PDA

View Full Version : Kuhmo v710's

jungle
07-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Do they "work" for road racing? I knew a friend who ran them on his ITB VW. I gotta think that a NASA 40 minute session might melt a v710.

I was kinda thinking about buying 2~3 sets of v710s a year vs buying a dedicated auto-x tire and a dedicated road racing tire. If nothing else I could slim down the amount of wheels in the garage/basement

the r/r car is an ita/pte neon, and the auto-x & lapping car is vw gti vr6.

tia...

tnord
07-07-2010, 10:07 AM
i use them on my miata. they work pretty well, especially for the first few laps. if it's really hot out they can fall off, but otherwise i don't really have any complaints.

i see you're in minneapolis, are you planning on coming down to MAM in August? there's typically some pretty good ITA fields at that track, a free/donations accepted BBQ on friday night, half test days for $80, and there isn't a safer track to race at that i know of.

mc-integra111
07-08-2010, 08:25 AM
They work fine. I have been using them for 3-4 years now.

Darryl Pritchett
07-08-2010, 08:44 AM
They work great, I have been running them for 3 years and find them very consistant through out the race. Great tire and would highly recommend them.

iambhooper
07-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Dude, you will be fine. I ran them for years on my ITC/B CRX. They are awesome tire's and I really miss them now that I am running SM.

hoop

jungle
07-19-2010, 06:29 PM
i use them on my miata. they work pretty well, especially for the first few laps. if it's really hot out they can fall off, but otherwise i don't really have any complaints.

i see you're in minneapolis, are you planning on coming down to MAM in August? there's typically some pretty good ITA fields at that track, a free/donations accepted BBQ on friday night, half test days for $80, and there isn't a safer track to race at that i know of.

I aquired a set of old auto-x tires for really cheap, so i thought I would burn them up....they aren't as grippy as the Hoosier R6's and A304's I was running, but they did fine.....did I mention I got them cheap?! :) Fortunatly right now my auto-x car and r/r car can use the same wheel/tires, so I was thinking about consolidating the wheel/tire piles.

MAM....ummm well for which club? The ironic thing is that I am on the local SCCA board, but have only run a single SCCA race (I JUST got my Comp. License this year). I have been running w/ NASA for many years in their HPDE/Time Trials program.

tnord
07-19-2010, 10:42 PM
SCCA Aug 14th/15th.