PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question...How To Obtain A Logbook?

Simon T.
07-05-2010, 05:08 PM
So I have this Neon now and PROBABLY won't get wheel to wheel action this year but starting next year for sure.

Is there anyway to get a logbook before that? Is it done at an annual tech? Drivers school?

I've never made it far enough to ask these questions before. :happy204:

downingracing
07-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Car will need an annual inspection at which time it will be issued a logbook. The cage will be stamped and the logbook will have all information about the car entered in it. This can be done at any time. Contact your region's tech folks and make arrangements to get that tech inspection completed. You want to do this (if at all possible) prior to your first event. Sounds like the car is a new race car and you want to ensure everything is good to go prior to Friday night at your drivers school... You will need to ensure all safety items are up to date and the car is compliant with the rules for the class it is in. Don't forget things like the fuel test port, legal belts, window net that 'falls down'... Not a bad process to get the first logbook issued!

Good luck!!!!

Simon T.
07-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks!

It's been raced before it has a SSC logbook but it's not SS legal anymore. I have never raced it though and am going to update a few things.

raffaelli
07-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Also, make sure your engine stops when you turn the kill switch (make sure it does not run on). Extinquisher, stickers, case of beer.

I suggest you do not wait till your first event to get the log book. You can probably show up to an event to get an inspection. But it may be best to call and bring the car to someone.

Good luck!:023:

tyler raatz
07-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks!

It's been raced before it has a SSC logbook but it's not SS legal anymore. I have never raced it though and am going to update a few things.

The car will not have a new log book issued, the SSC log will get updated with ITA specs. I have had a GTL Nissan with a C sedan log book started in the early 70's, an ITB VW that became Eprod and later GT3, my current ITA miata has a triple log book for ITA/Ep/STU. The original log book will stay with the car for it's entire racing carreer. Make sure everything is up to date for ITA, get the anual and you will
be good to go. You can show up at the upcoming regional at Road atlanta and have the car teched.
Best of luck
Tyler

Greg Amy
07-05-2010, 07:54 PM
I concur completely with Tyler's post.

GA

Simon T.
07-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Oh cool I didn't know that. I still need to do a few things before having an annual tech done, although is it annual as in from then until that date the following year or will it expire at the end of this season?

I defiantly want it all teched and ready before its first event though so I'm not stressing about that. :p

tyler raatz
07-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Oh cool I didn't know that. I still need to do a few things before having an annual tech done, although is it annual as in from then until that date the following year or will it expire at the end of this season?

I defiantly want it all teched and ready before its first event though so I'm not stressing about that. :p
The annual is good from Jan 1st to Dec 31st.

splats
07-05-2010, 09:07 PM
To correct Tyler, its 12 months from annual to annual ( June to June, Oct to Oct, etc). Your belts, however, expire on Dec 31. Number of years depend on whether they are SFI or FIA. Good luck, we need more Neons out there..... :eclipsee_steering:

RacerBill
07-05-2010, 11:35 PM
I would also suggest contacting your region's tech person/people before making any changes that you are thinking about and run the changes past them so that you don't have to undo something later.

Simon T.
07-06-2010, 12:09 AM
I would also suggest contacting your region's tech person/people before making any changes that you are thinking about and run the changes past them so that you don't have to undo something later.

Well changes as in updated belts, extra door bars, fire system, stuff like that.