PDA

View Full Version : STU @ the Glen Double National?

Rabbit07
04-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Ok, I am planning on making the trip to the Glen in July to run STU at the Double National. Besides me and Greg Ginsberg, who is coming? If I can tow all the way from Michigan some local talent better come and kick my butt.

Crazy Joe? Greg Amy? Bueller, Bueller?

Greg Amy
04-21-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm planning to be there, and I'm sure Phil Parlato will be there in his World Challenge car. Wouldn't be surprised if Ben Philips made the drive in his ITR Porsche 968...

gran racing
04-21-2010, 09:39 PM
I'll be there with a SSC Civic si.

dominojd
04-22-2010, 05:59 AM
I'll keep that one in mind. :)

Dano77
04-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Its on the wish list for this year,lets see if the car lives thru the april driver school/regional this weekend. I need to go see the rocket man again,god I miss that trailer.

Dan

Greg Amy
07-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Bump-a-roonee....

17 STU entries. Lots of Miatae ("SMMASTUC"?), a couple of "real" STU cars (Parlato/Pignataro), some IT ex-patriots (me, Ginsberg, Childs), a Subaru STi (presumably a Touring car looking for track time...does he know he's gotta run an intake restrictor with that turbo? We may need to "remind" him), and...the infamous Steve Ulfelder S2000 (will it blend?)!!!

Should be a fun low-key weekend. I'm leaving Kessler at home and my wife is joining me for this one - you can be assured that NO work is going to happen on that Integra this weekend...;) - and we're staying around the area after for a few days of vacation.

GA

Greg Amy
07-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Ho-lee crap.

I just looked at the other entries...and there are 55 Miatas entered for Spec Miata!!!

Add in there 14 other entries for SSB, SSC, and T3, and I know where I'm gonna be for that start...with video camera...

Simon T.
07-06-2010, 11:35 AM
What is STU? What's the difference in STU and ITU?

Greg Amy
07-06-2010, 11:45 AM
What is STU? What's the difference in STU and ITU?
Read the GCR. It's a national class, came about a few years ago. Nothing to do with ITU (a regional class) except currently-legal '85-and-newer IT cars are allowed to compete as-is (but they're generally not competitive). - GA

erlrich
07-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Read the GCR. It's a national class, came about a few years ago. Nothing to do with ITU (a regional class) except currently-legal '85-and-newer IT cars are allowed to compete as-is (but they're generally not competitive). - GA

And...I see they have now cleared up the little question about whether all IT cars would run in STU:

"GCR listed IT cars, 1985 and newer, under the current IT specifications. Cars shall compete as follows: 3000cc and below are eligible for STU. 3001cc and above are eligible for STO."

Yippie, my 3.8L ITR Camaro gets to race against WCGT Corvettes...guess that's one way to help ensure an IT car never gets to the podium at the Ruboffs. :023:

Greg Amy
07-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Yippie, my 3.8L ITR Camaro gets to race against WCGT Corvettes...
Hey, I know how you feel...

...says GA, whose 1.8L ITS Integra gets to race against WC Touring BMWs... ;)

gran racing
07-06-2010, 12:01 PM
I saw the SM numbers and will sure have the in-car video on for that one! Think they'll move the other classes to a different run group?

ner88
07-06-2010, 01:00 PM
I saw the SM numbers and will sure have the in-car video on for that one! Think they'll move the other classes to a different run group?
What could be worse than running in SSB, running SSB in a Miata!:o

CRallo
07-06-2010, 03:28 PM
I will be in the area starting Friday and dropping in to spectate with a friend... then sticking around to instruct for a Monday/Tuesday event with the SCDA.

Looking forward to seeing yous guys!

Gregg
07-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Hey, I know how you feel...

...says GA, whose 1.8L ITS Integra gets to race against WC Touring BMWs... ;)
Says GG, who's gonna be running a 1.5l 1985 ITB CRX Si since his already over-matched car's motor took a dump.

But at least I can get the final two finishes I need for that trip to the Runoffs. :happy204::023::birra: