PDA

View Full Version : Barber Registration Open

chuck baader
07-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Copy and paste link...CB

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/EC5583C0-9EA7-608A-A56010743AF616E0

Hotshoe
07-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks Chuck......... you better hurry up:D

Butch Kummer
07-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Chuck posted it first, but here is what I WOULD have posted had I not been saving the world at the SEDiv Mid-Year meeting on Satuday. :rolleyes:

= = = = = = = =

Registration is now open for the Alabama/Atlanta Region Double SARRC / Pro-IT at Barber Motorsports Park the weekend of Sept 3-5. Friday is an SCCA-sanctioned Test Day with both full day ($250) and afternoon-only ($150) registration available. Pro-IT qualifying is Saturday with the race on Sunday while SARRC groups will have separate qualifying & races each day.

Links to the event Supps, Schedule(s), and on-line registration system are available at www.AtlantaSCCA.org (http://www.AtlantaSCCA.org). I know actually reading the Supps is contrary to most racer's nature, but PLEASE read them as Barber has some unique restrictions compared to other track in SEDiv.

Hope to see y'all there...

Butch Kummer
07-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Two things I forgot to mention:

1. We removed the "you hit it, you bought it" clause from the Supps. Last year we found out SCCA insurance DOES in fact cover the guard rail, so we are no longer holding the driver's responsible for that. If you repeatedly plow up the grass by cutting apexes, however, the track might sent you a bill for greens fees.

2. In the past we've faced a shortage of paddock space by Saturday morning, so this year we're going to limit spectator and crew parking to the upper level of the paddock. Similar to VIR, you'll get a sticker for your support vehicle. Hopefully this will allow things to be a bit more organized and folks won't have to park on the entrance road.

See ya...

tbtapper
07-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Butch, any idea what the power charge will be. Last year it was $75 for the weekend which seems steep to me given what other tracks charge.

JeffYoung
07-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Welcome to Barber.....

Miata49
07-28-2010, 06:31 PM
I think it is still $25 per day. I agree with Jeff, welcome to Barber.

FV90
07-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Butch, I know of some Goodyear tires in Texas that someone wants you to buy :dead_horse:

Hotshoe
08-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Butch, I know of some Goodyear tires in Texas that someone wants you to buy :dead_horse:

Sure would be nice if someone here was to know Don Batson (Improved Touring name: roadracer ) from Austin. He listed two sets of Toyos on here for sale. I bought them, sent a check, and never received the tires:(

JeffYoung
08-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Dang, sorry to hear that Ricky.

pballance
08-23-2010, 10:28 AM
To the top, We have got 9 in ITS, 4 ITR, 8 ITA, 4 IT7, 2 ITB, 5 ITC

Looks like a good weekend for IT. Come join us. :happy204:

chuck baader
08-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Comeon ITA guys....If I can build a new car in 4 weeks, you can show up to race. Still a pussy, Hoppe? Chuck

Charles Perry
08-24-2010, 08:46 AM
No motor for me, I really wanted to run. Maybe next year.

Hotshoe
08-24-2010, 09:38 PM
No motor for me, I really wanted to run. Maybe next year.

I towed in a Datsun stationwagon with a good motor in it.....interested?

...Does anybody know what time the gate will be closing on Thursday night?

Hotshoe
08-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Come on ITA guys....If I can build a new car in 4 weeks, you can show up to race.

.... Tell me how you are going to pull off the feat of driving two cars in the same race. I just checked registration and saw you are listed twice in ITA ....:cavallo:

chuck baader
08-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Actually, 28 days and car is ready to hit the track.....I hope. Steve Patterson and I both confused MoReg with our entries...just hope we don't get charged twice!!! CB

Butch Kummer
09-02-2010, 09:40 AM
While we’d certainly prefer that you join us at the track this weekend, you can also follow the action at Barber Motorsports Park via links at www.AtlantaSCCA.org (http://www.atlantascca.org/). Choose the link appropriate to your device (PC, iPhone, etc.) and you’ll be able to “see” what’s happening on the track on both Saturday and Sunday. You can also find the weekend schedule on the Atlanta Region website, but qualifying starts around 8:00 CDT on both Saturday and Sunday. Put some old tire shavings and a little oil in the incense burner and it’ll be almost like being there! :rolleyes:

Assuming this works like we think it should, we’ll be providing the same functionality for the ARRC by GRM at Road Atlanta the weekend of Nov. 5-7.

See ya…

trhoppe
09-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Comeon ITA guys....If I can build a new car in 4 weeks, you can show up to race. Still a pussy, Hoppe? Chuck
I've become smarter :happy204:

I'm spending my weekend racing mountain bikes in the North Georgia mountains. You guys have fun and good luck!

-Tom

Charles Perry
09-07-2010, 09:18 AM
So results in ITS??

pballance
09-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Full results are up on mylaps.

Here are Sunday's ITS

Andrew Von Charbonneau

Chuck Hines

Harold Corbin

Russ McBride

Brent Milner

Paul Ballance

AVC just checked out both days. VERY FAST!! Chuck B was strutting the 26 day Bimmer to lead A both days. 10 in ITA both days, 7 in ITS and more than a few IT-7 cars

I was dog slow both days. I was too rusty and having to re-learn the car with the change of welded vs. quaife. Car was sticking in places it had never stuck before, I was over braking but got a little better Sunday. I qualified at 2:03 Saturday and dropped to 1:55 by the end of the race. I need seat time to re-learn the car with the changes I have made.

Great Weather, good friends, good racing made for a great weekend, even if I was slow.......

Charles Perry
09-07-2010, 01:49 PM
thanks Paul, sounds like everyone had a good time.
I really wanted to be there, next year for sure.
Charles