PDA

View Full Version : CMP Memorial Monster

seckerich
04-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Registration opens tonight for the Double SARRC/Double CCPS at CMP Memorial Day weekend. May29/30. Look forward to seeing all of you there.

http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/sedivracing/clubrace.aspx?EventID=4325&LMID=486

JeffYoung
05-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Steve, tried to register but something is up with (a) choosing a "day" when you go Double Sarrc and (b) selecting a number. DLB only shows about 7 numbers available for some reason.

Thanks man.

Hotshoe
05-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Steve, tried to register but something is up with (a) choosing a "day" when you go Double Sarrc and (b) selecting a number. DLB only shows about 7 numbers available for some reason.

Thanks man.

I tried also and it would not give me a car number.... I sent an email to DLB but have gotten no reply.

Ron Earp
05-01-2010, 05:19 PM
I tried also and it would not give me a car number.... I sent an email to DLB but have gotten no reply.

Ditto, email sent to DLB. I'm sure it'll get sorted out.

seckerich
05-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks guys. Looks like it was not allowing any reserved numbers. Vicki is getting it fixed.

Ron Earp
05-02-2010, 09:38 AM
I see Tristan is on the list with the ITR 300zx, sweet!!!

Ron Earp
05-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Something else is going on with the system. When you sign up for the double SARRC it'll put you in Group 6, CCPS. I have tried it three times now to make certain. The confirmation email I received was:

ITS #38 CCPS Group 6

1974 Datsun 260Z, Silver, T# - 2073491
Team Slightly Improved Pirate

Tristan Smith
05-02-2010, 04:46 PM
I see Tristan is on the list with the ITR 300zx, sweet!!!

Yeah time to see just how slow I am and what is going to fall off the car. I did a test day at Roebling and the car had a few bugs to work out. Got most of them worked out, at least in theory.

Just remember boys I am rusty, so don't go "forcing" situations! ha

quadzjr
05-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Hoping to share the MR2 with my father the weekend. Never Raced on that track, should be a bad track for the car (hills and straights) but a fun course nonetheless.

Is there two sprints and two enduros?

seckerich
05-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Steve there are 2 (45 minute) Carolina cup races and you can have 2 drivers for that with a mandatory 2 minute pit stop. There are also 2 SARRC races. If you enter the car we will give you the multiple race discount regardless of who drives. That way you can share a car for the SARRC races or whatever and save some money. When you register on DLB be sure to notice there is a seperate event page for the Carolina Cup and the double SARRC. DLB would not accept 4 races on one page. Dont worry if it gives you a higher price than listed on the entry form, we are just taking checks and Vicki will charge you the correct amount. Enter the SARRC on one page and go to the Carolina Cup to enter them. Trying to get that fixed but DLB seems to not answer phone or email in any timely manner.

seckerich
05-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Vicki has you fixed up Ron.

Something else is going on with the system. When you sign up for the double SARRC it'll put you in Group 6, CCPS. I have tried it three times now to make certain. The confirmation email I received was:

ITS #38 CCPS Group 6

1974 Datsun 260Z, Silver, T# - 2073491
Team Slightly Improved Pirate

quadzjr
05-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Steve there are 2 (45 minute) Carolina cup races and you can have 2 drivers for that with a mandatory 2 minute pit stop. There are also 2 SARRC races. If you enter the car we will give you the multiple race discount regardless of who drives. That way you can share a car for the SARRC races or whatever and save some money. When you register on DLB be sure to notice there is a seperate event page for the Carolina Cup and the double SARRC. DLB would not accept 4 races on one page. Dont worry if it gives you a higher price than listed on the entry form, we are just taking checks and Vicki will charge you the correct amount. Enter the SARRC on one page and go to the Carolina Cup to enter them. Trying to get that fixed but DLB seems to not answer phone or email in any timely manner.

Thanks, will see if pops wants to share.

What is the discounted price? I am thinking double SARRC and one enduro. I don't know if we could get the old man out and me in and buckled in two minutes. It would be funny.. move it old man!

seckerich
05-03-2010, 05:43 PM
$560 gets you a double SARRC and one CCPS. $750 gets you all 4 races. We can get extra crew to throw him in.:D

Ron Earp
05-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Thanks Vicki.

The monster is a hell of a race weekend. Nice work folks!

trhoppe
05-04-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm thinking about this one. Anyone in for ITA?

chuck baader
05-04-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm already registered, Tommy R,,,,come on down and play...CB

tyler raatz
05-04-2010, 09:49 PM
I will be there in ITA.

trhoppe
05-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Sweet! Tyler, you gonna have the hot motor, or still the junkyarder? :)

chuck baader
05-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Camping facilities? Electrical hook ups? Thanks, Chuck

JeffYoung
05-05-2010, 03:36 PM
A CMP rookie? Have you never been Chuck?

Power is intermittent but available. I think they charged us $10 to camp. Showers are available, and in pretty good condition.

quadzjr
05-05-2010, 03:42 PM
I am a CMP rookie.. watching video's when I can to try to learn where in teh hell the track goes. I wish I coudl find a slower in car. some of the corners I see would require much less brakign if you didn't have umpteen hp.

chuck baader
05-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Ran a solo 1 on the lower section just after the track opened (2003?). Will have to learn the new section during practice. Power has not changed. Any 30-50 amp hook ups? CB

tyler raatz
05-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Sweet! Tyler, you gonna have the hot motor, or still the junkyarder? :)
I am 95% sure I will still have the junk in the car, the machinist has my parts but has not started on it. Then Blake and I need to find time to assemble install and spend a few more hours on the dyno tuning.
It's ok at CMP with the old motor though, in March, on OLD tires I qualified 2nd side by side with Neil Harrison in the 240, we were both well under the track record. With new tires on the car and a chassis that is starting to come to me, I should be pretty quick, just not in the same spots as the big HP cars:D.
Look forward to racing with you.

Parrish57
05-05-2010, 06:59 PM
I am a CMP rookie.. watching video's when I can to try to learn where in teh hell the track goes. I wish I coudl find a slower in car. some of the corners I see would require much less brakign if you didn't have umpteen hp.

Try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cq7F93IdNw

This was right after they repaved the apexes. It was smokin fast then, but it has given up some grip since. Hope it helps!

jmark
05-06-2010, 09:30 AM
How many Z cars are coming?

quadzjr
05-13-2010, 09:34 AM
When looking at the registration list on DLB, is the registration for the Enduro prefixed with "CC-"? A week or so ago they had it as two seperate races in the calender view.

seckerich
05-13-2010, 11:10 AM
You are correct. DLB was having a problem telling the events apart so we added the CC prefix so it could all be on one page. Not a big deal for entrants, but a huge advantage when we download the reports for the race weekend. I saw Ginny had done that at VIR with the MARRS/SARRC to seperate points and it works.

trhoppe
05-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Aaand I'm out.

The front shocks currently have about the same amount of damping as a steel rod. Would explain why the car didn't turn in at VIR :(

chuck baader
05-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Excuses, excuses...you just aren't rubbing Lee the right way:023: CB

Knestis
05-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Aaand I'm out. ...

And I'm in - for both CCPS races and the Saturday SARRC. The second SARRC makes it mighty pinchy to get back to Charlotte, turn in the rental, and fly home.

I let my reserved number (42) lapse so it's not giving me that option but maybe I can check at registration and see about it...?

K

PS - for those of you in other areas, you can only wish you had registrars as service oriented as Vicki et al. at CCR...

quadzjr
05-13-2010, 06:29 PM
I won't know untill, next week if I will be able to make it. But if I do I plan to be there with #42 in ITB :D

Knestis
05-13-2010, 09:28 PM
I won't know untill, next week if I will be able to make it. But if I do I plan to be there with #42 in ITB :D

Grrr.

Retribution will be mine.

K

JeffYoung
05-13-2010, 09:47 PM
It's a long way from Syracuse to Kershaw....

Knestis
05-13-2010, 10:40 PM
~ 8 hours, actually - drive from Syracuse to Rochester, fly to BWI, changes planes to Charlotte, rent car, drive to Kershaw. On the upside, the air ticket was only $250.

K

JeffYoung
05-13-2010, 11:27 PM
No shit..are you coming down??

~ 8 hours, actually - drive from Syracuse to Rochester, fly to BWI, changes planes to Charlotte, rent car, drive to Kershaw. On the upside, the air ticket was only $250.

K

Knestis
05-14-2010, 07:39 AM
And I'm in - for both CCPS races and the Saturday SARRC. The second SARRC makes it mighty pinchy to get back to Charlotte, turn in the rental, and fly home.

I let my reserved number (42) lapse so it's not giving me that option but maybe I can check at registration and see about it...?

K

PS - for those of you in other areas, you can only wish you had registrars as service oriented as Vicki et al. at CCR...

Self quotation for emphasis...

:)

K

JeffYoung
05-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Cool deal! More incentive for me to get teh TR fixed and get down there.

Hope to catch up at the track.

quadzjr
05-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Grrr.

Retribution will be mine.

K

I think if you stay on course AND don't break down you will beat me.

you mkIII VW > me mk1 MR2

But I will still have fun.

Knestis
05-14-2010, 08:54 PM
I think if you stay on course AND don't break down you will beat me.

you mkIII VW > me mk1 MR2

But I will still have fun.

me old and rusty as hell < anything

K

quadzjr
05-14-2010, 09:22 PM
I think I will need more than rust. and old apparently doesn't play that much of a role. Every watch Carlos Sainz in the Dakar or Mika Salo in the Risi Ferrari? No excuses :D

timo944
05-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Anybody know the schedule? On the CCR website it's shown as a filx file (download.filx) that I can't do anything with.

More specifically, when are the races for the ITS groups?

Looks like I have permission from the wife to blow the dust off the 944!!!

Thanks
Timo

quadzjr
05-22-2010, 10:05 AM
There doesn't seem to be a specific schedule in the supps, but atleast you have an idea of what order you will be on track.

I just registered for it last night, working out some bugs,as I must of messed something up when registering as my name is no showing up for the sprint races.

timo944
05-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Doh!

Thank you!

Parrish57
05-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Anybody know the schedule? On the CCR website it's shown as a filx file (download.filx) that I can't do anything with.

More specifically, when are the races for the ITS groups?

Looks like I have permission from the wife to blow the dust off the 944!!!

Thanks
Timo

Here you go...

chuck baader
05-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Steve, I realize the Friday test day is not SCCA, however, $225 for that track is out of line. Any half days available? Chuck

seckerich
05-23-2010, 02:07 PM
You are correct Chuck. We have nothing to do with the test day. I would give Toni a call at the track and see if they will do a half day. 1-803-475-2448. Brian Smith is one of the managers and might help as well. That is why we give you the short practice Saturday to check the car out and bed brakes.

JeffYoung
05-23-2010, 02:26 PM
And the practice is MUCH appreciated. Like you said, great chance to bed brakes.

Thanks guys!

quadzjr
05-24-2010, 10:17 AM
+2 on saturday pratice!

Anybody need a ride from CFR region? I have an empty spot in an enclosed trailer if you are intersted.

AS a side note, I have no data on fuel consumption at this track, depending on how much fuel I consume in the sprint race, I may need the assistance of a guy to hold a fire bottle if I need to refuel during the driver change in the saturday enduro.

Ron Earp
05-24-2010, 10:51 AM
+2 on saturday pratice!

Anybody need a ride from CFR region? I have an empty spot in an enclosed trailer if you are intersted.

AS a side note, I have no data on fuel consumption at this track, depending on how much fuel I consume in the sprint race, I may need the assistance of a guy to hold a fire bottle if I need to refuel during the driver change in the saturday enduro.

You mean Carolina Cup? I'll probably be out there crewing for another group and can help out. I'm not running the Carolina Cup so should be available.

quadzjr
05-24-2010, 11:15 AM
You mean Carolina Cup? I'll probably be out there crewing for another group and can help out. I'm not running the Carolina Cup so should be available.

yes, and thanks. Cool, I will let you know!:D

JeffYoung
05-24-2010, 11:21 AM
Is there an ECR?

I'm not sure they let you refuel during a CCPS (45 minute race).

quadzjr
05-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Is there an ECR?

I'm not sure they let you refuel during a CCPS (45 minute race).

hmm.. I will have to look at the supps, Otherwise I am going to have to find more lead. I will be underweight after 45 minute race.

After looking at the rules, yes no re-fueling is allowed. So I have to find some more weight UGH!

seckerich
05-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Need to find the lead. Carolina Cup rules do not allow refueling. This was done by them in the beginning to not have the dangerous fueling of the SRF. I have quite a bit of lead in the trailer for the car when Vicki drives if you need to borrow some. Fore some reason Cheese fries seem to work for me.:D

Chip42
05-24-2010, 01:02 PM
hmm.. I will have to look at the supps, Otherwise I am going to have to find more lead. I will be underweight after 45 minute race.

there should be enoguh room on the floor for one more block. how many hundreds of pounds are there already??? I guess this means you don't need to borrow my suit.

racingralph
05-24-2010, 06:46 PM
since my guy is not racing this weekend , anyone need an extra fender lizard ? i'm pretty good at changing tranny's in rx-7s . i wanta go racing !! will work for food !! thanks ralph !

seckerich
05-24-2010, 09:04 PM
You are always welcome on my crew Ralph, I already put your name down.

JeffYoung
05-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Same here -- Ralph, you are welcome to paddock with us, and I'll put you (and any of your gang) down as crew.

Can you change a TR8 tranny??

Ron Earp
05-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Can you change a TR8 tranny??

He doesn't need to be able to. He just needs to be able to drink beer, which is what we all do in lieu of fixing a busted TR8. When it breaks it breaks big.

JeffYoung
05-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Boom!

Charles Perry
06-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Well guys, how did everyone finish????

JeffYoung
06-01-2010, 10:43 AM
My laps is up but Saturday was:

Eckerich-Young-Parrish-McCandless

Sunday:

Eckerich-Parrish-McCandless-Young

Ron threw a rocker on Saturday, on Sunday qualled 3rd but spun early. Harold Corbin was fifth both days I think.

tnord
06-01-2010, 12:39 PM
i want pictures, video, or audio clips of tristan's new ITR Z.:026:

seckerich
06-01-2010, 12:41 PM
It sounded SWEEEEET going through the gears. A few bugs but very well prepped car.

JeffYoung
06-01-2010, 04:07 PM
It is extraordinarily well built. If anyone can make it fast, it's Tristan. I hope he does, cause if so, I've got a shell in my storage space just waiting for dollars and time.

As a side note, CMP continues to get slower..and slower...Sunday times were atrocious. Some of it was heat but damn, that track seems to be 3-4 SECONDS slower in just the last year or so.

quadzjr
06-01-2010, 04:16 PM
some people were able to go fast, I mean yes the track seems to be slower than in february with the fresh asphalt.

Being my first time at the track, I would say that it was one of the slippery-est tracks I have been on, but I assumed that was due to the hot weather and my cycled tires.

JeffYoung
06-01-2010, 04:22 PM
I was off my game driving wise, but the whole "upper section" was just ridiculously slidy the whole weekend, and the carousel went from pretty good to crap on Sunday.

seckerich
06-01-2010, 04:37 PM
The track sucked because it had "24 hour of Lemons" rubber and fluids over half of it. That is why it was fast on the back side and like ice on the front half. Needed a good scrub with oil dry.

timo944
06-01-2010, 04:51 PM
The track sucked because it had "24 hour of Lemons" rubber and fluids over half of it. That is why it was fast on the back side and like ice on the front half. Needed a good scrub with oil dry.

Did y'all find it very slippery coming out of the hairpin? My rear end was all over the place and I was thinking it was me (or at least, the car).

JeffYoung
06-01-2010, 05:01 PM
You mean the carousel (the 5-6 complex)? Or turn 11?

11 wasn't too bad, but 12 was awful (for me), and the carousel got worse as the weekend went on (for me).

I've run 49s there before. Never got close this weekend.

Tristan Smith
06-01-2010, 06:58 PM
It sounded SWEEEEET going through the gears. A few bugs but very well prepped car.

Funny though, even though it is loud at idle, I was only pulling 88 - 89 dbs on the sound meter. It's strangely quiet at full throttle. I think I am going to take off the turn downs and see if it sounds a bit more manly.

It is extraordinarily well built. If anyone can make it fast, it's Tristan. I hope he does, cause if so, I've got a shell in my storage space just waiting for dollars and time.

As a side note, CMP continues to get slower..and slower...Sunday times were atrocious. Some of it was heat but damn, that track seems to be 3-4 SECONDS slower in just the last year or so.

Thanks Jeff. We'll see. It's heavy but surprising well handling. I have to fix the cutting out issue. I think when the tank gets low on fuel it is casusing pump starvation or cavitation. May experiment with some fuel tank foam, or something like that.

No doubt the track was greasy. Nothing like steering with the throttle.

But at this point, I don't think that any of the other "R" cars have a reason to fear me yet.

Tristan Smith
06-01-2010, 06:59 PM
i want pictures, video, or audio clips of tristan's new ITR Z.:026:

I don't have any video, but maybe one of the many who passed me has some as they whizzed by.

Knestis
06-01-2010, 08:40 PM
On another topic, I think it would be valuable for the membership to know the facts about the ITS protest, to clarify/eliminate rumors that are circulating. Every example that the IT community gets to see, where the culture is encouraging adherence to the rules, is a good thing for all of us.

K

Andy Bettencourt
06-01-2010, 09:08 PM
On another topic, I think it would be valuable for the membership to know the facts about the ITS protest, to clarify/eliminate rumors that are circulating. Every example that the IT community gets to see, where the culture is encouraging adherence to the rules, is a good thing for all of us.

K

Yes please.

quadzjr
06-01-2010, 10:15 PM
was it a mechcanical or driver protest? I don't want to hear rumors.. someone let us know.

timo944
06-02-2010, 10:05 PM
You mean the carousel (the 5-6 complex)? Or turn 11?

Turn 11. Must be me!

timo944
06-02-2010, 10:06 PM

K

Do tell Kirk - what's this all about?

quadzjr
06-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Since I haven't thanked everyone on both sites, I would like to say thanks to all that helped and good to meet everybody and put a face with name.

"had a decent weekend the MR2 had only a small oil leak from a cracked Oring on an AN fitting. In the dry races the MR2 was horribly outpaced some 5-7 seconds per lap slower than the leaders. In the CCPS I was able to work my way up through the field into P1 until the track started to get a dry line. Then Matt started to catch up and passed as I was coming a lap before I was coming into the pits.. A lengthy pitstop let Kirk by, but it was still fun to be competitive for once.

Need to work on some small suspesion setup issues when I return to the track.

Nice to meet finally
Kirk, Cameron, Allan, Jeff, Ron, Les, Matt, John, Derek and more!"

Knestis
06-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Do tell Kirk - what's this all about?

Facts as I know them...

** At least one ITS driver (may have been more) filed a protest against another driver

** Protestee decided to voluntarily forfeit finish position and SARRC points to date

** Protester withdrew the protest

K

TomL
06-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Kirk has the basic facts right on the protest. There were three protestors. All four of the affected people post here, so I'd leave it to them to decide whether they want to say anything else.

JeffYoung
06-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks Tom. You and Kirk have the major stuff right. We (Steve Parrish, myself, Ron Earp) filed a mechanical protest against an ITS competitor. He handled it professinally, as did the stewards. Without any prompting from the stewards, we worked out an agreement with the competitor to withdraw the protest. In my view, the system worked.

Knestis
06-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Thanks Tom. You and Kirk have the major stuff right. We (Steve Parrish, myself, Ron Earp) filed a mechanical protest against an ITS competitor. He handled it professinally, as did the stewards. Without any prompting from the stewards, we worked out an agreement with the competitor to withdraw the protest. In my view, the system worked.

I relayed facts. Jeff cheated and editorialized so I can too. :p

In my view, the system did NOT work but that's a value-laden argument.

KK

Ron Earp
06-03-2010, 05:59 PM
I relayed facts. Jeff cheated and editorialized so I can too. :p

In my view, the system did NOT work but that's a value-laden argument.

KK

I think about all you can say is it turned a null result. The protest didn't occur, so you can't make a judgment about the system.

Knestis
06-03-2010, 08:42 PM
It's not about whether a protest "happened" or not. It's about whether an instance of noncompliance was addressed. The latter clearly DID happen.

The use of a means to that end, alternative to the system, is a perfectly reasonable basis for judging the system.

To be clear, Ron - I'm absolutely NOT saying that all parties didn't realize outcomes that they thought were reasonable under the circumstances. In that regard, this was a win-win (win, win, win - for all involved). It just wasn't a win for the CLUB, its culture, or the community. Those are harder issues to resolve and, while I suppose it's not fair to ask you all to make YOUR situation more distasteful to that end, we sort of need people to force the system to mete out justice and document outcomes.

EDIT - or we change the system

K

JeffYoung
06-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I appreciate the thought on this Kirk. It is important to me that we debrief this and have a gut check on what happened.

But I do disagree. I think the point was made, I think a good result was reached for all involved (the drivers, our class, and the stewards), at the least cost in time and money to all involved.

One thing I certainly learned from all this is that there is a very high cost -- emotionally, time commitment, and dollars -- in the protest process. It's not something to take lightly.

When I see people who I KNOW wouldn't put up a couple thousand dollars "for the good of the Club" (and I'm not talking about you Kirk, because I know that a lot of your ire is at the system and not us) criticize the outcome of a situation they were not a part of -- that actually just makes it less likely that I ever participate in something like that again.

Maybe the system is broken. But I would say here that, without any shenanigans (real or perceived), it produced a decent result.

tnord
06-03-2010, 11:48 PM
i said this on the other board as well, but fwiw....

i think you guys handled the situation appropriately, and as someone who has filed a protest before (driving, not mechanical, minimal bond), i would've done the exact same thing.

lets remember that this is a club, and that even those you protest are a part of it, and the people who have to carry out your protest are volunteers. this is amatuer racing, and lets not take ourselves too seriously.

lateapex911
06-04-2010, 12:57 PM
i said this on the other board as well, but fwiw....

Link please?

nevermind, found it...

quadzjr
06-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Link please?

I assume he is talkign about the CMP topic on RRAX.

JeffYoung
06-04-2010, 01:34 PM
http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthread.php?t=29412&page=2