PDA

View Full Version : August race at MidAmerica?

Brettt
07-15-2010, 03:39 PM
I was just wondering how many people who frequent this forum are planning on going to the race at MAM this August 14-15. I'll be there for sure with the Sentra lookin to break 1:50s. Got the new suspension setup goin and it feels faster, not sure what the times will say, though!

-Cheers

tnord
07-15-2010, 05:48 PM
I'll be there Brett. Brian Landers in the yellow miata will be there as well...not sure who else from KC.

i'll be there for the afternoon portion of the test day as well....hoping to break into 46s if the weather is right. ;)

Ralf
07-15-2010, 08:18 PM
I'll be there if I get my car back from the shop in time so that I can start working on it. :blink:

Gary L
07-15-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm planning on being there with the Volvo. That is, if I figure out why it has an unintended drop-one-cylinder 6500 rpm rev limiter. And if I get at least one gearbox rebuilt. And if I figure out why I've lost a bunch of compression on #3 cylinder. And if I don't break something else major at St. Louis.

type r rocket
07-16-2010, 09:24 AM
We need all of you to get out to the track,weather is going to be perfect,friday night party in Mazdaville,all are welcome,food and beer(pop) provided.Come on out and have some fun.

Dave V

type r rocket
07-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Oh and some dude from Texas is bringing up a 1999 ITE Miata with a 340 horse Corvette motor.Who here does not want to witness that!!!!!!

JIgou
07-16-2010, 11:19 AM
I'll be there Brett. Brian Landers in the yellow miata will be there as well...not sure who else from KC.

i'll be there for the afternoon portion of the test day as well....hoping to break into 46s if the weather is right. ;)

Don't hold your breath, Golf Boy. We're talking the midwest in August.

Boneless chops again in Mazdaville (nice change to the name, Dave!)

tnord
07-16-2010, 01:49 PM
yeah, but comparing data with you should yield me 2s/lap......right?

PSherm
07-16-2010, 08:01 PM
...hoping to break into 46s for 9 holes if the weather is right. ;)

Fixed it for you Travis... :D

Dave and I *might* make it. Budget is tight and I think the engine is going soft. :(

tnord
07-16-2010, 11:07 PM
46s for 9?!?!? that's terrible! i had a 39 a week ago! :D

fiero14
07-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Just registered. Haven't driven the track yet (ever), will try to stay out of Travis's way...

'88 Fiero ITA

Lael Cleland
07-18-2010, 10:17 PM
I rented my miata to Ron, it will runnin ITA, big Dave's engine will be finished this week, trans next week....... I have to start allover on a cyl head for my rabbit, but have a 100K mile head if it isn't finished!

There is a carnival? I know there will be a dunk tank, and LOTS of squirt guns!

KelleyHux
07-25-2010, 12:39 PM
See other thread for invitation to register. I'm a little late getting the notices out.

Glad to see that didn't stop many of you from registering ... remember, if you don't register, the late fee applies at the track ... so, please register early and often!

Thanks,
Kelley Huxtable
MVRG Registrar
DMVR

tnord
08-05-2010, 11:30 PM
23 in the IT group and 11 ITA so far. i know of at least one other ITA car yet to register.....should be a fun weekend.

Ralf
08-06-2010, 06:20 AM
And currently there are more VW's in group 6 then there are Miata's. :happy204:

Gary L
08-06-2010, 06:50 AM
Holy crap! Seven VW's against a lone 40 year-old Volvo? There is obviously conspiracy afoot in ITB. :)

Eight ITB cars. I just can't believe it.

Cool!

Squared!

tnord
08-06-2010, 09:29 AM
i can't believe it either. i've never seen so many ITB cars in MiDiv, Chuck Hemmingson and Albin always have a good race there, and now Gary is coming too?

i hate me some VW (except to draft off of when lapping :D ), but i'm very glad to see so many of them out.

tnord
08-06-2010, 01:47 PM
i think all of us need to talk to the race chair/stewards about combining the formula car groups and moving IT up one, or flipping IT and the FV/FF/500 group.

this is just getting silly that we're always last.

brprok81
08-06-2010, 04:08 PM
i think all of us need to talk to the race chair/stewards about combining the formula car groups and moving IT up one, or flipping IT and the FV/FF/500 group.

this is just getting silly that we're always last.

Travis,

Your options for this weekend are pretty limited at this point. The National must have 5 race groups per the GCR, so combining the open wheel groups can't happen unless they split one of the other National groups. The only way that a race group can be moved forward is by getting the stewards to agree to it and get all of the competitors in your race group to agree to it.

I would recommend talking to the race organizers and asking them to rotate the groups from race to race in the future. We try to do this in St. Louis so that the same group is not always running last or first.

I am sure this race group is going to put on a fun show for us corner workers next weekend. I am definitely looking forward to it.

tnord
08-06-2010, 04:13 PM
when i was younger and single i didn't really care about being last group and getting home late. but now being married, having a more demanding job to go to on monday morning, and just generally having more shit to do....being last group at MAM every single effing time is growing quite irksome.

since our division can't seem to get their collective scheduling shit together so events don't fall one after the other, KNOWING i'm going to be last group at MAM, but being *not last* somewhere else makes those other events more appealing.

and then there's the paddock. think they'll tell us for the 6th straight year that it'll be fixed before the next event? :D

Ralf
08-06-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm just hoping that I'm through 13 before the green waves. Last time at MAM, we were already at race speed just to keep up with you guys up front. That pace car was moving!

Gary L
08-08-2010, 07:39 AM
....being last group at MAM every single effing time is growing quite irksome.

I have to agree... with a 340 mile tow staring me in the face when I pull out of there on Sunday, it would be nice to be able to start before 5 pm just once. We (the IT run group) should have a voice, given the fact we're almost a third of the entry list.

tnord
08-08-2010, 07:04 PM
if it's going to be as hot next weekend as has been here in KC for oh, i dunno, the last 2 months? i'm out. 114 is not fun for doing anything, especially when our race will be ~330/4pm.

Gary L
08-09-2010, 07:20 AM
All of the long range forecasts are promising - upper 80's on saturday, mid 80's on sunday, 30% chance of rain both days.

type r rocket
08-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Travis the weather is going to great,most of the humidity will be gone by Friday and if we can hold off on any rain it will be a great weekend.And I would love to combine the open car groups.Yes for me.Compared to the first two races the turn out for this event looks pretty good.

shwah
08-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Nice B turnout. What kind of tow is this from Chicago area? If I get my car back together in time, this might be a better event to hit than M-O.

tnord
08-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Travis the weather is going to great,most of the humidity will be gone by Friday and if we can hold off on any rain it will be a great weekend.And I would love to combine the open car groups.Yes for me.Compared to the first two races the turn out for this event looks pretty good.

fantastic. it was 114 here yesterday, supposed to be about the same all week, and has been in the 105-120 range for about the past 6 weeks.

mid 80's sounds like winter. except i don't have any rain tires.

Chris - google maps says the track is ~8hrs from Chicago.

JIgou
08-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Nice B turnout. What kind of tow is this from Chicago area? If I get my car back together in time, this might be a better event to hit than M-O.

Chris, it's very simple for you: go west on I-80, take I-29 south from Omaha / Council Bluffs about 20 minutes. ALLLL interstate for you.

If you do it and want to split the drive a bit and take a break in Des Moines on the way (either direction), let me know....

Travis, the excuse for not working on the paddock will be "too much rain" - that's what we've heard that last couple of years. Of course, after 5" here at my house last night, I might be inclined to believe it. (Never mind the fact that my work managed to get a whole lot of parking lot paving done very recently....)

Jarrod

Lael Cleland
08-09-2010, 11:13 AM
I would rather have MAMs paddock than HPT's walls....:blink:
I cant wait, always a good time! We have a dunk tank!

shwah
08-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Shoot. No can do. Family conflict.

Have fun guys. I do want to get out to that one some weekend...

Lael Cleland
08-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Man, We could use one more RINGER VW in ITB.....:D
Next year we could possibly have 3 more VW's in B, 2 novices and one seasoned veteran....

tnord
08-10-2010, 10:05 AM
28 for the group, 14 ITA, 7 ITB. looks like one of the VWs dropped out? strong turnout even without a few of the regulars, and weather looks pretty good if it stays dry.

i also suggest that we move group 3 into group 5. that still gives the SM double-dippers a run group in between their race and the IT race, and gets everyone home earlier.

Ralf
08-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Still 8 VW's. One is in ITA.