PDA

View Full Version : 260Z progress

EAPCPA
06-28-2010, 04:47 PM
We fired it up moved it under it's own power Saturday. No leaks or funny noises. Still need to install exhaust system, safety restraints, fire system, and set up the suspension. It is very exiting. Oh and rear view mirrors so I can watch all the racing action!! LOL!!:smilie_pokal:

spawpoet
06-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Holy crap Ed!!! That Z looks almost to purty to race! When to you hope to first have her out??? Good luck. The car REALLY looks great!!!!!

EAPCPA
06-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks Chris,

Had a lot of help from my son and parts donated by friends and a hell of a good foundation to start with. I have spent some money on parts but now I need to start collecting spare parts and expendables. Ron is only 30 minutes away so I can trade parts with him in a crunch. Looking forward to getting it completed and racing. Goal is to be track ready in September. First goal was to fire it up in June so we are on schedule so far. My son goes back to school in late August so he is hoping to at least blast around the neighborhood once before leaves. I am pretty sure we will do the BMW driving school this fall at VIR. Need to look at the Porsche club schedule and some others so it will be ready to race in 2011. I am not sure there are many events close to me in 2010 and still need to get a log book.

pballance
06-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Very Nice!! I agree, it almost looks too good to race. :D

Good luck you are on the downhill side now!:happy204:

jmark
06-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Nice Z!

Mike Mackaman
07-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Looks good, looking forward to seeing it out on the track. Can't tell for sure what kind of camber plates you have if any. I have two sets, one front and one rear that work great, weld in, very low profile, good adjustability, $150 per axle. That is half or less the comercial alternatives and you don't need a screw driver and a wrench to loosen a slider bolt. If you are in the southeast I can install them as well. Steve Parish runs mine, as do I, and several others.

Mike