PDA

View Full Version : license question

monsterbronco
08-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Ok so this may be a dumb question but cant seem to find the information at the moment.

So between moving to a new city, buying a house, and blowing the motor on a test day. i have yet to compete in an event this year. I am hoping to be able to get out in October for an event. So the question. is there a minimum number of events required to keep a regional license current? if its more then 1 can I appeal for extenuating circumstances?

thanks for the help!

Wes

CRallo
08-30-2010, 12:23 PM
You need two regional races. Double weekends count cuz they have two Sanction numbers.

If not a double, you could double up and run STU or the like...

or contact your division's licensing rep about a waiver.

jumbojimbo
08-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Also, license expires with your membership, not at year end.

monsterbronco
08-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Chris, thanks thats what i though i remembered reading i just couldnt find it again.

Jim, good reminder! thanks

seckerich
08-30-2010, 01:43 PM
With the economy the way it is they will waive your license. If you have any problems drop me a PM.

RacerBill
08-30-2010, 01:49 PM
You need two regional races. Double weekends count cuz they have two Sanction numbers.

If not a double, you could double up and run STU or the like...

or contact your division's licensing rep about a waiver.

Chris: The two finishes must have unique sanction numbers, two races under one sanction number counts as only one.

However, at least in Great Lakes Division, they are trying to keep drivers active and are very understanding.

monsterbronco
08-30-2010, 02:10 PM
ok follow up question then.

I raced last year in Ohio. Im registered with NE-Ohio.

I moved to Philadelphia this year.

So which region would i request the wavier through?

thanks for the help everyone!

Wes

dickita15
08-30-2010, 02:49 PM
You apply for a license waiver in the division you belong to. In other words if you change you region of record to one in NeDiv you apply there if you remain a member of NeOhio you apply in GreatLakes. They do not care where you live only your region of record.

Z3_GoCar
08-30-2010, 03:48 PM
As an aside, if you're still racing on your novice book you have two years to upgrade to a regional license. You then can convert to a regional and have an additional year to get a race. After that you'll need to apply for a waiver.

monsterbronco
08-30-2010, 04:20 PM
you guys are always helpful!

Thanks
Wes