PDA

View Full Version : LRP June School and Regional

ner88
05-04-2010, 06:47 AM
We at NER are working on final plans for this weekend.
Our plan is to run the drivers school and have one practice/qual. session for each race group on Friday.
We will run two races on Saturday.
The question is: If the first race is a qualifing race, should grid for the main race(second race) be set by fastest time or finishing position?

gran racing
05-04-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm almost thinking fastest time. When we spoke, I wondered how it would all work for students who get signed off and decide tor race. By doing qual for the later race by time, it resolves that issue. The only downside is there's less incentive to do well during the Fri qual. Tough call.

CRallo
05-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Though I have benifited by having a faster lap than my finishing position would have implied, a race is a race and qualifying is qualifying...

ntm if you use fastest time it rewards boneheads like me! :/

ner88
05-04-2010, 08:51 AM
What if NARRC and NERRC points were rewarded for the qualifier?
Is that an incentive?
By the way, I'm not looking for more money if you do Friday.
I want everyone to benifit from the schedule.

Dano77
05-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Sat morning race,use best lap time for sat afternoon race. that way the guy who works a real job isnt penalized for not showing up friday. No double points as that hurts the job guy who isnt able get friday off as well.

Dan

lawtonglenn
05-04-2010, 09:11 AM
cmon...you're killin me!

My damn daughter has to go ahead and graduate from High School on that
weekend....what the hell was she thinking scheduling that??

....and now Jerry is posing the idea of awarding points for TWO races??!?!?!?!!!!

I feel like Rodney Dangerfield right now

Andy Bettencourt
05-04-2010, 09:20 AM
If you are racin', count the points.

Dano77
05-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Andy must want to run. Needs points. Maybe he will instruct at the school as well? sounds as thou he'll be there.

I understand sacrfice the few to save the many,but its not a war. Its a regional and this is a hobby for most if not all. Ill be instructing friday so it wont effect me either way.
Im trying a new kinder genteler approach lately. Hows it working?
Dan

Andy Bettencourt
05-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Actually, since the NARRC committee hasn't yet changed the points rules for 2010 (ALL the races count, no drops) per the quest of the driver feedback, you can assume it ain't a kinder and gentler environment.

It really doesn't matter to me. I just figure if you are there and you are racing, count it. If you can't make qualifying, how well are you expecting to do anyway?

mossaidis
05-04-2010, 10:22 AM
I like the expanded schedule... sure answers my question if we would be able to run practice sessions on track while students are in the classroom. What's our other option? two closed wheel and two open wheel practice sessions Friday with regular qual session and race on Sat?

honestly, LRP is LRP... we need to use Friday if it's available to us. You need to pick your losses... either don't have the qual race or award points or use the finishing position for sat afternoon race.

gran racing
05-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Btw, I think it's great that this is being considered and applaud the williness to give something different a try. Thanks Jerry.

I originally didn't have this on my schedule, but maybe it should be now.

Greg Amy
05-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Unfortunately, this event is the same weekend as the 12-hour race at NJMP, the latter to which I'm already committed. This is quite unfortunate, especially given my distinct enjoyment of instructing students...sigh...

lateapex911
05-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Btw, I think it's great that this is being considered and applaud the williness to give something different a try. Thanks Jerry.

I originally didn't have this on my schedule, but maybe it should be now.

yea, what he said, Jerry.

My take on how to count the 'qualifying" session is, if it's a "race', and you award no points, or trophy, and count the fast lap, then it's really just a gridded qualifying session, isn't it?

Award points, and/or count the finish position, or just call it what it is, if there is no 'incentive".

My vote is to count the finish position as the qualifier. Racecraft counts.

I hear the kinder and gentler Dan, but, we only have three events this year at Lime Rock, right?...three days can usually be wrangled somehow.

StephenB
05-04-2010, 11:32 PM
yea, what he said, Jerry.

My take on how to count the 'qualifying" session is, if it's a "race', and you award no points, or trophy, and count the fast lap, then it's really just a gridded qualifying session, isn't it?

Award points, and/or count the finish position, or just call it what it is, if there is no 'incentive".

My vote is to count the finish position as the qualifier. Racecraft counts.

I hear the kinder and gentler Dan, but, we only have three events this year at Lime Rock, right?...three days can usually be wrangled somehow.

I will be running this race yahooo I can't wait! And I agree that it should be a qualifying RACE... racecraft and strategy does count just ask the British touring cars... this is how they do it!

JLawton
05-05-2010, 10:18 AM
That's awesome Jerry!

My opinion is fastest lap in qualifying race, no points.

I'm thinking that awarding NARRC points for the qualifier would be giving more weight to one race over the others. And would make it tough for guys who have already made their schedules.

But either way you do it, it's a great alternative!!

ner88
05-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Registration is now open.
Just about as much track time as you can get at LRP for just one SMALL entry fee!
I hope to see everyone there.....well except for tGA:happy204:
Sorry this took so long:shrug:

THawkbh
05-28-2010, 12:43 AM
How will this effect the school? Is this going to cut into track time? I was going to enter the school to get acquainted with my new car, but if regional qualifying cuts into the school time, I might skip the school and just take it easy in the regional.

dickita15
05-28-2010, 04:30 AM
How will this effect the school? Is this going to cut into track time? I was going to enter the school to get acquainted with my new car, but if regional qualifying cuts into the school time, I might skip the school and just take it easy in the regional.

Take a look at the schedule in the supps. The school cars will get lots of track time. The reason this works is the school is being limited to one run group instead of the usual three. If you are running the school and the regional the only issue you will have is one of you school sessions will be back to back with you qualifying session.

kevin22
05-28-2010, 06:14 AM
If we are counting fastest lap. Then it should just be a qual session. Don't call it a race. lets save our fenders by not having a a race into turn 1 for no reason.

But If you count finishing position then call it a qual race and lets have fun.

I prefer the Finishing position.

Andy Bettencourt
05-28-2010, 07:18 AM
If we are counting fastest lap. Then it should just be a qual session. Don't call it a race. lets save our fenders by not having a a race into turn 1 for no reason.

But If you count finishing position then call it a qual race and lets have fun.

I prefer the Finishing position.

Save your fenders by not hitting each other.

gran racing
05-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Lol!!!

THawkbh
05-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Take a look at the schedule in the supps. The school cars will get lots of track time. The reason this works is the school is being limited to one run group instead of the usual three. If you are running the school and the regional the only issue you will have is one of you school sessions will be back to back with you qualifying session.

Oh alright. That's not so bad. I can handle back to back sessions.

Are you instructing again? I believe you were my instructor at last year's school.

Dave Zaslow
05-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Problem?

Here is what I get when I try to link to the supps from the registration page (both school and race links):

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
Click the Back (http://javascript<b></b>:history.back(1)) button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=8180) and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

dtanthon
05-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Andy,

Check www.NARRC.com (http://www.NARRC.com) under rules. This was changed on 5/7/2010.

Best 6 of 8 points events will count toward Championship total.

In order to be eligible for a Championship you must achieve a race finish on a minimum of three weekends.

Those finishes must be in the same class.

Actually, since the NARRC committee hasn't yet changed the points rules for 2010 (ALL the races count, no drops) per the quest of the driver feedback, you can assume it ain't a kinder and gentler environment.

It really doesn't matter to me. I just figure if you are there and you are racing, count it. If you can't make qualifying, how well are you expecting to do anyway?

For NARRC points this race is a single. No one mentioned anything different.
Lucky for me I'm just the NARRC webmaster, I'll be down at NJMP with Greg willing the RX/7 to last 12 Hours.

THawkbh
05-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Problem?

Here is what I get when I try to link to the supps from the registration page (both school and race links):

The page cannot be found

I'm getting that as well

Andy Bettencourt
05-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Andy,

Check www.NARRC.com (http://www.NARRC.com) under rules. This was changed on 5/7/2010.

Correct, and my post was on 5/4/2010.

StephenB
05-28-2010, 12:34 PM
FYI. I had the same "page cannot be found" error. Then I registered and now the supposed download fine...

Stephen

ner88
05-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Error was found late last night.
Hopefully it's corrected or it will be soon???:shrug:

mossaidis
05-28-2010, 02:59 PM
This link works just fine...
http://www.nescca.com/registration/Supps/10-R-1164-S.pdf

gran racing
05-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Jerry, Just want to ensure I understand this correctly with the previous discussions that were had about the format. Friday - one 20 min qual session and is the standard fastest lap; not a qual race. Is that accurate?

It's extremely doubtful that this will come together in time but if I were to register for ITS then at the last minute can run in ITB (same run group), would this be do-able?

ner88
05-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Not sure Dave but what if you pre-register for both, no penalty if you don't enter one??

NO racing on Friday, just qual. for fastest lap.

gran racing
05-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Duh! LOL Not sure why I didn't think about that.

jimalley
05-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Jerry, Is there one 20 minute session per run group on Friday. The fee for this one 20 minute session is $350.00?

ner88
05-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Jim
Do you think we could charge $350 for one 20 minute session? :017:
The qualifing session is FREE, as long as you enter the regional!
:blink:

THawkbh
05-29-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm in for both. Gonna be a crazy day friday.

gran racing
05-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Drew, it's just the school plus one extra session. You'll be fine. Although the schools are busy (but a super fun busy!).

THawkbh
05-29-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm not worried so much about 1 extra session as I was worried about losing seat time in the school. I AM going to be really tired at the end of the day though.

RSTPerformance
05-30-2010, 01:57 AM
12 cars registered for ITB... I think that is the second largest group behind SM. Should be a fun weekend :)

Raymond "another try to get three Blethens to finish a race together!" Blethen

M5rokit
05-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Friday qualies time sets sat am race grid. Sat am race finish position sets afternoon grid. That's how I see this going down so let me know if it will be different. I guess we gotta take SOME Fridays off for racing!

ner88
06-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Attention Double Dippers, we at NER are now accepting Double Dipper discounts!:026:
1/2 off your second entry at our LRP regional!

mossaidis
06-08-2010, 02:11 PM
^^oh, so tempting!

ner88
06-08-2010, 02:40 PM
When was the last time you paid only $175. to enter a race at LRP?:shrug:
GO FOR IT!

StephenB
06-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Attention Double Dippers, we at NER are now accepting Double Dipper discounts!:026:

Does that include double dipping into the school on Friday?

Stephen

RSTPerformance
06-08-2010, 09:19 PM
How about an extra practice session at the end of the day on Friday if time allows... $20 cash per car and it goes to the worker fund?

Raymond

ner88
06-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Stephen, it does say "LRP regional"

Raymond, $20. per lap, sure! if time allows! :D

THawkbh
06-08-2010, 11:26 PM

:happy204: Will this will be available for those who have already registered for both?

ner88
06-09-2010, 07:55 AM
:happy204: Will this will be available for those who have already registered for both?
Yes!:D

StephenB
06-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Stephen, it does say "LRP regional"

No problem! I was just thinking about extra testing that's all. See you in less than two weeks!

Any chance ITB can have a split start? We have the largest field in years and some of us would love it! I could get signatures and such Friday if needed, just not sure how to actually ask the officials.

Stephen

ner88
06-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Split starts are the chief stewerts call.
Talk to Peter Roberts!

THawkbh
06-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Yes!:D

COOL! thanks

:happy204:

Rabbit05
06-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Could someone post Group/Class list on here? I want to come down to spectate but I want to catch two certain race groups ( ITA and ITB ). I am trying to plan a side trip to the track while on my way downstate to my in-laws house for the weekend . :023:

Is it a quilfier in the morning and race after luch type of deal ?

Thanks,
John

lateapex911
06-14-2010, 07:02 PM
http://www.nescca.com/registration/myraces.asp

It's all in the supps....Sat AM is a qualifying race, grid for aftrnoon determined by AM finish position

ITA is Group 5 ITB is Group 3

Rabbit05
06-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Awesome Thanks Jake !

-John