PDA

View Full Version : Glass

BILL
06-22-2010, 03:42 PM
what are the rules concerning glass?

Greg Amy
06-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Always fill to the brim, especially when someone else is buying?

Always use brown for beer bottles, to filter out the sunlight, and avoid buying beers with clear?

Don't drop one or else it'll break?

Ed Funk
06-22-2010, 04:14 PM
If you're old, get 'em with transition lenses so people won't know you're old.

Ed Funk
06-22-2010, 04:17 PM
I know, everybody likes a little ass, nobody likes a little wise ass!

Stock everywhere, except can be removed from doors if those doors have NASCAR style door bars.

joeg
06-22-2010, 05:03 PM
X2 with Ed on the Glass.

(Cheap after market glass is sometimes lighter, except with Fords, where "CarLite" is well known as the lightest OEM)

BILL
06-22-2010, 09:14 PM
thanks guys, I try to keep my glass full but it keeps going empty, & yes my glasses are invisible bifocals:blink:

raffaelli
06-22-2010, 09:44 PM

Stock everywhere, except can be removed from doors if those doors have NASCAR style door bars.

or cage enters the cavity.

GTIspirit
06-22-2010, 09:58 PM

What about fixed quarter windows in the front door? Can they also be removed if the cage has NASCAR bars that intrude into the door cavity, even though the quarter window (I'd call it a vent window, but it's fixed so no vent action going on.) doesn't occupy the same space as the NASCAR bars?

Ed Funk
06-26-2010, 07:00 AM
My interpretation, is that those have to stay, may want to for aero reasons anyway.

lateapex911
06-26-2010, 06:33 PM
I thought we should have an allowance to remove those, as halo seats are becoming the norm, (We'll see even more once the Head and Neck madate hits, I bet), and the real estate in the window area gets severely pinched with them. So, I swore we discussed and approved an allowance to remove the glass AND the bracket/track, on the left side, about a year or more ago, when I was on the iTAC. But now, I can not find that allowance to save my life. Any ITAC'ers know what happened?

JoshS
06-26-2010, 07:11 PM
9.1.3.D.9.m: "If equipped, the vent window and its supporting structure may be removed."

This new rule was effective via Fastrack in 4/1/09 and appears in the 2010 GCR.

lateapex911
06-26-2010, 08:31 PM
thanks! I looked and looked,,I'll have to look again. I'd have been pretty ticked if that didn't make it in!

on edit...of course...I skimmed right by it because it was italiized. LOL. (What a moroon I can be!)

GKR_17
06-26-2010, 10:07 PM

Or lexan rear windows on a few cars (914, MR2, Del-Sol, X-1/9) for cage access.

RacerBill
06-26-2010, 10:39 PM
9.1.3.D.9.m: "If equipped, the vent window and its supporting structure may be removed."

This new rule was effective via Fastrack in 4/1/09 and appears in the 2010 GCR.

Is a stationary front quarter window (in front of the driver/passenger roll-up window) considered a 'vent window'? Or are only quarter windows that swing out a 'vent window?

Z3_GoCar
06-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Is a stationary front quarter window (in front of the driver/passenger roll-up window) considered a 'vent window'?
Yes :D

Hasn't been a car made in the last 30 years that had a swing-out vent window. In my case the door bar is right in the way, so to keep the window I've cut the support making the window kind of floppy. Even with it gone a hallo seat would keep me from getting out, I'd rather have it there for aero reasons.

tom_sprecher
06-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Always fill to the brim, especially when someone else is buying?

Always use brown for beer bottles, to filter out the sunlight, and avoid buying beers with clear?

Don't drop one or else it'll break?

Good ones, but most important is...

Never let mine go empty!