PDA

View Full Version : CHUMP @ Iowa Speedway.... IT cars welcome!!!

Speed Raycer
05-20-2010, 12:12 AM
CHUMPCar World Series is adding two classes to the ChumpCar events for the remainder of the year as a “try before you buy” bonus for SCCA and NASA drivers.

You can do a CHUMP 24 hour race in your IT/Spec car. Great way to get some seat time or test & tune time. CHUMP runs a top notch event and I've been impressed with the driving I've seen. If you've never done an enduro, this could be a great way to get your feet wet.

The new IT Class accepts ITA, ITB & ITC cars on 180+ treadware tires.

The Spec Class will be for the E30s, Miatas and 944 classes (Spec tires will be allowed in spec classes)

These drivers need a current SCCA or NASA license and will NOT need a Chump license for their first two events.

Entry is same as the normal CHUMPs, $500 per car, $100 per driver. These teams are eligible for the special IT/Spec trophies (1st, 2nd, 3rd) as well as the overall trophies. They will not receive a purse if they win. There will be no claimer rule for the IT/Spec classes. CHUMP simply wants to give everybody some great track time.

They have five bands lined up for 24 hour race @ Iowa (ChumpStock) and a car show… it sounds like a great event.

http://chumpcar.com/events.php

Knestis
05-20-2010, 08:14 AM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f81/turbofrog/1963_Corvair_LeMons_New_England_Tur.jpg

The point at which the IT cars become the garage queens. Who could have imagined IT drivers saying, "I don't want to be out on the track with those jalopies!"

K

Chumpster
05-20-2010, 09:35 AM
ChumpCar is excited to offer this opportunity to you guys.

While the 24 Hours of LeMons is the more established, well-known and notorious crapcan enduro series, ChumpCar has a lot to offer the IT crowd.

First and foremost, ChumpCar is not a demolition derby. It is a racing series for $500 cars, but the cars are safe and well prepared. Unlike LeMons, black flags are few and far between and black flag penalties are typically "stop and go" as opposed to hazing.

Second, the IT and Spec "try before you buy" classes are EXEMPT from the claiming rule. Bring your prepared car on your usual tires and you are guaranteed to take it back home.

Come give us a try, I think you'll find a laid back racing atmosphere with a ton of seat time for your budget.

Jeff Krekeler, Cornville Region Chumpster

[email protected]

Speed Raycer
06-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Event is 14ish days out. 27 cars entered. Going to be a blast!

Again, ITA-C and Spec Cars will run in their own classes and are not subject to the claiming rule and are able to run IT/Spec legal tires.

If you're testing setup or shaking down a new car, the seat time can't be beat. Plus there's a party ;)

Speed Raycer
06-29-2010, 12:06 AM
Just got back from the CHUMP Iowa race. Phenomenal! While the race had to be shortened to 21 hours due to a violent storm that rolled through at about 3:30am we all ended up with plenty of seat time with two hour shifts being the norm. The racing was some of the best I've been involved with. Sure there were people doing things early on that all newbs/rookies do BUT in 21 hours of racing, there were only a few car to car impacts with most being slight bumper damage. After 21 hours the leaders were less than a lap apart.

If you get a chance to do a CHUMP event, do not hesitate.