PDA

View Full Version : ITB drivers... LRP in June has become a BIG race!

StephenB
06-09-2010, 12:58 PM
We have 18ITB cars registered for LRP making it the 4th Largest attended NARRC ITB race in the last 5 years. And the largest since the the 2006 NARRC runoffs

I will always remember that year... my brother and i tied for 2nd in the championship and Tim Mullen won it all... It was my turning point in realizing anything can happen. I was in the top two the entire race and out of the 23 ITB cars I had to be 7th or better or just stay ahead of raymond and Tim and i would win the championship... last lap in second, all by myself going onto noname straight I broke the hub. I coasted along the gaurdrail to the uphill and sat to watch Tim win it all!

Anyway if we could get just a few more (well 6) then we would have the largest NARRC ITB field in a decade! If we could convince beran, charlie, rich, eric, mike, derek, scott, and jim to race then we would have the largest field and all the top 5 in NARRC for the last decade! Start recruiting and if your in ITBand your reading this go register for a race you can't miss!

Stephen Blethen
NARRC champion way back in '03

M5rokit
06-09-2010, 02:14 PM
More like 28!!! With a total of 65!!!!!! cars on track! Yikes. Is this right? ITB will be race'n big time but watch the mirrors for the ITR and ITS guys will ya? I thought the max at LRP was like 42 cars. There's some car per mile formula right? Wow.

M5rokit
06-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Oh, maybe there is a wait list and the website shows all entries even if they are on wait list? Gotta be!

lateapex911
06-09-2010, 03:15 PM
More like 28!!! With a total of 65!!!!!! cars on track! Yikes. Is this right? ITB will be race'n big time but watch the mirrors for the ITR and ITS guys will ya? I thought the max at LRP was like 42 cars. There's some car per mile formula right? Wow.

The total, Rob, for the GROUP, at this point, is 28: 18 ITB cars, 7 ITS cars and 3 ITR cars. The CUMULATIVE total (that is, the totals of all groups to that point on the list, so Grps 1, 2 and 3), is 66. Max allowable at Lime Rock is 38. Special permission needed to go to 42. (that's an SCCA thing)

gran racing
06-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Just save enough car to get your butt out to the Glen Stephen. I'm really going to hate watching this race from the infield hill. Damn it. It'll be interesting to see if the track record gets broken this event.

StephenB
06-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Just save enough car to get your butt out to the Glen Stephen. It'll be interesting to see if the track record gets broken this event.

I have gone through my entire car : ) even changed some geometry in the rear. Oh and I even have a couple Hoosier A6s for this event. I want to stay near the front and that record has been around for over a decade... any records from the 90's need to be broken! :)

As far as the glen... Well that IS the big one that I have waited all year for. Start talking to everyone about that one to. I think based on history we should get 20 cars out their as well. PS: registration is open for the July regional sprints at the glen.

As far as LRP I am going to rally for a split start for ITB. ya or na. .. what is everyone's thaughts?

kjh6576
06-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Yea, yea. We'll keep an eye out for your lightning fast Bumble Bee amungst the swarm of other B's.....LMAO Hope all is well Rob, and look forward to a tough meotterless crowd. I may even have to get some stickers for this one, Damn!!!! After getting beat up by the "Professor" Nat last weekend. Im feeling a little inspired ,So I vote Nat gets the bullseye on his bumpa for this one. . Metaphoricaly speaking of course. I figured I would be the first to start the smack talkin. Kidding aside, this looks to be a bahn burna and as Stephen mentioned anything can and will happen. Its racing.!!?? Looking forward to great race with a really large fast crowd.
Ken

StephenB
06-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Looking forward to great race with a really large fast crowd.
Ken

Your not kidding! Looking at the list I bet we have 10 different people that could claim the record if they push hard... and I bet the top ten are seperated by less than .5 after qualifying!

StephenB
06-09-2010, 03:41 PM
I figured I would be the first to start the smack talkin.
Ken

Ken, I have my radar locked on you : ) finishing one car length behind you for the millionth time isn't happening again!

As far as smack talkin. ... no way in hell Raymond is finishing ahead of me I do t care how but some way some how I am staying ahead of him. In fact I would rather get 2nd to last if it meant i beat him ; )

kjh6576
06-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Is the record for B 1.0314

lateapex911
06-09-2010, 03:53 PM
I bet the top ten are seperated by less than .5 after qualifying!

$5 bucks and you wear a big enough to read drivers suit patch that says, "Jake was right, and is a great guy" says you're wrong, it will be more than that.

gran racing
06-09-2010, 03:57 PM
So I vote Nat gets the bullseye on his bumpa for this one. . Metaphoricaly speaking of course.

What, are you trying out for the Gainsco team to replace Fogarty?

kjh6576
06-09-2010, 04:17 PM
LMAO, I watched that on TV. That was under handed and dasteredly.sp Its amazing how much damage was caused by that area off the exit of BB. I felt really bad for those guys especially after all of G's smack talkin.

CRallo
06-09-2010, 05:18 PM
IIRC, Rick Pocock holds the record still... Rick is the man! Way humble, great instructor!

THawkbh
06-09-2010, 06:55 PM
PS: registration is open for the July regional sprints at the glen.

Is that the Fun One?

THawkbh
06-09-2010, 06:58 PM
What's the ITS record?

CRallo
06-09-2010, 07:38 PM
What's the ITS record?

main track records page:
http://www.nescca.com/nescca_main/trackrecords.html

LRP records in PDF:
http://www.nescca.com/nescca_main/crtrlrp.pdf

ITS is 1:00.813 from 2004

CRallo
06-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Is that the Fun One?

PS: registration is open for the July regional sprints at the glen.

Bolded the important parts for you...

Fun one is in September I believe... :024:

THawkbh
06-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Bolded the important parts for you...

Fun one is in September I believe... :024:

Oh ok. thanks. I couldn't remember. I haven't been to the fun one in years.

M5rokit
06-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Jake,
I realized my ignorant analysis of the registration last night! Can you imagine 65 cars out there at once?!!!! See you there.

StephenB
06-10-2010, 01:44 PM
$5 bucks and you wear a big enough to read drivers suit patch that says, "Jake was right, and is a great guy" says you're wrong, it will be more than that.

Your probably right but I will wear the patch for Saturday if I am wrong. : ) now I really need to get my partners to push hard!

Stephen

gran racing
06-10-2010, 03:07 PM
now I really need to get my partners to push hard!

You have no idea just how wrong that sounds. lol

TimM ITB
06-10-2010, 06:45 PM
we are now up to 19 !!

I am going to try and recruit a couple more this week!

WOOHOO!!

RSTPerformance
06-10-2010, 08:14 PM
we are now up to 19 !!

WOOHOO!!

Tim- Get your bro to bring out the Audi!

Speaking of Audi's where is Steve and Pam??? Humm that would be fun to see them again on the track :)

As for oldies... Get Scott Carlson back and Jim M. with his killer Opal GT!

Raymond "Now that I have my own house where Stephen can't sabotage my car I am hoping to finish... And I am trying to remember the last time you were ahead of me when I broke... Maybe we need it to rain so I can really embarass you!" Blethen

RSTPerformance
06-10-2010, 08:17 PM
you have no idea just how wrong that sounds. Lol

lmfao

chewy8000
06-10-2010, 10:53 PM
I know a bunch of us would love to come up there for this race. You guys are gonna have a blast!!! Any of you guys coming to NJ when MARRS is up there? Would be cool to try and reproduce those numbers at thunderbolt or lightning.

RacerBill
06-10-2010, 11:20 PM
we are now up to 19 !!

WOOHOO!!

Tim: This is great news! Good news is that I am planning on being at LRP on Friday, as I will be back east that week. Bad news is that I just brought in the tow van in for a new water pump, so that eats up gas and entry money. :(

See you up there!

BTW, the ITB count for the IT Spectacular in only 3 so far. Hope you guys can make it.

StephenB
06-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Well I will say it... Jake you were right!

We did not get 10 cars within .5 sec. But it was a big close field! Rick and I got in the 3's but no track record and 11 other ITB cars all within 1 second of eachother! Really great racing and we ended up with 16 cars and almost any of us could have won... first time I can remember thinking a top ten was my goal! The GLEN in July is the next BIG one. 9 are already registered and again its a fast fast group.

I downloaded my video of my start of race one and when I can steal some internet from a friend I will post it ( I use my phone normally) the start is a must see start passing around 10 cars by turn 1 and going from almost last to 2nd in a matter of a few laps! I was on that mission to beat Raymond... who started pole.

Stephen

PS: not sure if anyone noticed but earlier this year I gave my car to Tim Dugan because I never thought his car would be fast and I felt bad for him.... on used rubber he was very fast in my car and I decided he will now have to rent it : ) We went to LRP and he was taking his car. I told him you need stiffer springs and a quaffe... springs got delivered to LRP after qualifying and he went from a 1:07 on Friday to a 1:04 on Saturday... needless to say I may stop suggesting things! I never expected springs alone could be almost 3 seconds a lap!

gran racing
06-21-2010, 07:46 PM
How did the autocross tires on the Audi rears work out?

Can't wait for the Glen and will be ordering some Dirt Stockers just in case. :D

StephenB
06-21-2010, 08:24 PM
How did the autocross tires on the Audi rears work out?

Well look at my lap times compaired to Raymond's. : D It can't be all the driver!

Seriously though Raymond and I have always done strange things with tires and I feel like it was better than ever. I think to many people with front wheel drive cars think that the back just follows around but Ihave different ideas. IMHO loose is only fast if you have everything out of the front that you can get. I can't say if it was definetly faster or not since I did not do any back to back tests. However for my car they did get better temps and pressures and more importantly they felt better. I could change some suspension componants to get the same temps and pressures but I am sold on this setup for now. My concern is that they will probably have less heat cycles before they turn into stones.

Stephen

JLawton
06-22-2010, 07:19 AM
. I think to many people with front wheel drive cars think that the back just follows around but Ihave different ideas. IMHO loose is only fast if you have everything out of the front that you can get.
Stephen

I am sooooo with you on this one Stephen. It makes no sense to put narrow tires or old tires on the back to make it rotate UNLESS you can't get the car to neutral handling with set-up. Putting narrow or old on the back is gonna make you slower than using all four the same size and age. Of course, it's easy for me to say since I can dial in waaay more over steer than I can handle. :D

tom91ita
06-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Well look at my lap times compaired to Raymond's. : D It can't be all the driver!

Seriously though Raymond and I have always done strange things with tires and I feel like it was better than ever. I think to many people with front wheel drive cars think that the back just follows around but Ihave different ideas. IMHO loose is only fast if you have everything out of the front that you can get. I can't say if it was definetly faster or not since I did not do any back to back tests. However for my car they did get better temps and pressures and more importantly they felt better. I could change some suspension componants to get the same temps and pressures but I am sold on this setup for now. My concern is that they will probably have less heat cycles before they turn into stones.

Stephen

do you think some of it is confidence that the car will be more catchable with the A/X tires in the back?

gran racing
06-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Isn't racing at our level 99% about confidence?

dazzlesa
06-22-2010, 03:57 PM
i am impressed that the ax tires would last. looking at my lap times my car dropped off like a brick after the 11th lap in both races using hankooks

lateapex911
06-22-2010, 04:18 PM
i am impressed that the ax tires would last. looking at my lap times my car dropped off like a brick after the 11th lap in both races using hankooks

C51 or C71 compound? or in normal speak, Hankooks version of Hoosiers A or R?

gran racing
06-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Just rear tires, not front autox. I was somewhat hoping to see A compounds on the front to see how long they'd last. lol

RSTPerformance
06-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Tom-

I don't think the ax tires gave Stephen more confidence... We have the cars very well dialed in so confidence is not an issue, I think they (the tires) just might be faster. I can remember running back to back sessions at lime rock with old vs new tires in the back and it being faster. On our cars the rear barely comes up to temp, with the ax tires it came up much better!

Dave- I agree he should have run ax tires on the front, maybe thy would have worn out and given me a chance! Lol

great weekend for most, hope Tim Mullen gets things back together soon. I got a bump by someone Pushing in my right rear and putting me back in the field near the begining. I was hoping to have a rematch with tim after the AM qualifying and just as I caught him Nat spun Right infront of us leaving tim noplace to go but off track to the outside of Big Bend... I took the inside and was able to get past but he was not as fortunate :(. Fustrating I am sure as he was super fast and lost it all no fault of his own.

Tim Dugan also came out of nowhere and proved he is a contender with the golf!!!

Raymond

Raymond

dazzlesa
06-23-2010, 07:42 AM
i use the hankook race versions

Tim Dugan
06-24-2010, 07:53 PM
I think i can officialy say that was the best time ive had with my clothing on. Thanks to great teachers and great advice from all i had a race to remember!! Run it wide open till it you see god than break! Hope to do well at nhms agains nat who is always fast. Ok is anybody else gonna show up or it gonna be a 1 2 finish at new hampshire