PDA

View Full Version : Double/Double at Roebling Road

Butch Kummer
06-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Just wanted to let you know that registration is now open for the Louella Cook Memorial Double SARRC / Double ECR that will be held at Roebling Road the weekend of July 2-4. Due to a miscommunication the wrong entry fees were originally posted, but that has now been corrected:

Single SARRC - $235
Double SARRC - $375
Single ECR - $275
Double ECR - $450
"All Four" package - $750

Supps and Schedule can be found at www.sedivracing.org (http://www.sedivracing.org/) (about halfway down).

Registration is via MSR: www.motorsportreg.com (http://www.motorsportreg.com/)

See y'all there...

quadzjr
06-04-2010, 01:29 PM
I will be there.. hopefully with not one but TWO MR2s!

Franklin Futrelle
06-04-2010, 02:22 PM
I would love to co drive in the enduro with someone.

Franklin Futrelle

[email protected]
706-306-1935

Cobrar05
06-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Butch
I might run the Friday ECR if I were allowed to. Any chance of that?

almskidd
06-04-2010, 04:05 PM
I am most diffenently going to be there. Maybe even do an ECR or two.

Cobrar05
06-04-2010, 04:19 PM
btw...guys, I am going to be shooting photo packages for drivers that weekend at Roebling Road. I shoot 30-40 photos from different spots on the race track and paddock that are burned to a disc for Sunday morning delivery.

Send me a PM with your car description and run group and I will put you on the list.
I will only be shooting 25 cars max as I am racing in group 6 myself.

I am the road racing writer for mustang enthusiast magazine. here are some samples of my work.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/txpd/boss%20rebuild/race%20track%20photos/IMG_5913.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/txpd/boss%20rebuild/race%20track%20photos/IMG_2842.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/txpd/boss%20rebuild/race%20track%20photos/IMG_6848.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/txpd/boss%20rebuild/race%20track%20photos/IMG_5660.jpg

Butch Kummer
06-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Butch
I might run the Friday ECR if I were allowed to. Any chance of that?

Not my call, but I don't see ITO listed in the choices when registering for the ECR.

Cobrar05
06-04-2010, 05:45 PM
no..its not listed. i was just commenting that i would take the track time. it would be great if the big bore cars that are endurance race capable were allowed to endurance race in SEDiv SCCA. its disappointing to be penalized for the hp.

i am grateful that atlanta region and nc region allow the ito cars to run their races.

quadzjr
06-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Teh TSM crew is getting ready and registered.

ITB
86' MR2 Me
87' MR2 Mike Ulbrik
92' Civic Josh Baldwin

ITS
99' Civic Si Dave Raymon

I dont' see an option in registration to only run one of the enduro's or am I missing something?

JARHEAD
06-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Anybody been able to locate and print the supps/sched???

Butch Kummer
06-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Anybody been able to locate and print the supps/sched???

There's a reason they call you JarHead! :blink:

Operator malfunction. Nothing to see here - move along...

quadzjr
06-25-2010, 02:31 PM
haha!

read first post..

JARHEAD
06-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Thanks. I can read and did. My computer at work has a security feature that doesn't allow automatic refresh. I had BK on the phone troubleshooting with me and got the supps. The link wouldn't work until he "fixed" my computer. Thanks Butch! Steven, until you meet me, FUCK OFF!

Hotshoe
06-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Steven, until you meet me, FUCK OFF!

Can I be the one to introduce the two of you :bash_1_:

tyler raatz
06-26-2010, 08:47 PM
I would love to co drive in the enduro with someone.

Franklin Futrelle

[email protected]
706-306-1935

I have a seat available for Friday, possibly Saturday ECR in a very good ITA Miata.
Tried to call you, but got no answer.
I am a little late to offer, but if anyone may be looking for a ride give me a shout
Tyler Raatz
#95 ITA Miata
770-720-9725

JeffYoung
06-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Well how about this. I rolled the TR8 off the trailer to prep it for Roebling. Brakes (after a full race at CMP)? Check, all good. Hubs/bearings? Check, all good. Oil/water? Fine. Motor? Fine. Spray car down, and remove panhard rod (fingers crossed on how this works out), and load it back up. 30 minutes of prep.

Wow. Was it all a dream?

Tristan Smith
06-27-2010, 08:22 AM
No Jeff, not a dream. Rather, a ticking time bomb. Oh, it's coming.........tick, tick, tick. :)

JeffYoung
06-27-2010, 08:56 AM
LOL...hell, you may see the mushroom cloud up in Atlanta.

No chance of seeing you guys at Roebling? I'm sure it will be cool and breezy and just a pleasant place to be.....

Hotshoe
06-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Well how about this. I rolled the TR8 off the trailer to prep it for Roebling. Brakes (after a full race at CMP)? Check, all good. Hubs/bearings? Check, all good. Oil/water? Fine. Motor? Fine. Spray car down, and remove panhard rod (fingers crossed on how this works out), and load it back up. 30 minutes of prep.

Wow. Was it all a dream?

You must have gotten the wrong car...... Maybe it was your Dodge Ram....

I suggest that you try again......... This time make sure you are awake.

You may have been going backwards around VIR.....

Cobrar05
06-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Ive got a photo shoot scheduled for Thursday afternoon at the race track with a rather striking model.

She told me she is willing to pose with the race cars as long as she is already there.
So....anyone wanting to do that, let me know.

quadzjr
06-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks. I can read and did. My computer at work has a security feature that doesn't allow automatic refresh. I had BK on the phone troubleshooting with me and got the supps. The link wouldn't work until he "fixed" my computer. Thanks Butch! Steven, until you meet me, FUCK OFF!

So Butch makes fun of you and I actually try to help you and you tell me to fuck off? haha alright:D

seckerich
07-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Any news from the weekend?

tyler raatz
07-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Any news from the weekend?

There was a green RX7 there running in ITS, it was pretty quick.:rolleyes:

GKR_17
07-05-2010, 10:59 AM
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=558733

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=559248

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=558735

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=558742

JeffYoung
07-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Wow, looks like Charles and Chuck had an awesome race on Saturday for the ITS win! .016 difference at the line???

Fast lap times seem reasonable all around.....sounds like it was a good, clean legal race. That is very good to see.

Charles Perry
07-06-2010, 09:35 AM
It was a good weekend, On Saturday had a good race going and Chuck ran into me on the front straight, for no reason and I just missed passing him at the checker, but it was a great race anyway. I really thought I had him, I will post the video soon. Made a sway bar adjustment and for Sunday and finally got the rear planted. So just tooled around by myself for the win. I did have an issue, I looked to see that I had zero oil pressure on the guage coming out of the bowl, pulled onto pit road, when the motor dropped to idle the oil light then came on, reved the motor, light went out, did that a few times figured the guage was bad, went back out, still in front of chuck and still won!! Old ZX still chugging along. Wish you guys had been there.

quadzjr
07-06-2010, 10:48 AM
We had a rough weekend. The ITB Black MR2 cracked a piston at the end of the Satruday race. The ITB Blue MR2 finished second behind the mustang Satruday, and was leading until overheating issues sunday (sans mustang). The ITS civic had igntion issues all weekend. Satruday during the race he was working the way through the field untill a axle blew up. Sunday race ignitor/coil issues ended his run.

I was leading the ITB saturday race on the first lap infront of the Ron in the ITB mustang (he couldnt' find a gear when the greeen dropped). Exiting turn 9 I had about 3 car lengths on him by S/F we were side by side, by turn 1 he was a car length ahead of me. How do I find I dunno 20+ hp again?

Question for Ron. Were you driving the ITS car when yoru dad got into him? We got a first hand view of it as we were right behind him during Saturday enduro. I then saw him go off in turn 9 and do some lawn mowing. Hopefully both cars were okay. I did notice some body damage to the ITS car.

JeffYoung
07-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Dang Charles, you must have had a huge lead...way to go man.

tim240z
07-06-2010, 03:55 PM
It was a good weekend, On Saturday had a good race going and Chuck ran into me on the front straight, for no reason and I just missed passing him at the checker, but it was a great race anyway. I really thought I had him, I will post the video soon. Made a sway bar adjustment and for Sunday and finally got the rear planted. So just tooled around by myself for the win. I did have an issue, I looked to see that I had zero oil pressure on the guage coming out of the bowl, pulled onto pit road, when the motor dropped to idle the oil light then came on, reved the motor, light went out, did that a few times figured the guage was bad, went back out, still in front of chuck and still won!! Old ZX still chugging along. Wish you guys had been there.

:happy204:

WTG man... Got any plans for the rest of the year?

Charles Perry
07-06-2010, 04:35 PM
thinking about running Sebring in early August and Barber in early Sept. Then we have the SIC in October. That is the plan as of today! You?

SPiFF
07-06-2010, 06:30 PM
You guys should come down for the July Road Atlanta double SARRC. :D

spawpoet
07-06-2010, 06:42 PM
thinking about running Sebring in early August and Barber in early Sept. Then we have the SIC in October. That is the plan as of today! You?

Charles,
We were going to run PBIR in Nov. and one of the remaining events at Sebring at the very least. Do you know if the August event at Sebring is long course or short course? We may run then if the car holds together through the July drivers school.

Ron Earp
07-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Nice job Charles! And I'm sorry to hear about the various woes. Vids of races and incidents would be interesting to see if you guys have them up.

You guys should come down for the July Road Atlanta double SARRC. :D

Jeff and I would love to but we got invited to the GRM/NASA Ultimate Track Car Challenge the weekend before. Hard to pull both off with family time factored in.

Aged racer
07-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Steve, Mike, and Josh- good to meet you and run together this weekend. Steve, Sunday was your race- karma owes you one. Mike- many thanks for your sportsmanship on my little "decal-gate" deal (and also thanks to Jim and the Stewards).

The Protege has a long way to go, but I think it has potential. Next race some camber plates and tires that don't have a mfg date of Oct '08 would be a start.

Overall a great weekend for atmosphere- great move to change format to a pair of Doubles.

Steve

2000 ITB Protege (was SSC)
1999 Spec Miata (was SSB)

Ron
07-06-2010, 10:54 PM
The Mustang had a front wheel bearing go bad. We lost a bearing cap and that was that. First time that has ever happened. No contact with the RX7. I was not in the RX7 at the time, I was in the pits watching dad do the mowing. He did a great job keeping the car going strait.
My co-driver in the RX7 had a little bump and spin with a car that did the damage to his car.
Great to meet you this weekend Steven. The HP takes time, I will tell you what my good friend and motor builder says, friction sucks up power.

Charles Perry
07-07-2010, 09:30 AM
here is the link. I am not computer literate enough to get the video up. You will notice the hit on the front straight, I did not waver at all, my line and I get hit. Does not look like much but was a good hit, messed my bumper up bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ZCdR0qe88

Charles Perry
07-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Well, I guess I am smarter than I thought, it did come up!

quadzjr
07-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Glad to meet you as well Steve. It was fun being up front, but yeah it happens. the worst part is now back atht eh shop I can't figure out why it overheated. everythign checks out, ran hard for 30 minutes with no issues. hmm...

I hear ya Ron and most of what I assume you are talking about has already been done to the blue MR2 (the one I am driving).

I am glad there was no body damage. Our driver in teh orange civic was right behind him. In the Mayham of going off (atleast what I heard) while the mustang was in the grass the our driver in the civic checked up and nearly slid into him. But all is well. I am really impressed that your dad lasted the whole thing. It was HOT!

I was jealous of your cool suit. I have never really wanted one before last saturday. :D

Charles that was a good save in 9 on the last lap.

JeffYoung
07-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Actually, that looks like a very hard hit to me. Got you squirrelly. Another coupe hundred yards and it would have been a big problem.

The odd thing is he moved over to the inside to block the next two laps.

here is the link. I am not computer literate enough to get the video up. You will notice the hit on the front straight, I did not waver at all, my line and I get hit. Does not look like much but was a good hit, messed my bumper up bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ZCdR0qe88

dspillrat
07-07-2010, 11:02 PM
This is gotta be the same car protested at CMP??
Same car that almost got into the paddock area from the track last year at the sic?

Scary.....

David

Marlboro Mafia
07-11-2010, 01:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RQ6Y4BzULA

Miata49
07-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Wow!!! ^^^ Glad you are alright. I bet the flagman was heading for cover!

seckerich
07-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Driver in front moved right to block, then went left. Blocking in every sense of the term. Sucks to be that needy of a trophy to wreck someone.

Marlboro Mafia
07-11-2010, 08:23 PM
It wasn't me. It was George Munson flying and Andrew Anderson blocking.

Charles Perry
07-12-2010, 09:23 AM
wow, sad thing was I don't think it was even for a trophy, they were further back in the pack.

tnord
07-12-2010, 09:30 AM
this is one of those incidents i'd probably lose my membership over. with the car being totaled, and me out of racing anyway, i'd probably walk over and punch the a-hole right in the face, then hand over my lisc and membership to the stewards on my way out the gate.

JeffYoung
07-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Unbelievable. Someone could have really gotten hurt in that mess.

Andy Bettencourt
07-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Just seeing a black YT square. Anyone post the link?

The Z-car, RX-7 video was cool. Man that Z motor sounded SMOOTH.

JeffYoung
07-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Vid is on youtube. I'll e-mail it to you.

Andy Bettencourt
07-12-2010, 01:29 PM
this is one of those incidents i'd probably lose my membership over. with the car being totaled, and me out of racing anyway, i'd probably walk over and punch the a-hole right in the face, then hand over my lisc and membership to the stewards on my way out the gate.

Usually I think you over-react. But I am with you on this one.

Marlboro Mafia
07-12-2010, 02:57 PM
The tires in the rear view mirror and the muffled "A--hole!" at the end add to the video.

Ron Earp
07-17-2010, 01:18 PM
And yet another hit by the green RX7:

http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthread.php?t=29666

JeffYoung
07-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Whoops, posted the above using Ron's user name on his computer. My bad.

I posted the above. Just want to be clear on that.

Charles Perry
07-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Wow, looks familar!! Another club member........! How many virgins are left out there, can't be many.

SPiFF
07-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Maybe we can get a body shop to sponsor us? :blink:

Parrish57
07-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Unbelievable!! The dude has hit everything out there but the pace car. Look out pace car..... I'm shocked that nobody has writen paper on him for rough driving. Just about anyone in the field could have. I'm guilty too. If I had my video camera working at the SIC I would have. We all need to get the cameras working and do what has to be done. He's going to hurt someone... The sick part is that he really believes he's one of the best drivers out there!!??

Zsolt! Nice save!

Wow, looks familar!! Another club member........! How many virgins are left out there, can't be many.

JeffYoung
07-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Great save...that's a fast, fast entry. I thought you were in the tires for sure.

Ron Earp
07-19-2010, 07:41 PM

Not me. Deflowered here but it was gentle and only a dent and scrape, thankfully. Others behind me were not so fortunate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyVvAV5YOSk

Ron

Super Swift
07-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Ron,
I've never run on the track with the Green RX-7, but it dosn't look like he intended to spin then hit you. Who out there hasn't spun? I know I've spun in traffic and hit people & I've hit people who were spinning in traffic. It happens, stinks but still happens.
Makes me wonder how many people hate my driving: not that I'm gona lose sleep over it.

Zolt's crash however... He might have been a little optimistic. Stinks for Zolt... I hope he apologized. But that Integra was too perfect ;) (jk)

-Benjamin Robertson

Ron Earp
07-19-2010, 09:28 PM
I've never run on the track with the Green RX-7, but it dosn't look like he intended to spin then hit you. Who out there hasn't spun?

Hey Ben,

No doubt, you are correct and I'm sure he didn't want to hit anyone. However when similar episodes are repeated over various weekends one starts to detect a trend. As you can read I'm not the only person to express concern, in fact I was probably one of the last to become concerned. I enjoy IT racing, enjoy the people that I race with, and I hope to continue for a long time into the foreseeable future. But bumping and hitting have no place in IT, for a variety of reasons, particularly for some of us who race "IT Dinosaurs" for which parts are hard to obtain. Our cars don't take hits like modern Miatas, Integras, and even RX7s do.

Zolt really did well at RA. Zolt has been getting faster over the past year that I've been on track with him and he's really making the FWD Integra sing. Enough so that I'm convinced they don't need any stinking weight off for FWD!!! :p

Ron

quadzjr
07-19-2010, 09:29 PM
If this guy keeps doing it, whomever gets hit next even if it doesn't go anywhere, atleast there is a paper trail. I am glad that he didn't catch me to lap me. My dad was in the black MR2 in the video they were passing by. Apparently the "green XR7" as he put it came really close to hitting him as he went by. For some reason the man no matter how many times I say RX7 he never gets it right.

almskidd
07-20-2010, 09:47 AM
I posted some pictures from the weekend on my photo sharing site.

Double SARRC RRR July 4th, 2010 (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=ALMS900&target=ALBUM&id=5492390275021079969&authkey=Gv1sRgCOHkxpqTjo3hMA&invite=CLSkivoN&feat=email)

dspillrat
07-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Looking at the videos of this car (green RX7), spooky oversteer.... course, cars I have driven have caused damage to others as well....dropped oil, spinning, poor decisions, red mist, retaliation to a blocking vette, car being setup in undrivable manner....... etc, etc.... Had a Duece somehow dodge me 2 years ago seeing me in his mirrors sliding down the esses at road atlanta to avoid my red misted drive with reppert..... Thank you duece.
Has anyone helped this guy work on the crazy oversteer that his car appears to have?

I don't know this driver personally, but surely a group talk would help? Constant flailing at the wheel while banging on other cars is either an unstable car or unstable mental condition..........wait... we all may fall in this catagory....:)

david spillman
blue #69 240z.seldom seen

seckerich
07-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Most of us have helped him with the car when he came into ITS, and before that when he ran IT7. I would like to think he is just being a little over agressive and a case of red mist sometimes. Seems to be getting worse lately. He made a very bad move at CMP in April on the last lap and chopped me down over the curb in the last corner. It was the end of the race and he was going for the win so I will cut him some slack there. Ended with me hitting the curb to keep from hitting him and then I still slid backwards in to his door so he paid a price. I think he has some hard feelings after the CMP protest so I hope he gets calmed down and has some fun racing us all clean. That would be much better than paper and retalliation so it is his call. Lets try to catch the bear with honey first.:p

JeffYoung
07-20-2010, 11:28 AM
I agree. I am going to try to have lunch with Chuck sometime in the next few weeks and talk a bit.

He's a good guy, fun to be around, and I hope we can race clean with him in the future.