting/braking mistakes entering Big Bend, which caused the "big" loose sideways that Tim was referring to. I did have to loosen up the blue SSC Honda to get by. If you could e-mail the pictures, I would appreciate it. Looking forward to next season.