PDA

View Full Version : TeamDI.com Pro IT Race - NJM P - June 5-6

dtanthon
05-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Registration is open on www.DLBRacing.com (http://www.DLBRacing.com).

Pro IT Series Round 3
Dates: June 6, 2010
Sanction: 10-R-1110-S
Event Name: TeamDI Pro IT Round 3
Registration (http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/EventRequirements.aspx?LMID=2769&eventID=4231&return=/clubs/clubracing/clubrace.aspx%3fEventID%3d4231%26LMID%3d2777)
Supps (http://www.dlbracing.com/download.filx?FileID=1190)

=========================
Test Day
Dates: June 4, 2010
Sanction: 10-PD-1111-S
Event Name: Thunderbolt Test Day
Registration (http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/EventRequirements.aspx?LMID=2575&eventID=4230&return=/clubs/sjr-scca/clubrace.aspx%3fEventID%3d4230%26LMID%3d2583)
Supps (http://www.dlbracing.com/download.filx?FileID=1188)

SOUTH JERSEY NATIONAL
Dates: 5-6 June 2010
Sanction: 10-N-1109-S
Event Name: Jersey Devil National
Registration (http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/EventRequirements.aspx?LMID=2575&eventID=4229&return=/clubs/sjr-scca/clubrace.aspx%3fEventID%3d4229%26LMID%3d2583)
Supps (http://www.dlbracing.com/download.filx?FileID=1189)

Andy Bettencourt
05-01-2010, 11:57 AM
As usual, the Promotion and information for this series is excellent. Thanks guys.

tdw6974
05-02-2010, 07:01 AM
Registered!!!

dtanthon
05-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Next.....

The ProITSeries 9" x 3" stickers arrived while I was at Lime Rock. I'll get them handed out at NJMP for those that want them. These will be on each side of the car.

The ProITSeries windshield banner is being designed. Expect to have those at NJMP as well.

Lime Rock we a great race from the starters stand. Can't wait for NJMP, Summit Point, Watkins Glen and August with ARCA.

Registration is open.
Plus, ever do a 12 hour race? www.TheDevilInTheDark.com (http://www.TheDevilInTheDark.com) Come on out and tame the Devil.

dtanthon
05-24-2010, 12:48 PM
The TeamDI.com Pro IT qualifying and race is on Sunday, we have NO track time on Saturday scheduled. There is a test day on Friday.

On Sunday - After the National race warm ups we have a 30 minute qualifying session.
Then after lunch is our 45 minute race.

robits325is
05-24-2010, 03:36 PM
OK:

Friday test day
Saturday Jersey Shore in Ben's RV
Sunday Race

Oh boy this is going to be an interesting weekend.

lateapex911
05-24-2010, 05:55 PM
ya know, Rob has a GREAT idea!

chewy8000
05-25-2010, 10:24 AM
The leg is healing well and only a few weeks from getting out of the walking boot. The Pro-IT race at Summit Point will be my first race back in the seat. :026:

dtanthon
05-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Glad to hear the leg is getting better.

The NJMP race has over 30 at this point. Going to be a great show.

Can't wait to have the Pro IT Series (http://www.ProITSeries.com) go to a new track, going to be interesting with the Pro IT regulars and the Summit Point crowd. Some good racers down in Summit.

dtanthon
05-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Got a message from Smarty, he will be at NHMS so
Brian Brown of Hoosier Hoosier Tires East will be providing Hoosier support. Contact him if you have tire needs for NJMP.

Bob Smart @ Northeast Racing Enterprises, Inc. (518) 622-0329
Brian Brown @ Hoosier Tires East, Inc. (860) 646-9646

benspeed
05-29-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm at the Jersey shore right now :-) dropped my boat and have it tied up behind the house. Welcraft Martinique Express Cruiser - bravo three drive...

benspeed
05-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Now that I think about it. We could go tos my hore house - ski allday , hotub and then RV to the tarck....

M5rokit
05-30-2010, 11:40 AM
GOD DAMNIT! The one race I miss and look at all the fun planned! Can we schedule a cow tipping event for W.V.?:dead_horse:

robits325is
06-01-2010, 05:29 PM
What about Ms. Team DI? I hope she was invited!

Terry Hanushek
06-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Since the TeamDI.com Pro IT qualifying and racing are both on Sunday, Val Heun, our Registrar, has agreed to open registration between 4:30 PM and 5:30 PM on Saturday afternoon for Pro IT registration.

This should give you plenty of time to hang at Ben's place down at the shore and still be able to register in evening before the race.

Amazing - 38 entries and rising - lookin' like a great event.

See ya at NJMP

Terry

Terry Hanushek
06-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Rob

What about Ms. Team DI? I hope she was invited!

I'm not sure if Erin will be with us this week - you'll have to check with Crazy Joe - we left her with him (http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=295608&postcount=3).

Terry

Dennis Valet
06-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Does anyone know what time registration will be open Sunday morning?

dominojd
06-02-2010, 05:04 AM
does any one know if Bill E. will be availible to do an annual tech on my beast for sun days race?

dominojd
06-02-2010, 05:06 AM
Rob

I'm not sure if Erin will be with us this week - you'll have to check with Crazy Joe - we left her with him (http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=295608&postcount=3).

Terry

Oh crap that what I left in the trunk. thought i heard a strange noise coming from there the other day. :D

lateapex911
06-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Oh crap that what I left in the trunk. thought i heard a strange noise coming from there the other day. :D

Yea, right, you'd leave THAT in the trunk!

Good thing you didn't say that over on the brown board....

Terry Hanushek
06-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Dennis

Does anyone know what time registration will be open Sunday morning?

Registration opens on Sunday morning at 7:30 AM

Joe

does any one know if Bill E. will be availible to do an annual tech on my beast for sun days race?

Tech is scheduled to open on Sunday morning at 8:00 AM. It will probably be available a few minutes earlier if you hit Registration at 7:30 AM

The TeamDI.com Pro IT qualifying will start around 9:00 AM.

See ya at NJMP

Terry

Dennis Valet
06-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Thank you Terry

dominojd
06-03-2010, 05:35 AM
Dennis

Registration opens on Sunday morning at 7:30 AM

Joe

Tech is scheduled to open on Sunday morning at 8:00 AM. It will probably be available a few minutes earlier if you hit Registration at 7:30 AM

The TeamDI.com Pro IT qualifying will start around 9:00 AM.

See ya at NJMP

Terry

Thanks terry.

Dennis Valet
06-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Results

ITR
1) Rick Breault #36 BMW 325i (overall winner)
2) Ben Phillips #33 Porsche 968 (3rd overall)
3) Fred Fox #59 BMW 325i

ITS

1) Rob Driscoll #25 BMW 323i (2nd overall)
2) Jeff Henderson #23 BMW 323i
3) John Hainsworth #95 Mazda RX7

ITA
1) Marc Cefalo #00 Mazda Miata
2) Joseph Deminno #01 Nissan Sentra SE-R

SM
1) Nick Leverone #89
2) Dennis Valet #91
3) Zack Skolnick #88

ITB
1) Chris Schmidt #87 VW GTI

Dennis Valet
06-07-2010, 07:18 AM

benspeed
06-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Great race this last weekend. Doc Bro and I battled hard - made some serious high speed contact and railed up our cars a bit but we both just laughed and looked at the damage and congratulated each other.

Doc came out of nowhere - I led all the laps but the last two. Doc got a huge run onto the front straight and got by me. We came around and got the 1 to go and I went for an inside pass at T1 and Doc drove me down to the inside and held me off just as I would have done to him. At the high speed kink on the back straight I got a huge run and Doc got held up by a lapper. I went flat out through the corner - I think at one point we were three wide - Doc and I made some contact. He got turned sideways and I didn't lift and that luckily straightened out his car but I did drive over his fender a bit and took back P1.

Then under pressure going into the Jersey Devil right hander (the tight carousel) I went in a little hot knowing Doc was right on me and slid wide and ran through the grass, giving up P1 to Doc and second overall to Rob Driscoll. I knew I had to go in hard cause that man was looking for a shot at me :-)

Finished OK - some repairable damage. The coolest thing is Doc and I just gave each other an atta boy - no hard feelings - he drove an outstanding race to come from something like 7th to get me at the very end - last corner just about.

I've got video of the whole race - the file is huge so I'll try to post the last two laps - great day! Congrats to everybody and thanks to Bob Zecca, Darrel Anthony, Terry Hanushek and all the folks who volunteer to put on the events!

And we had hot bikini model for the trophy time!

lateapex911
06-08-2010, 06:30 PM
..... Doc Bro and I battled hard - made some serious high speed contact and railed up our cars a bit...... I led all the laps but the last two. Doc got a huge run onto the front straight and got by me. We came around and got the 1 to go and I went for an inside pass at T1 and Doc drove me down to the inside and held me off just as I would have done to him. At the high speed kink on the back straight I got a huge run and Doc got held up by a lapper. I went flat out through the corner - I think at one point we were three wide - Doc and I made some contact. He got turned sideways and I didn't lift and that luckily straightened out his car but I did drive over his fender a bit and took back P1.

Then under pressure going into the Jersey Devil right hander (the tight carousel) I went in a little hot knowing Doc was right on me and slid wide and ran through the grass, giving up P1 to Doc and second overall to Rob Driscoll. I knew I had to go in hard cause that man was looking for a shot at me :-)

I've got video of the whole race - the file is huge so I'll try to post the last two laps - ......

Yes, sounds like an awesome slugfest..post the laps of the good Doctor and you roughing each other up....and forget the laps you were leading, those are boring...;) (Sorry, had to!)

lateapex911
06-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Great race....bla bla bla....And we had hot bikini model for the trophy time!
:026:
TTIWWOP!!!!!
:026:

(I hate to think what Bob had to pay some chick so she'd stand around YOU guys in a bikini. Was Dimino there? )

benspeed
06-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Joe was there - I gave him crap over jamming me up onto the front straight - had to nail the brakes and Doc bro screamed by me - I told him I'd return the favor some day when I wasn't racing anybody for position :-)

What is TTIWOP???

lateapex911
06-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Oh, Ben, I thought you weren't that old.... sigh.... ;)
This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures!

Fred Fox
06-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Here you go!

tdw6974
06-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Hmm I do believe I have that very Checkered Flag in My garage. If Ed Zebroski thinks he is getting it returned to him.:D

lateapex911
06-09-2010, 04:03 AM
Fred comes through...! Check out what Dr. Bro's kids looking at. ;) chip off the old block?

Doc Bro
06-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Fred comes through...! Check out what Dr. Bro's kids looking at. ;) chip off the old block?

No, NO, NO!!! If he were a chip off the block he'd be wearing glasses!!! These kids today......

R

dominojd
06-09-2010, 07:17 AM
Joe was there - I gave him crap over jamming me up onto the front straight - had to nail the brakes and Doc bro screamed by me - I told him I'd return the favor some day when I wasn't racing anybody for position :-)

What is TTIWOP???

Yeah I felt bad about that for about a lap until you got P1 back on the last lap. Then you drove off the track and my feelings now are DUMB ASS! :happy204:Love ya ben

M5rokit
06-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Sounds like a great race guys!! I'm recovering nicely from my procedure and should be good to go from now on. Hope to see you all at the next race. Musta been pretty warm there for the bikini to come out! Heard there was some overheating issues going on too. On the track not the podium!!:blink:

JohnnyH
06-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Here is my on-board: http://vimeo.com/12414108

Rooke and Henderson both missed shifts at the start, which took me by surprise. The last 10 minutes are missing from my video which is unfortunate because I was reeling in Henderson for the last few laps. We went 4 wide at the checkered flag with lap traffic...really wish I had that.

Many cars had overheating problems and dropped out. Great race though! I was just happy to be up front racing with the big dogs for the first 25 minutes until we caught lap traffic. I need to be more assertive in those situations or I get left behind. It's a real pleasure to be out there competing with such quality drivers.

Another podium pic is attached - we were all a bit distracted. I forgot to put the sleeves of my drivers suit back on...

Gregg
06-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Can someone tell me here or via PM about the DQ in the ProIT race for violation of ITCS 9.1.3--since 9.1.3 is pretty much the entire ITCS (minus the spec lines).

Danke.

benspeed
06-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Yeah I felt bad about that for about a lap until you got P1 back on the last lap. Then you drove off the track and my feelings now are DUMB ASS! :happy204:Love ya ben

No worries Crazy Joe - it didn't matter - driving off the track on the last lap - that is a TOTAL dumbass move!

Here's the last two laps - the most exciting parts. I'm still pissed at myself.
The moment I ran wide into the marbles the car just pushed right off. Video quality and camera location aren't that great - I will relocate the camera next race. Try viewing in full screen mode and its a little better.

Doc - keen to see your video

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7622094/20232616

Terry Hanushek
06-10-2010, 05:49 AM
Gregg

Can someone tell me here or via PM about the DQ in the ProIT race for violation of ITCS 9.1.3--since 9.1.3 is pretty much the entire ITCS (minus the spec lines).

The citation was intended to include the car specification line in ITCS 9.1.3. The car in question was significantly underweight. I had asked that the word 'Weight' be included in the announcement but it got overlooked in the publication of the final results.

Terry

tdw6974
06-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Gregg

The citation was intended to include the car specification line in ITCS 9.1.3. The car in question was significantly underweight. I had asked that the word 'Weight' be included in the announcement but it got overlooked in the publication of the final results.

Terry
Results are posted where?? Thnaks Tw

Doc Bro
06-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Doc - keen to see your video

Ben I hope to have it up soon. I was also running a hero cam facing backwards so I hope to have that up as well.

R

Andy Bettencourt
06-10-2010, 07:44 AM
I hope your video is better then Ben's. Made me puke!

Ya have to move it forward!!!

Terry Hanushek
06-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Tom

Results are posted where??

The complete results from Round 3 are posted on the NESCCA web site ( www.nescca.com (http://www.nescca.com) ). They are included in the New Jersey National results.

I was sorry to see you guys have problem with your car. I hope things go better at Summit Point.

Terry

lateapex911
06-10-2010, 03:42 PM
I was also running a hero cam...so I was really flying down the straights.....

R

SO, that explains it!
;)

Doc Bro
06-10-2010, 04:01 PM
SO, that explains it!
;)

Yes, Jake but as I said (before you bastardized my post) it was in backwards....so it actually makes me faster in reverse. Duh..............

R

mazdagt3
06-10-2010, 10:51 PM
I hope your video is better then Ben's. Made me puke!

Ya have to move it forward!!!

In car from #00 from this weekend as well as lrp and nelson will soon be posted......

last 3 laps at njmp were best viewed out the side windows :D

dtanthon
06-11-2010, 08:21 AM
You can also post your videos on www.ProITSeries.com (http://www.ProITSeries.com) as well.
We have plenty of space up there.

benspeed
06-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Yo Doc! We're all dyin' to see some race video man!!! Give it up bro!

M5rokit
06-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Ben and Doc,
I'm finally hooking up my HD Cam with fisheye so hopefully I'll be able to contribute as well. Gotta get one of them NASCAR dodads that rotate when another car is going past or falling back!

benspeed
06-16-2010, 01:14 PM
LOL! I need to change up how I mounted my cam and need some better conversion software. My crisp HD video was turned into mush by the converter program...

lateapex911
06-16-2010, 03:51 PM
I find wider lenses and mounting further up is best. Auto exposure often over exposes the outside because of dark interiors. Lighter interiors help. Or having less interior in the frame does as well. If the auto exposure can be disabled, that's another solution, but, if you test it in bright sun, and then it gets cloudy for the race, it can get dark in the final version. It seems some cameras have better exposure latitude. Seems like that is associated with price. ;) (But not always!)

benspeed
06-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Good suggestions Jake - I will mount my camera higher and fiddle with the exposure - my video bleached out on bright sun and I thought the same thing - dark interior goofing it up.

I think Doc Bro didn't like his driving so he won't post his vid! :-)

Doc Bro
06-17-2010, 08:56 AM
I think Doc Bro didn't like his driving so he won't post his vid! :-)

What I'm trying to do is protect you from all the people who are going to booo at your low yield pass attempt that could have killed me.......

That, and I still don't know how to download my video......

R

benspeed
06-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Most folks have a different opinion of that...watch my video - the corner was mine - I had the inside and was fully alongside if not a nose ahead of you at the kink. Post your video so we can see.

Rob43
06-18-2010, 01:37 PM
What I'm trying to do is protect you from all the people who are going to booo at your low yield pass attempt that could have killed me.......

That, and I still don't know how to download my video......

R

Most folks have a different opinion of that...watch my video - the corner was mine - I had the inside and was fully alongside if not a nose ahead of you at the kink. Post your video so we can see.

It's getting a little hot in here !

Rob
ITR BMW #43