PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Test and Tune?

Jim Royal
07-29-2010, 10:01 PM
How do we register for the twilight T&T, I can't figure out the Mid-O website. Can we register @ the track? Also, is it still $150 Thanks,
Jim Royal

R2 Racing
07-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Jim,
You can just register at that track; that's what I always do. Just go up to the 2nd floor of the Goodyear tower, and there should be a nice lady in there to help you get signed up. The price should still be $150, and she'll give you a sticker/wristband for you and your car. I'd generally say you should get registered by about 3:30 or so, and there will be a drivers meeting at the base of the tower sometime before the sessions start - they'll make announcements about that.

jumbojimbo
08-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Sadly, not so much. Registration day of was $195. Blah blah blah what the market will bear. Important note for next year.

R2 Racing
08-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah, that was a new "treat" from Mid Ohio. That pissed off a lot of people, as it wasn't stated ANYWHERE that the price would increase for night of "walk-up" registrations. Sorry to mislead; I had no idea they were going to do that, and they've never done it before (as far as I know).

TAC
08-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Yeah, that was a new "treat" from Mid Ohio. That pissed off a lot of people, as it wasn't stated ANYWHERE that the price would increase for night of "walk-up" registrations. Sorry to mislead; I had no idea they were going to do that, and they've never done it before (as far as I know).

I did talk to Adam Fisher with the track Sunday afternoon about this very subject. He was unaware that a late fee had been added and that the scheduled practice starts from the Pro stand did not happen. As I expressed to him its hard for Cincy region or any other to promote a T & T and then have surprises added. He said a review of the weekend will happen today or tomorrow and he is curious to see what the school folks have to report. This has been a very successful event for them before with 68 cars participating last year. I don't know how the extra fee was justified but I think it may have hurt attendance. All in all a bad PR move. I do want to thank the instructors for making sure everyone knew that the decisions made were not made by Cincinnati Region and that were not in any way involved with the T & T besides helping to promote it.

Todd