PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Test Port

RHallRacing
04-19-2010, 09:49 PM
We're just finishing up our MK3 ITB build but we need a fuel test port. Where would i get one?

Sorry if this a dumb question

Thanks

rx7chris
04-19-2010, 10:21 PM
pegasus racing has a couple choices

lawtonglenn
04-19-2010, 11:12 PM
we got the parts for our cars from this guy 6yrs ago ...cheap & effective

http://www.fuelports.com/

best
Glenn

RHallRacing
04-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Thanks guys

chewy8000
04-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Another MK3 golf! Sweet these things are popping up everywhere. Two in the DC region this year. Get that thing up and running and come join us for the Jersey MARRS/NJRRS races in July/August.

Hope your build went well and you didn't run into the massive electrical problems we did on both MK3 builds... Once these cars get sorted they are reliable and fast.

Flyinglizard
05-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Our rental VW does not have one(12yrs). At the last annual, the tech person said that we needed one. I asked to see the test equipment so that they would be compatible. They didnt have any. Tech guy retracted fuel port request.
What do they check for now that street fuel is 10% corn??
MM

RHallRacing
05-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Another MK3 golf! Sweet these things are popping up everywhere. Two in the DC region this year. Get that thing up and running and come join us for the Jersey MARRS/NJRRS races in July/August.

Hope your build went well and you didn't run into the massive electrical problems we did on both MK3 builds... Once these cars get sorted they are reliable and fast.

Knock on wood its going well so far. We're hoping to have it running for a test day in less than 2 weeks. Would love to get down to Jersey later this year and race with you guys if my schedule lets me.

Did you have a MK1 before?

jetta87
05-05-2010, 06:26 PM
i am finishing my mk2 jetta build for improved touring also and saw this post. do i have to have a fuel test port and how do you go about doing that cause i am not sure how it. i am goin to try and post some pics of it. its not pretty though as i am doing everything by myself and dad.

GTIspirit
05-08-2010, 01:44 AM
I believe there is another option to the fuel test port. There is a clause in the rules that states if you have in your posession the fuel injection test equipment then you don't need a test port. Since I have the CIS fuel injection pressure tester it sounds like I wouldn't need the test port.